Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking50 View Post
“Bridge to Bridge Race”

July 7th and 8th 2012

OK Bob

Back to more enjoyable pursuits.

Any Information or Reports on how the day went... Wasn't that the weekend it got down into the Minus Temps..'

Cheers

John
waboats is offline Find More Posts by waboats
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:12 PM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
G'day John,
As you may be are aware I am still in Brisbane for a few more days; on my return home I'll update info on the B2B.

As for the minus temperatures, we had them before we left home and I see they are still a regular occurance along with loads of snow on the mountains.

All the best,

Bob.
Viking50 is offline Find More Posts by Viking50
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:59 AM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
ARYA EC 12 Owners

Reminder, your comments regarding the Rule proposal are to be sent to the ARYA Technical Officer, Mr. Robert Hales by 03 August. For those requiring an extension of this timeline are requested to contact Mr. Hales asap. halesinst@hotmail.com

In addition, if you know of Skippers that do not have WWW Internet access, please help out by printing relevant notifications and pass them on.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:20 AM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
Bridge to Bridge – Event

I had the opportunity to speak with one of the competitors today regarding the B2B competition.

The event is normally held during March/April each year when the weather is much warmer however, due to a number of factors outside the control of the local club, mid winter was the only available date.

Fortunately, the weather turned on an unusual warm day for competitors. The race started in light air and strengthened for the return leg home.

While numbers were down in comparison to past events, spirits were high with everyone enjoying a relaxing 4K stroll along the lakeside.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the placing but from what I was told, placing’s ran a clear second to the spirit of the event and the camaraderie shared by all.

This is the type of event that should be placed in your calendar for next year to attend and enjoy the spirit of good sailing among good company. No sheep stations - just good fun!

Thanks to Lyndon for sharing the information. Sorry no pictures – maybe next time!
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:03 PM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
NSWRYA - EC12 NSW State Title

Gents,
The NSWRYA has advised the running of their State EC12 Class title will be conducted at the Kogarah Bay Radio Yacht Club on Saturday 1st of September 2012.

NOR will be posted shortly vide: http://www.rcyachts.net/nsw/index.html

Kogarah Bay RYC is a great venue catering for all your needs and sports one of the best views of the bay area. If you aren't able to compete, come along and enjoy good sailing, good company at a great location.

Additional details, contact ARYA EC12 NCC Colin Durran vide: eastcoast12@live.com.au
Last edited by Viking50; Aug 06, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Bridge to Bridge – Event

I had the opportunity to speak with one of the competitors today regarding the B2B competition.

The event is normally held during March/April each year when the weather is much warmer however, due to a number of factors outside the control of the local club, mid winter was the only available date.

Bob

Thanks for the update. So you are back in the Capital, then ?

Obviously the Bridge to Bridge is a Multi Class & Fleet with a leisurely walk along the shore of Lake Burley Griffin

Are there any Handicaps in place for different size & classes of boats.

Cheers

John
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:43 PM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
Good question John,

The race is open to all classes and run under a handicap system designed to give slower boats an equal opportunity (I don't think there would be a handicap big enough for your MM John). This is one of very few races in Australia where all classes participate together. More importantly, the race provides an excellent opportunity for skippers to forge or renew friendships while maintaining focus and priority on camaraderie in the true spirit of the sport, (a factor lost in today's competitive mainstream).

Here's a tip; Like most lakes, Burley Griffin is plagued with weeds problems that are addressed by an annual weed cutting program conducted late February. Due to the lasting effects of the drought, if there hasn't been sufficient rain to flush the lake, boats with long keels pick up the cut weed thus providing the EC12 with a distinct advantage. Even with weed the new ten rater rocket ships are very hard to beat,,,,,, they may have to adjust the handicap system!

Additionally, light breeze conditions make for a nice stroll along the lake edge however, when the wind strengthens bring your running shoes and be prepared to gallop the four plus kilometers.

It's a great weekend and a good opportunity to bring the wife along to visit the numerous attractions in the ACT.
Last edited by Viking50; Aug 11, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
QRYA - EC12 Class Championships 2012

Due to one of the six entrants forced to withdraw from attending, the competition was subsequently cancelled. Efforts are now focused on indentifying a suitable alternate date.

Keep watch on both the QRYA and ARYA website's for further information.

Bunaberg is a beautiful location and well worth the visit.
Last edited by Viking50; Aug 11, 2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
Bob

Thanks for the Updated Info. Sorry to hear numbers in Qld have been dowm. Have they switched to the New IE12 instead of the EC12 for competitions. Hope it's not a reflection of where things are heading especially with Morgan Black on the horizon.

Lake Burley Griffin was an interesting place to sail with an MM.. The Limestone retaining walls sure do make for a washing machine when the wind is in the wrong place.

At times you can hear them say.. "I think We Need a Bigger Boat"
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:34 AM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
John,
Until the IE12 mould is presented to the ARYA Technical Officer for inspection and approval the Hulls are ineligible to compete in ARYA events.

However, and I stress, this is my understanding of the current situation and for the good of the class as a whole, the ARYA need to provide clarification.

Perhaps we could enlist assistance from the ARYA EC12 NCC to discuss this issue with the ARYA executive and advise accordingly.

Regardless of outcome, the ARYA determination needs to be publicized for the benefit of all interested parties.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:36 AM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
In addition to my previous post;

ARYA EC12 Rules, state the following:

1. GENERAL

(a) The intention of the Class Rules is to provide a one design specification for moulding of identical hulls from A.R.Y.A. Inc. approved moulds, while at the same time allowing all registered hulls and hulls that could have been registered (had they been presented for checking by a recognised measurer) to maintain their eligibility to compete as an EC12.

(d) Anything not specifically permitted in these rules shall be referred, via the National Class Co-ordinator, to the A.R.Y.A. Inc Technical Officer for a ruling.
When considering anything in connection with the yacht that is not established practice within the Class or is not clearly covered by the Class rules, you should not use any such departure in a recognised competition.

Should anyone require further information or have questions relating to this policy, contact the ARYA EC12 NCC Colin Durran - eastcoast12@live.com.au
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
Bob

Thanks for the info on the current EC12 Policy in AUSTRALIA...

That is how it is & how it was in US & NZ in the past.. Each country had its' own approved moulds (Plural)..

It remains to be questioned why the IE12 has not been measured as yet . My understanding is this is being denied by the President of AEC12OA until "HE" Gains control of the Class in Australia. Almost holding the Boat & Skippers to ransom.

But there can be no excuses of a Hull not available for measure.. At least one has been flopped ..

Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:25 AM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
As discussed in previous posts, the ARYA control the EC12 Class in Australia, that is now well documented and published. The circumstances surrounding the OA submission have ended; anyone wishing to obtain copies of related correspondence are advised to seek assistance from your State or Territory council. Now is the time for everyone to abide by the ARYA policies and processes or take up another class, sport or hobby!

With regard to the OA mould saga, this not a major issue and can be resolved if the OA are genuinely interested in the development of the class. The ARYA have a process vide the Technical Officer that's not rocket science. Similarly, should issued be identified during that process that may preclude acceptance,,,,,, then follow a reasonable course of action to resolve the issue/s,,,, the ARYA TO's primary objective (in my opinion) is to provide guidence and aid each class with their respective endeavors to secure a future,,,,, nothing sinister,,,,, just get on and resolve issues that may impede future development!!!! It may take a little longer but it can be achieved in the fullness of time!

For my part, one primary reasons I resigned from the OA was the persistence to discriminate against those who elected not to join the OA (gun to the head attitude); to clarify, anyone outside the OA framework (and there are significant numbers) cannot purchase a hull from the US mould! You either join and retain your membership until you depart from this planet, or you procure a registered hull from NZ or the USA.

While the negativity remains fueled and remains ongoing, nothing will be achieved and we'll be faced with the US and THEM syndrome,,,,, seriously kids,,,, get over it or get out of it, or help develop an amicable plan for the future of the class and ALL owners,,,,if your not interested, go away!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:41 PM
Bob
Joined Aug 2010
232 Posts
NSW EC12 State Championship

Saturday 1st September 2012

The NOR has been issued vide: http://www.rcyachts.net/nsw/index.html

Everyone is encouraged to attend either as a competitor or spectator and enjoy the Class, the sailing, the camaraderie and a great day in the sun by the waterside.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:13 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2007
1,497 Posts
Quote:
NSW EC12 State Championship

Saturday 1st September 2012

The NOR has been issued vide: http://www.rcyachts.net/nsw/index.html

Everyone is encouraged to attend either as a competitor or spectator and enjoy the Class, the sailing, the camaraderie and a great day in the sun by the waterside.

Bob

A link to the NOR

http://www.rcyachts.net/nsw/NOR12/20...ate Titles.pdf
Closed Thread