SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 14, 2012, 04:00 AM
Joined Sep 2011
21 Posts
Discussion
Ardupilot Mega 2.0 on rcexplorer.se Tricopter V2.5

Because there are many of those Tricopters out there I thought I should share the numbers of my PIDs because some might make the same update on the flight control and then these numbers will probably be a good base to adjust and save time. Right now I am using the V2.5.4.
Proll Iroll Droll
0,2 0,4 0,004
Ppitch Ipitch Dpitch
0,22 0,3 0,002
RateYaw
Pstab Istab Dstab
3 0,09 0,1
Pyawstab

The rest of the Stabilize and Rate is standard. The numbers should be just a basis for you to make your own adjustments. I tried to get a smooth but stable flight out of the control in Acro-mode. Since that is the mode I prefer (it flies like the KK without the use of ACCs).
I already have adjusted the loiter and altitude parameters a little bit but right now it does not really function well. If somebody else is using APM 2.0 on the Tri V2.5 I would love to see your parameters.
In my opinion it is a little better with the APM instead of the KK but I get a bit disturbing sound from the Tri. Right now I think it is probably the high timing on the ESC/motor combo (but it didnít help when I switched to 400MHz and I have the SiLabs Plush so there is no new Firmware) or it is the new servo I had to use because the old one didnít find the middle anymore. The new one is the one David advises to use.
Of course it is really cool just to switch a flip and everything turns center or it returns to launch. Nice for FPV flights.

Have a nice day
Manfet is offline Find More Posts by Manfet
to remove ads between posts