HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2012, 11:13 AM
Fly for God, not for the World
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2011
140 Posts
Question
What are your thoughts about TechOne?

Their service, there quality, and most of all how well their planes fly?

Thanks,

Not Free
Not Free is offline Find More Posts by Not Free
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2012, 05:24 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,953 Posts
I don't own any myself, but a friend of mine has the Sukhoi profile EPP plane and I have flown it a number of times. As far as flight characteristics it flies very very nice, does any 3D type flying with no serious problems. Quality wise they are very well built, the only problem with the included equipment was the servo's are junk it needs metal gear servo's, but the included motor and esc are very nice. All in all a good buy for the money.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old May 17, 2012, 07:16 AM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,598 Posts
I got the Techone Rainbow and absoultely HATED IT!!!!!!!
Do yourself a favor and go 3DHS. I got their Slick 38" EPP and its AWESOME!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old May 17, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, PA, Catawissa
Joined Jul 2011
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I got the Techone Rainbow and absoultely HATED IT!!!!!!!
Do yourself a favor and go 3DHS. I got their Slick 38" EPP and its AWESOME!
Alex,
FWIW, I used to work for epphobby and remember him giving away his Rainbow to you. I'm pretty sure that he would not recommend that plane had you have the money to buy one. Compared to Su31 and tempo 3d, its like day and night! To be fair, techone had to start from zero like others and their planes are getting better in term of build and flying quality. I recall him telling me that you didnt have suggested electronics and didn't have suitable battery for it. As we all know, weight is everything when it comes down to 3D flying. Good luck!
rc4u is offline Find More Posts by rc4u
Last edited by rc4u; May 17, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old May 17, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Jul 2011
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
I don't own any myself, but a friend of mine has the Sukhoi profile EPP plane and I have flown it a number of times. As far as flight characteristics it flies very very nice, does any 3D type flying with no serious problems. Quality wise they are very well built, the only problem with the included equipment was the servo's are junk it needs metal gear servo's, but the included motor and esc are very nice. All in all a good buy for the money.
Latest batch at epphobby.com, all come with metal gear servo
Last edited by rc4u; May 17, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old May 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4u View Post
Alex,
FWIW, I used to work for epphobby and remember him giving away his Rainbow to you. I'm pretty sure that he would not recommend that plane had you have enough money to buy one. Compared to Su31 and tempo 3d, its like day and night! To be fair, techone had to start from zero like others and their planes are getting better in term of build and flying quality. I recall him telling me that you didnt have suggested electronics and didn't have suitable battery for it. As we all know, weight is everything when it comes down to 3D flying. Good luck!
I got a 1000mah 30-40C He said that would be ideal. Well whatever...
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old May 17, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Jul 2011
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I got a 1000mah 30-40C He said that would be ideal. Well whatever...
I had 600-800 mAh 3s for my techone angle which is similar to rainbow. MHO, 1000mAh is a bit too heavy for such plane.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:28 PM
John0
United States, WI, Marinette
Joined Feb 2012
17 Posts
I like tech one's because you can sit on them and not do much damage. CA to whip them together. The only thing I didnt like about mine was the servos; they were not the metal gear, and were just mediocre. but hey they are cheap planes and servos are easy to get from hobby king or ebay. the motor(1200kv) and esc with 9x5 prop gets you outta trouble real quick. great vertical performance! I picked one up off rcgroups a while back and still flying the "huck" outta it. landing gear bends after a while but squeeze or bend and its fine. Haven't had a hard crash with it yet but a tree branch caught it about 60ft up. used a bag, baseball, and nylon rope and reefed it out; tough friggin tree! only thing that happened was a burn line from the rope on a miss throw. on 40 flights and added CA to the pre-existing battery tray. Dont know about service
extra 330 epp 36.2"
I want more! a yak 54 to be exact
yakloven is offline Find More Posts by yakloven
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:53 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,180 Posts
I got a Pulama in a trade a while ago, impressed by how she flies and the quality of the material as well as the motor/ESC combo. Then I bought a 1100mm Yak 54 kit, which is GREAT! Easy build and tough as nails. The recommended CG is way too nose heavy thought. I have a 71g 400W motor, 60A ESC and 3S 1600 in front but still need to add 2 oz of lead to achieve the recommended CG, but after the first flight I removed all the lead and still felt nose heavy. I am considering replace the 60A ESC for a 40A one to move the CG further back. Later I bought a FunFly PnP from rc4u to teach my friend's son flying. I am really amazed by the quality of that little plane, especially the motor. I modified her into a 4ch one and she flew great as a trainer. Unfortunately, a strong wind gust took her away on Memorial weekend and we have not found her yet.. You can't break them but sure you can lose them.
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:28 AM
The Best or Nothing
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2008
221 Posts
I read servo issues. I'm in the process of building the Extra 330 profile. Would Futaba S3114 servos work no problem? The specs are better than the stock servos. I'm running a HS65 on the elevator. But all others have the included servos. I guess there's only one way to find out...
RustyT3FT is online now Find More Posts by RustyT3FT
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,180 Posts
RustyT3FT: I use cheap MG servos from Leaderhobby all around on my Yak. can't be happier. How do you like the Extra? I am really tempted to get the Extra pnp for $89 because I think the motor and ESC should be decent. The Yak 54 makes my trunk very crowded with two other planes. I am thinking of getting a smaller one so I can go to the field with as many planes as I can.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:21 PM
The Best or Nothing
Joined Feb 2008
221 Posts
Ok cool. I couldn't tell ya, I haven't finished putting it together yet. I'm running internal LEDs and I just finished up soldering the custom servo extensions last night. I should be finished with it tonight after I go pick up a 51 Slick in Ohio

That's why I bought it, small, durable, & air foiled wing. The Extra will be my park/night flyer...
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,180 Posts
You finally found your Slick!! I saw you ad, if I lived closer I would take all your planes that are for sale!

Running internal LEDs !? Wondering how it looks like. Please share a pic or video for your Extra, and of course the 51 Slick!
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:33 PM
Fly for God, not for the World
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2011
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyT3FT View Post
I read servo issues. I'm in the process of building the Extra 330 profile. Would Futaba S3114 servos work no problem? The specs are better than the stock servos. I'm running a HS65 on the elevator. But all others have the included servos. I guess there's only one way to find out...
I have heard many GREAT things about Futaba's servos!! (Though I have not used them my self) (I use Hs-55 and some other "unknown", yet very good, servos)

Not Free is offline Find More Posts by Not Free
Old Jun 05, 2012, 02:23 PM
The Best or Nothing
Joined Feb 2008
221 Posts
Haha and thank you! I found one I couldn't pass up.
http://instagr.am/p/LgPMJYgSPG/