HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:11 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
If you look at their existing KK boards, the say they pay a small amount to the KK devs for each board sold.
That's what I said, but I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread anymore... I'm not really sure what you're trying to argue about. We are all taking a guess here as to what the board may be. It really doesn't matter, the facts are all in the first post. We'll just have to wait and see exactly what hardware and software it will support once it has been released.
sg1anubis is online now Find More Posts by sg1anubis
Last edited by sg1anubis; Jun 19, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:53 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
Fully agree. KK2 is only a synonym for a simple to setup FC in my opinion.
From the available mixers that you can see in the video, I also guess it is multiwii, with a nice LCD menu added on top.

Christian
I think you could be right Christian a few weeks back one of the HK staff posted a reply on a HK product discussions page that a multiwii board would soon be available so maybe this is the one he was talking about.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:41 AM
Old new guy
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,152 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with an LCD attached screen if it helps more people get into multi's.
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:59 AM
Joined Feb 2011
14 Posts
the link

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._C_N_This.html

rifki_bewe is offline Find More Posts by rifki_bewe
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:03 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
I don't see anything wrong with an LCD attached screen if it helps more people get into multi's.
Could be better if would be detachable ... but the cost in weight and risk for damage is almost nothing

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:25 AM
Joined May 2012
585 Posts
Designed by the Grand father of the KK revolution, Rolf R Bakke, exclusively for HobbyKing, the KK2.0 is the evolution of the first generation KK flight control boards, the KK2.0 was engineered from the ground up to bring multi-rotor flight to everyone, not just the experts. The LCD screen and built in software makes install and setup easier than ever. A host of multi-rotor craft types are pre-installed. simply select your craft type, check motor layout/propeller direction, calibrate your ESCs and radio and your ready to go! all of which is done with easy to follow on screen prompts!
The original KK gyro system has been updated to an incredibly sensitive dual chip 3 Axis Gyro and single chip 3 axis accelerometer system making this the most stable KK board ever and allowing for the addition of an "Auto-level" function. At the heart of the KK2.0 is an Atmel Mega324PA 8-bit AVR RISC-based microcontroller with 32k of memory. An addition 2 motor output channels have been added to the KK2.0 allowing for a total of 8 motors to be controlled (Octocopter). A handy Piezo buzzer is also included with the board for audio warning when activating and deactivating the board.
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:35 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
WOW ... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2875

Already a buddy code ... for 18$ ... is unresistable

I just did order one ;-)

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:12 AM
Just noticed I can change this
Toowoomba QLD, Australia
Joined Nov 2005
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
WOW ... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2875

Already a buddy code ... for 18$ ... is unresistable

I just did order one ;-)

Tchuss

e_lm_70
For under $20 how could you not take a punt? I've ordered as well, even though I'm pretty happy putting around with the original KK board
Okisub is offline Find More Posts by Okisub
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:33 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,183 Posts
Ordered one! Still buzzing 2 quads with kk boards and they still are my favorite quads for pure fpv fun.
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:36 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1anubis View Post
That's what I said, but I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread anymore... I'm not really sure what you're trying to argue about. We are all taking a guess here as to what the board may be. It really doesn't matter, the facts are all in the first post. We'll just have to wait and see exactly what hardware and software it will support once it has been released.
No, we are not taking a guess, it's a KK read the manual yourself.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...30X7478X47.pdf
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:44 AM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
No, we are not taking a guess, it's a KK read the manual yourself.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...30X7478X47.pdf
Lol, that was released hours after I made that post. If you want to make a positive contribution to this thread, stop arguing with people on the forum. This thread is for discussion about the KK2. As I said, the facts in the first post remain to be true and I will update them with the additional info provided from hobbyking.
sg1anubis is online now Find More Posts by sg1anubis
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:40 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1anubis View Post
Lol, that was released hours after I made that post. If you want to make a positive contribution to this thread, stop arguing with people on the forum. This thread is for discussion about the KK2. As I said, the facts in the first post remain to be true and I will update them with the additional info provided from hobbyking.
Hardly call it arguing its called forum chat/discussion
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Feb 2012
778 Posts
Ordered mine. Just need another multi to put it in. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive ARF kit?
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:23 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,234 Posts
Hi,

This KK2 is based on same family ATmega as the old one. But it is a more advanced chip, with for example 2 UART, instead of only 1 like the old "KK" board from HK.

At the first look it is looking like that the 2 UART are again not freely accessible, that what be a petty ...

Anyhow, anybody know a valid open source code for this board ... or is Ralf code what is in this board, since his name is also now stamped in the PCB

Danke

e_lm_70
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:51 AM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
These KK boards are also my favorites for pure flying fun, and are excellent at acro.

Ordered one just for fun, since I really appreciate Rolf's work and love the way his stuff flies.

And you really can't beat the price for what you're getting in this HW.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Last edited by Hasher66; Jun 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM.