Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 01, 2003, 10:28 PM
usa
Joined Mar 2003
1,018 Posts
Havent been around for a while....

Hi folks! I used to frequent these halls a lot earlier this year. Got a little distracted with metal detecting (needed the distraction after I crashed my much beloved CAP 232).

I see a lot of new things have come up in the last 6 months. CBP liths, new micro brushless motors, the Astro Lith charger and more fires.

Just finished re-installing radio equipment on my Xtreme microjet project and cycling my TX packs.

See you soon at the field.

JT

PS "Im back!"
BING! is offline Find More Posts by BING!
Last edited by BING!; Nov 01, 2003 at 10:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2003, 10:51 PM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,707 Posts
Hey Bing! Good to hear from you! How is the weather in LA? I am not used to the cold up here (and it's only been down to the high 50s!). I am starting to go in the micro direction as there is a park next door that is just the right size. I have a little skeeter (smallrc) coming. The switchback is alive and well.

I miss the field at Sepulveda-haven't found anything quite like that yet around here.

-Jon
echoplanar is offline Find More Posts by echoplanar
Old Nov 01, 2003, 11:02 PM
usa
Joined Mar 2003
1,018 Posts
50's. I guess there will be no thermalling for you my friend. I remember when it got cold back in Manila, we would get sinkers. Sudden catastrophic downward wind shear. Lost a a plane or two that way.

Send pics of your micro stuff. I may be building a DLG. I saw a post on the Gambler which intrigues me. Its made by Wrights brothers. You and I have always wanted a DLG. This thing cost $ 60.00 in kit form, is laser cut and uses Solite. Thats about what we like to build.

See again sometime my friend.

JT
BING! is offline Find More Posts by BING!