HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2012, 03:22 PM
Question gravity.
Kane County, Il
Joined Sep 2000
1,585 Posts
Discussion
Nav light system causing massive interference...

Is there anything I can do? With the transmitter (72mhz Optic6) RIGHT next to the plane, the Turnigy LED nav-light system still makes the servos go all batty.

Would one of them newfangled cheap Turnigy 2.4ghz systems eliminate this problem? Might be the excuse I need to upgrade...
KMKAZE is offline Find More Posts by KMKAZE
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 03:40 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMKAZE View Post
Is there anything I can do? With the transmitter (72mhz Optic6) RIGHT next to the plane, the Turnigy LED nav-light system still makes the servos go all batty.

Would one of them newfangled cheap Turnigy 2.4ghz systems eliminate this problem? Might be the excuse I need to upgrade...
They are not exactly newfangled, but 2.4 radios are very much more resistant to electrical noise than FM systems. Go for it!
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old May 10, 2012, 08:14 PM
Question gravity.
Kane County, Il
Joined Sep 2000
1,585 Posts
I wonder if a ferrite core would fix this?
KMKAZE is offline Find More Posts by KMKAZE
Old May 10, 2012, 10:32 PM
Electric Flyer
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2003
437 Posts
I haven't seen the nav system your talking about but I do have the one from LiGlow systems that has both navs and strobes and it operates fine on my hitec 72mhz system.

If your nav system has led strobes running off a PIC programmed chip you need to make sure the strobe wiring is twisted with at least 10 turns per inch. This is more important in the power leads coming from the nav board but I twist them all.

I also connect the the nav board power lead directly to the ESC hot wires instead of the battery.

Hope that helps

Dick
rms59 is offline Find More Posts by rms59