Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:38 AM
Poland
Joined Jun 2008
90 Posts
Jalves, Could You see into the picture?

Top graph is from the output signal arduino TX, It seems be good. Bottom graph is from output of receiver AV. I tried to see output directly from receiver and after Bench filter, but It is almost the same...

Can we do something with it? I'm little nervous because I'm doing that tracker to get the title of engineer in my technical university... And I have 1 month...
Grzechu is offline Find More Posts by Grzechu
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:19 AM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzechu View Post

Top graph is from the output signal arduino TX, It seems be good. Bottom graph is from output of receiver AV. I tried to see output directly from receiver and after Bench filter, but It is almost the same...

Can we do something with it? I'm little nervous because I'm doing that tracker to get the title of engineer in my technical university... And I have 1 month...
So, you are ripping of someons work to get your self engineer title instead of doing it your self, and than on top of that you're asking for support instead of trying to troubleshoot it alone?
hefest is offline Find More Posts by hefest
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:33 AM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,636 Posts
Quote:

What can I say, remove the fox Video system from the equation and buy a GOOD video system that we know that works.

Airwaves modules work as a charm, try to buy the modules alone and build the Tx/Rx or buy assembled airwaves Tx/Rx or buy immersionRc products, they are expensive but good ones.

Look at the signal of CH2, the video Tx/Rx absolutely destroy the PWM of the signal (and it also invert the pulses).
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:36 AM
Poland
Joined Jun 2008
90 Posts
Ripping? I'll write that it is not my software. My topic is 'video transmission in UAV', I made myself mechanics of tracker. I draw my antena in solid works with my idea. That is open source and I'll WRITE THAT I USE JALVES SOFTWARE, because when my want to get engineer title we don't have to discover all parts. We can use parts that are already exist.

Moreover, I writed over a dozen pages that I want to use it.

Thanks Jalves, I think I'm gonna buy... I have also 5.8GHZ from hobbyking, I'll try it...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
Poland
Joined Jun 2008
90 Posts
Jalves, is it any difference about frequency? I have FrSky, so I need 5.8GHz video.
And I think about
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/5.8GHz-A-...r-Uno5800.html

and
https://www.dpcav.com/xcart/5.8GHz-A...ter-600mW.html
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:20 PM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefest View Post
So, you are ripping of someons work to get your self engineer title instead of doing it your self, and than on top of that you're asking for support instead of trying to troubleshoot it alone?
Shut up.

Quote:
Jalves, is it any difference about frequency? I have FrSky, so I need 5.8GHz video.
And I think about
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/5.8GHz-A-...r-Uno5800.html

and
https://www.dpcav.com/xcart/5.8GHz-A...ter-600mW.html
Frequency won't matter as long as you are getting a good link quality. Those are really high quality systems from what I've heard. If its in your budget I don't think that you will find anything better. Good luck
Legot is offline Find More Posts by Legot
Last edited by Legot; Dec 11, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:35 PM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,636 Posts
Grzechu,

I can only talk about what I know, and that is airwave's 2.4GHz modules.

Those Tx/Rx should be good quality, they have the immersionRC logo on it, what I don't know is if they invert the audio signal.

if I were you, I would ask here if they deliver the audio signal as the Tx receive it.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:40 PM
Poland
Joined Jun 2008
90 Posts
I found few different 5.8 receiver with airwave modules, someone have audio level 2 V p-p, other 3 V p-p. What is Yours, jalves?

I found very similar to Your (at 5.8GHz)
http://www.electronicarc.com/catalog...0fbd3a963b84dc
But it has -85dBm sensitive...

UNO5800 has -90, but it has 3 Vp-p audio level, So i'm not sure it'll works... Eh
Last edited by Grzechu; Dec 12, 2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:50 AM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,636 Posts
I use this one.

The problem isn't the audio voltage level, it is what the link do to the audio signal, as you can see with your Fox video system.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:20 PM
Poland
Joined Jun 2008
90 Posts
I think I'll buy

and

And I'm gonna also pray to that immersion will work...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:38 PM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,636 Posts
good luck with that, let us know if it works.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:46 AM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Can we get any more information on the video telemetry? Like a schematic and maybe a test code to play with?
Legot is offline Find More Posts by Legot
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:28 PM
Poland
Joined Jun 2008
90 Posts
I think I have solved that. FOX800 is definitely not going with that project without much work, because You saw what receiver did with signal.

Lawmate is better, but it is not square-wave signal in 100% (strange slopes) and it inverted the phase.

But AV 5.8GHz from Hobbyking is good. It is square signal, but inverted. Audio level - about 0,7 V p.p. So, not enough V for arduino logic level (5V) even after inverted. I think airwave modules must have higher (about 3V p.p) when working.

I think I repaired it with my friend (don't have much time today, but wireless bench test was succesful with NMEA generator - packages were transmitted and LED was off). We inverted signal and raise it to 5V (exacly about 4,7V) with transistor.

So, inverting amplifier... It's a pity that I ordered airwave and spend 100$

I'll write more tommorow, time to sleep.

Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:48 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,404 Posts
Can you show some pictures how you attached the transistor and which one did you use.
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:15 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,404 Posts
Jalves do you have any more news with video-telemetry on Max-osd?
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev