HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BMtech, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 11, 2012, 07:05 PM
Scorpian 60'' 2012
Kurrajong Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,457 Posts
Discussion
painted

some mug holding my plane

thanks guys,

this is a 1 off , I could supply cores & fuse if my arm was twisted

The hinge is kevlar in the lay up , from the outside its 3/4 vale,2oz tight weave glass kevlar hinge 6 oz carbon, 4oz glass & 2oz tight weave glass

the glass is cut out with a triangle file down to the kevlar, the top surface is cut through 3mm in front of the hinge line with a dremal diamond cutting blade by hand along a straight edge, then the top edge is sanded at a slight angle so it goes under the top skin , lots of work !!

still getting the rest of the pics together & a video when I have time

Rick
BMtech is offline Find More Posts by BMtech
Last edited by BMtech; May 14, 2012 at 06:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 08:04 AM
ETS....Energy retention system
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,506 Posts
Very nice rick. Congratulations on your effort.
Well worth all the work. Love the tip and the bottom mate.

Tim
timbuck is online now Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gizmo 36 pics
Old May 12, 2012, 04:50 PM
Keep calm and don't blink
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2005
2,045 Posts
The "mug" is a master craftsman. I have been following your blogs with interest.

Do you take orders? I'll have a blue one and a yellow one - end of the month OK??
KiwiKid is online now Find More Posts by KiwiKid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ModelAero Polaris Ultra
Old May 12, 2012, 08:39 PM
Australia (Newcastle)
Joined Mar 2009
611 Posts
Great job on the build Rick. Getting into faster wings now myself. Love the detail you show of the joiners and ballast tube.

Any links or pointers you could share regarding control surface hinging methods, your control surfaces look great.

Thanks
Rick
cleansurf2 is offline Find More Posts by cleansurf2
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:42 AM
Entropy is happening!
Australia, NSW, Bellingen
Joined Aug 2008
6,931 Posts
Avalanche.

It's looking good Rick. I hope I am around on the day you fly it. I most likely will be, I'll also have my heavy "Circa" ready for action as well. As I have said before, we will need similar conditions etc. We can offer each other moral support!

What are you set up details if you don't mind me asking? Elevator/Aileron deflections etc. And will you mix elevator trim to the throttle stick? I do, and I would not fly a plank without it. Certainly not on the maiden, its saved more than one of mine before.
What's the CG position?

If you have posted these somewhere else already, let me know. Sorry if I have not read them elsewhere, if that is the case.

We just need a good W/SW like earlier years, and they both will rip up the sky in fine style!

Jim.
Jim.Thompson is offline Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Yet another light plank!