SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:48 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,564 Posts
For sure they don't innovate. But I haven't seen this board before. The thing I absolutely do not understand is why adding a LCD on top?
First upside down crash and you need a new one.

Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
HK doesn't do evolution (or revolution) - just look at KK board and the 'new' i86 board (=Eagle clone)
But they made a KK with mega328p! That's innovation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
First upside down crash and you need a new one.
That sounds like a win-win situation for them
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:59 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
But they made a KK with mega328p! That's innovation.
Not innovative at all. Niall from kkmuticopter.com or was it Jussi made a edition of the kk 5.5 with 328 already 1.5 years ago. I think I have two of them in my fc drawer.

Hope it is not a Rabbit clone ;-)

Christian
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:04 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Not with whatever chip they got on there. STM doesn't have anything in TQFP44,
So its either ATXMega, some PIC?? or something.. WEIRD.
Need hirespics.
Infact just checked - NOTHING on digikey for ARM/Cortex in 44-tqfp.
If something exists, it must be really oddball stuff.
The barely visible writing on the chips on the photo sure looks like something that would be on a mega644...
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:07 AM
Joined Apr 2008
356 Posts
have a look here:

HobbyKing Daily - KK2 Board (3 min 18 sec)

"avaiable next couple of days at HK"
GliderLover is offline Find More Posts by GliderLover
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:26 AM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderLover View Post
have a look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB9PAEzwkqo

"avaiable next couple of days at HK"
Looks like you beat me to the link, I'll update the original post too. Looks intersting, I assume the firmware is new, but I'm not familiar with the multiwii LCD interface. It may be worth a buy if the price is right, great for testing new platforms.
sg1anubis is offline Find More Posts by sg1anubis
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:43 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
What makes you think it is running MultiWii? They say it's a KK board not MultiWii.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Last edited by Erknie; Jun 19, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Sep 2011
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
What makes you think it is running MultiWii? They say it's a KK board not MultiWii.
To my knowledge, HK doesn't own any rights to KK, and developing an entirely new software requires much more development work than taking advantage of preexisting and tested control software. KK2 is just a name, it's part of HK's marketing. More often than not suppliers in HK will use open source software to keep the costs down. We've all seen it with the Rabbit stealing from multiwii and the abundance of kk clones and Atmel based flight controllers rolling out from suppliers such as GLB. I am simply questioning the possibility that it may be running MultiWii, being that MultiWii offers an LCD interface. I am not familiar with other controllers that offer an LCD functionality, or even the MultiWii interface for that matter. Perhaps I am just unaware of the advancements made in development of the KK software. I haven't used a KK board in quite a while and that is why I asked...
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:14 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1anubis View Post
I am not familiar with other controllers that offer an LCD functionality, or even the MultiWii interface for that matter.
Oh look - a KK board with LCD functionality (hierarchical menu structure etc)

Quote:
Perhaps I am just unaware of the advancements made in development of the KK software.
no not much happening on KK software front, but XX firmware (runs on KK boards), now that's a different matter...

I agree, strange name to give it (KK2) if it's just running a ported version of MWC
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Sep 2011
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
Oh look - a KK board with LCD functionality (hierarchical menu structure etc)

no not much happening on KK software front, but XX firmware (runs on KK boards), now that's a different matter...

I agree, strange name to give it (KK2) if it's just running a ported version of MWC
Thanks, that's the info I was looking for, but I guess we will just have to see when it comes out. The LCD interface doesn't seem to me to resemble either. Possibly new software, just labeled as KK, unless KK actually helped to develop it.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:13 PM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,564 Posts
Fully agree. KK2 is only a synonym for a simple to setup FC in my opinion.
From the available mixers that you can see in the video, I also guess it is multiwii, with a nice LCD menu added on top.

Christian
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Sep 2011
517 Posts
I updated the first post with frame configurations and menu options.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:55 PM
wbuttry
sikeston mo
Joined Apr 2009
365 Posts
what ever it is it looks kinda intresting to a noob like me might be a heck of a lot easier to setup specially in the field and if it is a muti wii knock off maybe it will bring down the price of the multi wii well competetion is what make leaps in technology and science sounds like sky net is about ready to tale over planet earth....
wbuttry is offline Find More Posts by wbuttry
Last edited by wbuttry; Jun 19, 2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: to be silly
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:33 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
To my knowledge, HK doesn't own any rights to KK, and developing an entirely new software requires much more development work than taking advantage of preexisting and tested control software. KK2 is just a name, it's part of HK's marketing. More often than not suppliers in HK will use open source software to keep the costs down. We've all seen it with the Rabbit stealing from multiwii and the abundance of kk clones and Atmel based flight controllers rolling out from suppliers such as GLB. I am simply questioning the possibility that it may be running MultiWii, being that MultiWii offers an LCD interface. I am not familiar with other controllers that offer an LCD functionality, or even the MultiWii interface for that matter. Perhaps I am just unaware of the advancements made in development of the KK software. I haven't used a KK board in quite a while and that is why I asked...
That is quite speculative! If you look at their existing KK boards, the say they pay a small amount to the KK devs for each board sold.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:08 PM
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Feb 2011
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
That is quite speculative! If you look at their existing KK boards, the say they pay a small amount to the KK devs for each board sold.
This entire thread is speculative and will be until they release the board.
ukarmy04 is online now Find More Posts by ukarmy04