SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 12, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Feb 2012
88 Posts
Discussion
Mini cp with devo 8s owners pls helppppp!!!!

Hi guys pls help me and maybe not only for me, i think that maybe a lot of pleople are in the same problem like me or maybe im wrong hahaha.... Well the thing is that i would really be very happy if someone could post settings for a very begginer guy like me and would be really great if the setting could be step by step, i had checked lot of settings but for example devo 8s have 7 points of pitch curve and all that i saw are with only 5 values, so pls really need your help guys, thank in advance guys.
Udonsushi is offline Find More Posts by Udonsushi
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udonsushi View Post
Hi guys pls help me and maybe not only for me, i think that maybe a lot of pleople are in the same problem like me or maybe im wrong hahaha.... Well the thing is that i would really be very happy if someone could post settings for a very begginer guy like me and would be really great if the setting could be step by step, i had checked lot of settings but for example devo 8s have 7 points of pitch curve and all that i saw are with only 5 values, so pls really need your help guys, thank in advance guys.
Here is the link for mini cp beginner setting, TomZ did a good job.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=21

If you look at the top of micro heli thread, you will see TomZ post settings for advance, interimdeate and beginner for different heli.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Last edited by wlee1017; May 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: type error: did
Old May 12, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Feb 2012
88 Posts
I saw it, but the problem is that devo 8s needs more values to set the pitch curve and others things
Old May 12, 2012, 12:01 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
I saw it, but the problem is that devo 8s needs more values to set the pitch curve and others things
Can't you just fly with the default Walkera settings for the moment. The MiniCP is so table that I could take off and hover in an area 2.5 ft wide with the original settings. If you start messing around with the values, you must make sure that you have a copy of the original settings. Here is a video on how to use the transmitter

My Devention 8 Setup for V120D02S and Mini CP (4 min 28 sec)
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old May 12, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
deleted
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Last edited by wlee1017; May 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: edit for deleted.
Old May 12, 2012, 01:31 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Can't you just fly with the default Walkera settings for the moment.
Not a good idea.

Default settings give you a -15% pitch at 0 throttle. A 4 channel pilot will drop the throttle if a crash is imminent. The heli will slam into the ground at those settings. Erdnuckel2 busted a landing gear on his Solo Pro 100. I put a +20% setting on my pitch curve at 0 throttle.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old May 12, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
Not a good idea.

Default settings give you a -15% pitch at 0 throttle. A 4 channel pilot will drop the throttle if a crash is imminent. The heli will slam into the ground at those settings. Erdnuckel2 busted a landing gear on his Solo Pro 100. I put a +20% setting on my pitch curve at 0 throttle.
This is not what came with the default settings for my Mini CP in Normal Mode. The pitch is more like -3% at 0 throttle and 12% at full throttle.
Old May 12, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
This is not what came with the default settings for my Mini CP in Normal Mode. The pitch is more like -3% at 0 throttle and 12% at full throttle.
You were able to lift off at 12% pitch?
At full throttle, mine was at 50%. I'm keeping that setting for now.
Old May 12, 2012, 01:56 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
You were able to lift off at 12% pitch?
At full throttle, mine was at 50%. I'm keeping that setting for now.
I see what you are talking about. I thought you were talking about the actual pitch but in fact you were talking about the settings. I think -15 is completely reasonable for a beginner. Instead of cutting the throttle when a crash is imminent, you should flick the throttle hold switch. This is something you will have to learn sooner or later, however many crashes it takes.
Old May 12, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
I think -15 is completely reasonable for a beginner. Instead of cutting the throttle when a crash is imminent, you should flick the throttle hold switch. This is something you will have to learn sooner or later, however many crashes it takes.
The beginner doesn't know to flick the throttle hold switch. I still don't know where mine is. I think it is the upper left switch on my Devo 7 labeled HOLD and TRN. I'm flicking switches and the blades keep spinning. I want the blades to stop spinning in an imminent crash, and the answer is buried among plenty of useless information. So the next best thing is to put positive pitch settings at 0 throttle so you don't break anything. The expert user such as yourself can always make changes. The beginner like me just wants to fly the thing.
Old May 12, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
This is something you will have to learn sooner or later, however many crashes it takes.
That is the perfect way to discourage a beginner.
Old May 12, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Feb 2012
88 Posts
Quote:
The beginner doesn't know to flick the throttle hold switch. I still don't know where mine is. I think it is the upper left switch on my Devo 7 labeled HOLD and TRN. I'm flicking switches and the blades keep spinning. I want the blades to stop spinning in an imminent crash, and the answer is buried among plenty of useless information. So the next best thing is to put positive pitch settings at 0 throttle so you don't break anything. The expert user such as yourself can always make changes. The beginner like me just wants to fly the thing.
+100 thats so true im a beginner and i want to fly my heli, im playing with the tx to know it well, but like a beginner i think that all that would be better to try it in fly time, coz in the ground i cant notice nothing and like a beginner cant do that while im flying the thing yet, thats why im asking for very begginers settings step by step in devo 8s, the stock settings of my devo are to fast for me right now and i know that i have to learn crashing my heli, but i was wondering if there is a more soft way or a easier way to learn, thats why i think that if experiment guys like the most here in forum could help and share their settings to novice pilot like me or like others, would be very helpfully, that video i have already watch it, is a alishanmao video with his own settings and he is an expert in this theme so i even try it coz i know that im not in that level yet.
Old May 12, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
im asking for very begginers settings step by step in devo 8s, the stock settings of my devo are to fast for me right now and i know that i have to learn crashing my heli, but i was wondering if there is a more soft way or a easier way to learn, thats why i think that if experiment guys like the most here in forum could help and share their settings to novice pilot like me or like others, would be very helpfully
I have a Devo 7. This is how I program to get the pitch curve at +20% at 0 throttle. If I get into trouble, I just drop the throttle stick and let the heli crash.

Just press any button to get what you want.
When Function is flashing, press enter, scroll down till you see
PTCRV, press enter, you see
SRVHD yes, enter again, you see
Mode NORM, I press Down, you see
EXP On, press Down, you see
Point P-L, press Down, you see
Outpu -15% (or some other value), you can change this value pressing R or L.

I set the value at +20%. Then press Exit repeatedly until nothing else is flashing. I've made no other settings changes. Since I have the Genius CP, I turned on my 6 axis gyro beginner switch in my heli.

From there, I fly as carefully as I can, taking it slow. Walk with your helicopter.
Old May 12, 2012, 08:15 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
The first thing you must do is to activate the throttle hold switch in the Devo menu. It is the upper left switch and you should test whether it works or not. It is much better to learn how to use throttle hold on the Mini CP than on a larger heli.

The reason why I am a worried about adjusting throttle and pitch curves right from the start is that you may make a mistake and make things worse. I would strongly recommend that you save a copy of the original settings as a different model memory.
Old May 12, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
The reason why I am a worried about adjusting throttle and pitch curves right from the start is that you may make a mistake and make things worse.
You're worried about me making a mistake on the throttle & pitch curves, but you're not worried about me making a mistake on activating the throttle hold switch on the Devo menu?
Quote:
I would strongly recommend that you save a copy of the original settings as a different model memory.
My Devo 7 has a copy & paste feature?