HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:27 PM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,187 Posts
Something really strange happened to me tonight with my kk v2 board. Flown a complete pack fpv which was like 15-17 min flight, landed to put another one, plugged it in, put the goggles one then tried to take off, nothing... remove the goggles, look at the quad, wont arm. Unplug the lipo, plug it again, nothing. Looking at the fc, the light of the screen turns on but nothing on the display... WTH ?

Trying to flash it again with no luck. Any way to do a reset on this thing?
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:44 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2010
150 Posts
a quick question, I have my quad tuned in quite nice but i just realized that because of my motor mounts and arms, my quad is not quite square...i do have a slight wobble after an agressive roll/pitch.. I think this is because my roll and pitch PIDs are linked... x config, i would say that my front to rear motor distance is about 2cm shorter than left to right... Since i own only one quad i am unfamiliar with pid changes, should the pitch axis (the shorter set) pid settings be lower or higher than the roll axis PID's.?..basically, are PID values for small quads usually higher or lower than that of bigger quads (assuming same motor thrust values)...
danielnc06 is online now Find More Posts by danielnc06
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoadrian View Post
I have downloaded the latest firmware and I don't even know where to start set up now? Any one have a place where it explaines how to set up a quad or tricopter. I guess I can always reflash to the older software, I was hoping the new program would be better at auto level and flight in general.
I know I'm replying to this post 10 days later, but I had the same issue... I didn't really know where to start when I first installed the KK2 board on my tricopter.

This is what I found out after messing with the KK2 board to get it to work the way it suppose to.

1) Before configuring any of the settings on the KK2 board, load the motor layout you plan to use, e.g. tricopter, per the instruction manual.
2) If the settings have already been configured, reset to factory settings then load the motor layout.
This should at least get you going to test fly the multicopter to make sure it's the correct layout then you can fine tune it when everyting is working the way it's supposed to.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:09 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,652 Posts
Can't get USBasp driver to install on Windows 7 64...have tried every driver from the HobbyKing files tab as well as LazyZero website. When trying to install driver from Device Manager and selecting to browse to downloaded driver it keeps saying the folder doesn't contain a compatible driver...ugh! ...3 hours spent on this now!!! ...thx for any help

What would be awesome if someone could just share the USBasp.inf file for Windows 7 64...pleeeez!
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Last edited by AdamChicago; Sep 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:33 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,565 Posts
You tried this approach already to install the driver?
MultiCopter KKController Blackboard (kkMultiCopter) (2 min 41 sec)
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined Jan 2009
2 Posts
Hobbyking KK 2.0 multi-rotor control board

Can anybody please help me The only way that I can setup the board is with the Rudder lead from receiver to board not plugged in. I have all of the data available on the display. As soon as I plug in the receiver to the board the screen remains litup but blank which of cause then prevents me going amy futher
Jim Whale is offline Find More Posts by Jim Whale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:11 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Whale View Post
Can anybody please help me The only way that I can setup the board is with the Rudder lead from receiver to board not plugged in. I have all of the data available on the display. As soon as I plug in the receiver to the board the screen remains litup but blank which of cause then prevents me going amy futher
It sound a power issue ..

Maybe your RX sucks too much power, and voltage drop below the level needed for keep the CPU of the KK2.0 running.

You should better check with a volt meter what is going on on the power side ... maybe your RX is a bit defective too .. or your BEC is extremely weak.

But ... wait a second ... the RX is power up as soon 1 single channel is connected ... are you saying that you have problem only when some channel from RX to board are connected ?

Maybe you have some reverse connections between RX and KK2.0
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:24 PM
Australia, QLD, Meadowbrook
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Whale View Post

What TX/RX you using? What motor config you using? What ESC, Switching?
Do you have all ESC's plugged in to the board? Need a little more info.

Pete.
jonesy40001 is offline Find More Posts by jonesy40001
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Pid???

Hey Fella's
Is the KK2 a PID controller or just PI ?

Thanks.

Pete.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:58 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy40001 View Post
Hey Fella's
Is the KK2 a PID controller or just PI ?

Thanks.

Pete.
Just PI.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:20 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucisse View Post
Looking at the fc, the light of the screen turns on but nothing on the display... WTH ?

Trying to flash it again with no luck. Any way to do a reset on this thing?
Ive read about that before, if im not mistakin hit #1 button and the display should come to life? I'm not 100% on that but i do remember seeing something about that.

Yes you can do a factory reset...last option on the main page...;0)

What Firmware are you using? 1.0 or 1.2?
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:23 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,432 Posts
Little flight after tuning mine after a factory reset...

Q450 with KK2.0 (5 min 34 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Oct 21, 2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Nice

Nice work Buddy. How you got your camera mounted? I noticet the port boom comming in and out of frame, must be a nice soft mount.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:19 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,432 Posts
Thanks, I use the top "Lid" from the KK foam box it comes in. Then i use rubber bands. The GoPro is stationary and does not move like that, i tried the option in youtube >it says "We have detected your video to be shaky" and it "fixes it" lol
Im not sure i like it though. Just un-did it...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Sep 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
Thanks, I use the top "Lid" from the KK foam box it comes in. Then i use rubber bands. The GoPro is stationary and does not move like that, i tried the option in youtube >it says "We have detected your video to be shaky" and it "fixes it" lol
Im not sure i like it though. Just un-did it...
Maybe thats it. I used the same feature in my first post to Youtube... and trust me, it needed it...lol. I use an FRG plate, rubber mounted underneath and used one of the sticky gopro mounts ( there is a nylon bolt through the mount for insurance) the M3 rubber mounts made such a difference in reducing the vibe waves.

Cheers.