Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:58 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
A skinny jfett? I don't know if can handle that
Skinny?! Don't get your hopes up, I had 100 to spare and still leave plenty of meat on the bones!

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:05 AM
Team Cobra!
USA, VA, Yorktown
Joined Feb 2005
2,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Skinny?! Don't get your hopes up, I had 100 to spare and still leave plenty of meat on the bones!

Jack
Hey 100 is 100! I bet you feel a lot better! I know I do after losing 40
FiremanBill is offline Find More Posts by FiremanBill
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:32 AM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanBill View Post
Hey 100 is 100! I bet you feel a lot better! I know I do after losing 40
Oh heck yeah! I did this a year ago, I feel 1,000 times better since losing it ;-)

Jack
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:13 PM
Unemployed mattress tester
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined May 2011
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
No Paintball this year guys. I'm really going to miss it.
Does that mean no sanctioned paintball (as in we can do it on our own) or no paintaball as in Mac doesn't want it on the property.

I'd be happy to supply a plane that will take the hits if everyone wants to bring their own guns/ammo for a non-sanctioned event if that works.
(all my planes look like impact targets anyway)
Qwin is offline Find More Posts by Qwin
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:31 PM
Team Cobra!
USA, VA, Yorktown
Joined Feb 2005
2,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
Does that mean no sanctioned paintball (as in we can do it on our own) or no paintaball as in Mac doesn't want it on the property.

I'd be happy to supply a plane that will take the hits if everyone wants to bring their own guns/ammo for a non-sanctioned event if that works.
Good question... I belt that field turned orange, or green, or whatever color we were using last year!
FiremanBill is offline Find More Posts by FiremanBill
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:26 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwin View Post

Its a lot of work and it just about breaks even. A influx of townspeople would really help it a lot. We had some fireman come out last year but they just watched.

Mac is totally cool with it.
We had no safety problems.
We had a program in place last year where people could use their planes but only 2 showed up I think.
(Electrich was awesome BTW with his F-16! )
pecanpatch is offline Find More Posts by pecanpatch
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:47 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,517 Posts
Any decision on field layout yet? I went to the new SEFF web page hoping to find it but nothing yet regarding layout. I still think there is a limit to what you can accomodate, it's better to make those that attend expecting what it's been over the years, happy versus trying to factor in every kind of flying (just my 2 cents)...

Jack
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:09 PM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Any decision on field layout yet? I went to the new SEFF web page hoping to find it but nothing yet regarding layout. I still think there is a limit to what you can accomodate, it's better to make those that attend expecting what it's been over the years, happy versus trying to factor in every kind of flying (just my 2 cents)...

Jack
What do you think needs to be limited (or eliminated)?
KFC is offline Find More Posts by KFC
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:16 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
What do you think needs to be limited (or eliminated)?
I think the pond and trying to have float flying full time killed the layout and "feel" of the event. I was in favor of times for float flying (if at all) but I think it has to go back to what it was or risk losing attendence. Sometimes if you mess with a successsul recipe too much, you ruin the taste. I don't think having anyone flying perpendicular to the flight line (and not feeling part of the event) is good...

Jack
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:33 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,739 Posts
I missed the last planning meeting due to a scheduling conflict. So one of the other members would have to comment.

The one thing I do know is the 3D line is going back to the west end of the venue.

My opinion, I love float flying. I have 2 float planes and a boat sitting on ready.
pecanpatch is offline Find More Posts by pecanpatch
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:34 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,742 Posts
3d being on the outside flight line was a growing pain, part of the process while the rest of the grass grew in. it is my understanding it is back to one big line this year.

The float flying does not interfere with anything from what I observed. Were there midairs between float flyers and other flight lines? I dont see how it was bothersome at all. I certainly have not heard one person say they are not coming back because of the float flying.... as your post suggests. Instead, I feel more and more people are excited to try it.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:37 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
I missed the last planning meeting due to a scheduling conflict. So one of the other members would have to comment.

The one thing I do know is the 3D line is going back to the west end of the venue.

My opinion, I love float flying. I have 2 float planes and a boat sitting on ready.
And I wouldn't want to stop you from enjoying float flying! ...just have to do it in a way where no one feels like an after thought, on either side IMO. I think the desire to accomodate all is great but this property doesn't have the size of Triple Tree so anything you do, likely displaces anther group. Also, the "feel" of an event is half the event IMO, SEFF has a feel I'd hate to see lost by over cooking the meatloaf (to extend on my use of ruining a good recipe analogy) ;-)

Jack
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:39 PM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
Joined May 2007
2,651 Posts
Oh, I think the lake was a big draw for people last year and I think having the pilot stations on the far side of the lake makes it easier to fit it into the mix. It certainly got used a lot between boats and planes, and that was before it was completely filled. What really sucked about last year was that a big chunk of the field was out of order, which meant that everything had to be moved around. I think if the SEFF staff were to assign the section that used to be the sport line as the 3d area (since the 3d guys don't normally fly a big circuit anyway), there would be plenty of air (and ground) space for everybody, but that's just my opinion.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:40 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
3d being on the outside flight line was a growing pain, part of the process while the rest of the grass grew in. it is my understanding it is back to one big line this year.

The float flying does not interfere with anything from what I observed. Were there midairs between float flyers and other flight lines? I dont see how it was bothersome at all. I certainly have not heard one person say they are not coming back because of the float flying.... as your post suggests. Instead, I feel more and more people are excited to try it.
Not exactly. The feeling the 3D guys had last year, of not being part of the event or in the middle of the action, you don't see that being an issue if you displace the sport flyers to that same area? The feeling of the event is the event, careful the desire to accomodate all doesn't alientate some, all I'm saying and given the number of comments last year, it's a sensitive topic...

Jack
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:43 PM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
Joined May 2007
2,651 Posts
The 3D guys were displaced because a huge part of the field was being reseeded, not because of the lake.