HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hulk likes flying things
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined May 2008
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
No that was not the problem, it had already been checked.

He has found out the problem, due to the limited space and how the ESC's are mounted, what he thought was motor 1 ESC was in fact motor 2.
He therefore had them connected correctly as per manual but believed he had them connected in wrong order to make it fly.
Thank you Del-Dredd for the follow up.
Phalanx-0 is offline Find More Posts by Phalanx-0
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:06 PM
It's a job...
United States, PA, Warrington
Joined May 2012
1,153 Posts
This question has probably been covered before and I'm gonna get it for not lookin around but it's the weekend, I'm off duty and it's past 5 o'clock.....somewhere.

So with this kk2 board, (if I have programmable esc's) do I not even bother with the programming card? or is it still used for certain purposes?

Cheers.
747Pilot is offline Find More Posts by 747Pilot
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 747Pilot; Jul 13, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:44 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747Pilot View Post
This question has probably been covered before and I'm gonna get it for not lookin around but it's the weekend, I'm off duty and it's past 5 o'clock.....somewhere.

So with this kk2 board, (if I have programmable esc's) do I not even bother with the programming card? or is it still used for certain purposes?

Cheers.
You should probably still go through the other settings the programmer has to offer...all the kk does with the esc calibration is throttle i believe...that way you dont have to do each one via the throttle channel on the Rx...
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:50 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
yes you still need to bother with the programming card if your esc's aren't programmed before.
you want to put esc's on a quad always to NI-XX and not LIPO. the low voltage cutoff for lipo makes your quad fall out of the sky, a LVC for NI-XX will toast your lipo before the quad can fall out of the sky..
in other words, you can always land safely with your esc's set to ni-xx. so set them to ni-xx with cutoff voltage low.
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:04 AM
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Oct 2010
958 Posts
I went daft and iv now got 3 Hobby king KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board I find them cheep and I think if you set them up right, well for $18 how needs a 300 naza iv now sold my naza and I am happy with my Hobby king KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board its fun to fly and much more fun then my old naza
rabone is offline Find More Posts by rabone
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:33 PM
computer geek
United Kingdom, England, Chippenham
Joined Dec 2010
379 Posts
yeah, naza is a professional solution for multicopters. the KK2.0 is for the everyday guy who just wants to have fun without going bankrupt lol
CorporalB is offline Find More Posts by CorporalB
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Mar 2012
6 Posts
747Pilot: nice video at #97, for someone who doesn't know what he's doing!
Looks like you have RCExplorer 2.5 Tri. What is your gear: motors, props, ESC, and servo?
Many folks (me included) cannot get our Tri servo to behave; yours is way better than mine which is not yet truly flyable :-(.
My servo (digital) is on 'servo' and 'high' (changed from 'stock') in Mixer Editor stopped wild shuddering; now it just wanders around and will not stay centered...
coronaclub is offline Find More Posts by coronaclub
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:12 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
KK 2.0 Battery Alarm

I love my KK 2.0, especially the LCD & being able to make adjustments were ever & when ever you want.

I have connected the Battery Alarm up which is very useful & very accurate.

Here's a PDF of my Battery Alarm Mod
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:07 PM
It's a job...
United States, PA, Warrington
Joined May 2012
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coronaclub View Post
747Pilot: nice video at #97, for someone who doesn't know what he's doing!
Looks like you have RCExplorer 2.5 Tri. What is your gear: motors, props, ESC, and servo?
Many folks (me included) cannot get our Tri servo to behave; yours is way better than mine which is not yet truly flyable :-(.
My servo (digital) is on 'servo' and 'high' (changed from 'stock') in Mixer Editor stopped wild shuddering; now it just wanders around and will not stay centered...
Sorry if that was misleading. The post was talking about auto level and I stuck that video in there I found at YouTube. I WISH that was me but its not.

I am currently letting my Ladybird violently attack innocent furniture in an effort to wrap my fixed wing brain around these odd contraptions.

Talon V2 and a Kk2 are enroute from Hk to my house at this moment. Look fwd to the learning curve.
747Pilot is offline Find More Posts by 747Pilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:29 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
I love my KK 2.0, especially the LCD & being able to make adjustments were ever & when ever you want.

I have connected the Battery Alarm up which is very useful & very accurate.

Here's a PDF of my Battery Alarm Mod
Solder the ground cable is a waste of time

Ground is common by definition, no need to be connected, even in the rare case you are using a dedicated bec or a rx battery

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:24 AM
32 ft/sec^2 sucks
Joined Nov 2006
168 Posts
I have downloaded the latest firmware and I don't even know where to start set up now? Any one have a place where it explaines how to set up a quad or tricopter. I guess I can always reflash to the older software, I was hoping the new program would be better at auto level and flight in general.
yoadrian is offline Find More Posts by yoadrian
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:32 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoadrian View Post
I have downloaded the latest firmware and I don't even know where to start set up now? Any one have a place where it explaines how to set up a quad or tricopter. I guess I can always reflash to the older software, I was hoping the new program would be better at auto level and flight in general.
Check this video by 'dhdsracer':

Flashing the KK2: How to update your firmware (4 min 51 sec)
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Sep 02, 2012, 02:34 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoadrian View Post
Have you read the manul and looked at the main KK2 thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675613

You cannot flash back to the original firmware (V1.0) by the way as it was locked.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:35 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Jan 2002
146 Posts
kk2 on an airplane problem

I set up a spare receiver and the KK2 on the bench just as a test as I couldn't get it to work on my airplane
I have the KK2 on Airplane 1S aileron
I hooked up my receiver channels 1-4 to the KK2 board input 1-4
I hooked up a receiver battery to the receiver and another battery to M-8
Receiver test shows all 4 channels zeroed out and reacting to transmitter input
KK2 shows ARMED
Servos on M-2 through M-4 will center but will not react to transmitter input

What am I missing?

Thanks

p.s. I'm not able to reflash the firmware at this time.....
dmoran is offline Find More Posts by dmoran
Last edited by dmoran; Sep 06, 2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:57 AM
Foam Snow
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Aug 2011
1,328 Posts
heinduplessis is offline Find More Posts by heinduplessis
Last edited by heinduplessis; Sep 06, 2012 at 12:19 PM.