SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 13, 2012, 03:32 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,426 Posts
Sorry for the off topic, but may I ask you jalves since you use dakar+lynx, is it possible to have 2 osds, one to display your data and the other one in this case dakar to display just that invisible data - gps coordinates which lynx then reads..

Could we make 2 solutions, one with audio and another with this hidden text...So if for some guys the audio solution doesn't work the could try that other solution..
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2012, 04:18 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,515 Posts
I believe you and know the fun is to learn (and teach), I was 10 years in higher education.

But, as efficiency, the best move for me was to switch to CP, that makes tracking and diversity obsolete, imo.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old May 13, 2012, 06:45 AM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,641 Posts
@renatoa,

I try CP also, but didn't have good results. But I'll get back to CP, this time I have some lab tools that I didn't have when II try it.

Yes, Learn is very fun!

@msev,

Dakar/Lynx is a VERY GOOD solution, you can use it with any other osd, the dakar can dim to nothing its characters, so you can have tracking and use a osd without telemetry or tracking

Also the Dakar send the telemetry data to the ground, you can also do a record of gps data or use an arduino and decoded to Lat, Long, Alt.

Try the diyAT today in the field, the results were not so good.

The tracking did work, but it had some corrupted packages (to many for my liking...), perhaps the LRS UHF in its vicinity may had some influence over the audio line

no video, fly and video taking is not an easy task...

Time to return to the bench
jalves is offline Find More Posts by jalves
Old May 13, 2012, 07:59 AM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalves View Post
@renatoa,

I try CP also, but didn't have good results. But I'll get back to CP, this time I have some lab tools that I didn't have when II try it.

Yes, Learn is very fun!

@msev,

Dakar/Lynx is a VERY GOOD solution, you can use it with any other osd, the dakar can dim to nothing its characters, so you can have tracking and use a osd without telemetry or tracking

Also the Dakar send the telemetry data to the ground, you can also do a record of gps data or use an arduino and decoded to Lat, Long, Alt.

Try the diyAT today in the field, the results were not so good.

The tracking did work, but it had some corrupted packages (to many for my liking...), perhaps the LRS UHF in its vicinity may had some influence over the audio line

no video, fly and video taking is not an easy task...

Time to return to the bench
What modulation are you using? Maybe just changing to use something like morse will stop loosing packets.
chaosdestro0 is offline Find More Posts by chaosdestro0
Old May 13, 2012, 10:59 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
Ham operators send data over audio all the time and with great success. Maybe we need to look into what they are doing, I know one solution is DTMF.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old May 13, 2012, 11:09 AM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,641 Posts
AFSK.

Melih solution adapted by Dennis, see it here:

Found that the PAN servo circuit board burn, thus the static pan...

I'll try to implement a detection of corrupted packages to avoid abrupt changes in PAN.
Old May 13, 2012, 11:16 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
Thank you, I really need to visit the DIY Drones site more.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old May 14, 2012, 03:44 AM
Wellington, New Zealand
Joined Aug 2009
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalves View Post
AFSK.

Melih solution adapted by Dennis, see it here:

Found that the PAN servo circuit board burn, thus the static pan...

I'll try to implement a detection of corrupted packages to avoid abrupt changes in PAN.
I've done some test with video data but I'll keep the comments to the DIY-OSD discussion.

I've also thought about error checking. A simple check character on the end of each message should pick up most errors. The decoder can also look at the data and ignore messages that are unreasonable. ie. If the plane is 500 meters away it's not going to be rotating 1/4 turn between messages. Limiting the movement rate based on last known plane position etc. There may also need to be a search pattern if contact is lost. I'm still thinking about this one. A search pattern could be based on the last known position and distance with time. Lots to consider.

Paul
PMB-NZ is offline Find More Posts by PMB-NZ
Old May 14, 2012, 04:14 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMB-NZ View Post
I've done some test with video data but I'll keep the comments to the DIY-OSD discussion.

Paul
So if you don't want to write about this in diy-osd thread then make your own thread, since I would like to read about it
Old May 14, 2012, 07:03 AM
Wellington, New Zealand
Joined Aug 2009
186 Posts
@msev
I was just meaning that I will put some comment in the DIY-OSD thread rather than clutter this thread which is about the open source antenna tracker using audio data link.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473207

Much of the antenna control is probably more relevant here, but I haven't got to the decoder yet.

I quite liked the look of Happy Killmores antenna tracker:
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/antenna-tracking-in

But I don't want to use a PC program other than maybe just a terminal to do set up. I use Linux 99.9999999% of the time so a Windows program is just more work.

Paul
PMB-NZ is offline Find More Posts by PMB-NZ
Old May 14, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,426 Posts
Also its not very practical to bring a laptop to the field, its more practical to use a microcontroller.
Old May 14, 2012, 09:41 AM
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
816 Posts
Boa sorte com este projecto Jalves!
Não me será útil pois uso antenas CP.
HF_ATL is offline Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Old May 14, 2012, 09:45 AM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,641 Posts
Checksum added!

Now a checksum test control the servos update.

Next is testing it in the field.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:25 AM
Portugal
Joined Mar 2004
2,641 Posts
Olá,

Obrigado.

Antenas CP feitas por ti?

Fiz um conjunto aqui há um tempo, mas não gostei do desempenho.

Desde então apetrechei a minha oficina com algumas peças, vou tentar novamente lá mais para a frente.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,426 Posts
Cool hope you have some friend with you who will film it ...or a "hat cam" :-)