Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:22 AM
Registered User
Grzechu's Avatar
Poland
Joined Jun 2008
90 Posts
OK, I soldered wire into Atmega And it works.

I have question, in TX AV I have stereo audio (white and green wires). When I connect output from arduino to WHITE it works (no matter left or right audio output in RX AV). When I connect it to GREEN wire it doesn't work. I was thinkinh that if I connect WHITE wire I sholud connect white output in RX AV (and if Green -> Red output in RX AV)...

Some pics



Grzechu is offline Find More Posts by Grzechu
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:14 AM
Registered User
jalves's Avatar
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzechu View Post
When I connect output from arduino to WHITE it works (no matter left or right audio output in RX AV). When I connect it to GREEN wire it doesn't work.
Easy choice, choose white wire input.
On the Rx side choose the one it works better.
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:21 AM
FPV!
pisagor's Avatar
Joined Feb 2007
42 Posts
i tried to upload tx code using by arduino software but
'BYTE' keyword is no longer supported

how can i fix that?

edit: ok i fix my problem with arduino 0023 version. 1.0.3 didn't work.
pisagor is offline Find More Posts by pisagor
Last edited by pisagor; Jan 01, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:06 AM
FPV!
pisagor's Avatar
Joined Feb 2007
42 Posts
can i use continuous servo?
pisagor is offline Find More Posts by pisagor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:28 AM
Registered User
jalves's Avatar
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,637 Posts
nope.
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:17 PM
Registered User
Grzechu's Avatar
Poland
Joined Jun 2008
90 Posts
Jalves, 360 degrees isn't in software? I hacked serwo with trimmer and it is continous... It must be 360 degrees servo?
Grzechu is offline Find More Posts by Grzechu
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:22 PM
Registered User
jalves's Avatar
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,637 Posts
yes,

The software work with a signal with pulses from 1 to 2 ms (1000 to 2000 in the software), like a regular servo or like the servo signal of a rc receiver.

Thus to obtain 360 you have to use a winch servo, hack a regular servo to do 360 (if memory serve me well, adding two resistors -values 2.2Kohm?- to the pot of the servo) or live with less than 180 PAN (not all servos are capable of doing 180, must of them do 60 to 80)
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:57 PM
Registered User
Grzechu's Avatar
Poland
Joined Jun 2008
90 Posts
My servo cannont be hacked by resistors, but trimmer, I throw out pot and add trimmer, and I have cointinuous movement. And I'm confused because You said to pisagor that he can't use continuous servo...
Grzechu is offline Find More Posts by Grzechu
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:27 PM
FPV!
pisagor's Avatar
Joined Feb 2007
42 Posts
i will try with 2.2k resistors. I'm not sure, but I read somewhere. Instead of adding resistance to the pot .
i can't wait 3 weeks for the shipping any idea(made) about hacking servo?
pisagor is offline Find More Posts by pisagor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 08:58 PM
HOL
Registered User
Danmark, Midtjylland, Galten
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzechu View Post
My servo cannont be hacked by resistors, but trimmer, I throw out pot and add trimmer, and I have cointinuous movement. And I'm confused because You said to pisagor that he can't use continuous servo...
If Your trimmer is used only to adjust "Stop" (no movement), it's "continuous" type and won't work. If Your trimmer is physically connected to the servo's output-shaft (thus providing shaft-position feedback instead original pot), it can be used. But then the trimmer must be of multiturn type, and then 0-180 degree in servo.h will cover multiple turns.
HOL is offline Find More Posts by HOL
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:31 AM
Registered User
Grzechu's Avatar
Poland
Joined Jun 2008
90 Posts
HOL, I hacked by this
http://www.instructables.com/id/Modi...nuous-Rotation

But can You explain last sentence: "But then the trimmer must be of multiturn type, and then 0-180 degree in servo.h will cover multiple turns" ? I don't got it...
Grzechu is offline Find More Posts by Grzechu
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:51 AM
HOL
Registered User
Danmark, Midtjylland, Galten
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzechu View Post
HOL, I hacked by this
http://www.instructables.com/id/Modi...nuous-Rotation

But can You explain last sentence: "But then the trimmer must be of multiturn type, and then 0-180 degree in servo.h will cover multiple turns" ? I don't got it...
Your servo needs position feedback from the outputshaft to be used with tracker, hence the trimmer need to be physically attached to the outputshaft. A std trimmer won't allow for 360 degree of rotation, so a multiturn type must be used in that case.
If Your trimmer isn't connected physically to the outputshaft, You have a continuous rotating "servo". It then no longer works as a servo, but as an ordinary DC gearmotor. Any control pulse below "center pulsewidth" will make it turn in one direction, and any control pulse above "center pulsewidth" will make it turn in the other direction.
On the std servo, a pulsewidth of a given size represents a position. When the position is reached, the controller in the servo stops the motor. But the controller only knows when the position is reached, if the pot i attached to the output shaft. Therefore the hacked servo will keep running. The controller will never get feedback from the pot, that the position is reached.
HOL is offline Find More Posts by HOL
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:45 AM
FPV!
pisagor's Avatar
Joined Feb 2007
42 Posts
is that right c1 100n ?
pisagor is offline Find More Posts by pisagor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:47 AM
FPV!
pisagor's Avatar
Joined Feb 2007
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOL View Post
Your servo needs position feedback from the outputshaft to be used with tracker, hence the trimmer need to be physically attached to the outputshaft. A std trimmer won't allow for 360 degree of rotation, so a multiturn type must be used in that case.
If Your trimmer isn't connected physically to the outputshaft, You have a continuous rotating "servo". It then no longer works as a servo, but as an ordinary DC gearmotor. Any control pulse below "center pulsewidth" will make it turn in one direction, and any control pulse above "center pulsewidth" will make it turn in the other direction.
On the std servo, a pulsewidth of a given size represents a position. When the position is reached, the controller in the servo stops the motor. But the controller only knows when the position is reached, if the pot i attached to the output shaft. Therefore the hacked servo will keep running. The controller will never get feedback from the pot, that the position is reached.
if i change to 360 degree trimmer it working ?
pisagor is offline Find More Posts by pisagor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:29 PM
HOL
Registered User
Danmark, Midtjylland, Galten
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisagor View Post
if i change to 360 degree trimmer it working ?
Are You able to find a 360 degree pot?
If You can find a 360 degree pot AND You can get it attached to the outputshaft (physically, not elektrically), yes, You could make a 360 degree servo.
Much easier it is, to use the winch type servo Jalves recommends.
HOL is offline Find More Posts by HOL
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! LRS/UHF/XPS for Aurora 9, and 1.3ghz Antenna Tracker. Eagleeyes or Skylark? daign FPV Talk 2 May 17, 2012 03:36 PM
Sold 360 Servo for (Antenna Tracker or PAN).....NEW crd FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Apr 15, 2012 05:39 PM
Sold RVGS Antenna Tracker scrape FPV Equipment (FS/W) 0 Mar 31, 2012 11:18 PM
Sold Antenna Pan/Tilt for Antenna Tracker w/ MG Servos imagebuff FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Mar 20, 2012 02:26 AM
Sold Servo City Heavy Duty Pan / Tilt for antenna tracker w EZ Antenna Tracker thefokker FPV Equipment (FS/W) 4 Sep 08, 2011 07:53 AM