HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2012, 11:16 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Discussion
Mitt Romney a bully?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...KFU_story.html

"A few days later, Friedemann entered Stevens Hall off the school’s collegiate quad to find Romney marching out of his own room ahead of a prep school posse shouting about their plan to cut Lauber’s hair. Friedemann followed them to a nearby room where they came upon Lauber, tackled him and pinned him to the ground. As Lauber, his eyes filling with tears, screamed for help, Romney repeatedly clipped his hair with a pair of scissors."
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old May 10, 2012, 11:57 AM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,593 Posts
Good thing that happened in 1965 and not today. He'd have been hauled away in cuffs.

Sheesh, this wussification of America has to stop.... let teenage boys be teenage boys.

Battery resulting in physical injury is where the line should be drawn..... hazing a fellow student for not conforming to what most of the group does.... no big deal..... certainly it wasn't in 1965.....
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old May 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
I agree - boys will be boys (and so will a few grown men...)!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old May 10, 2012, 01:59 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,593 Posts
I better have my eyes checked..... it looks like ET agreed with me on something!
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old May 10, 2012, 02:02 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...KFU_story.html

"A few days later, Friedemann entered Stevens Hall off the school’s collegiate quad to find Romney marching out of his own room ahead of a prep school posse shouting about their plan to cut Lauber’s hair. Friedemann followed them to a nearby room where they came upon Lauber, tackled him and pinned him to the ground. As Lauber, his eyes filling with tears, screamed for help, Romney repeatedly clipped his hair with a pair of scissors."
lollollol
Heliman420 is offline Find More Posts by Heliman420
Old May 10, 2012, 02:27 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
Trillions in debt and climbing and this is what the Washington Compost considers news?
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old May 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,796 Posts
I wasn't going to let them cut my hair as a freshman.....that is until 4 good friends told me I was going to get it cut......it grew out over the next few months and I returned the favor to a friend the next year.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old May 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
There's a funny story about Patrick Stewart getting his hair cut by friends who were tired of his comb over.
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old May 10, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
718 Posts
This whole story is pretty amusing.

4 year olds acting like kids... go figure.

Hey as long as were looking into the candidates past escapades how about a little on Obamas colledge days?
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old May 10, 2012, 03:50 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
852 Posts
I remember as a youngster my hair was longer than most kids, my parents didn't seem to mind even though my dad was quite conservative. My mom took me and my brother to the local barber shop for a trim and when the barber was finished he told my mom not to bring us back. Oddly enough I was friends with one of his sons (Jimmy) and much later in life I found out that Jimmy was gay and had died of aids. I don't know if his dad was alive then, to find out his son was gay.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old May 10, 2012, 03:58 PM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B View Post
I remember as a youngster my hair was longer than most kids, my parents didn't seem to mind even though my dad was quite conservative. My mom took me and my brother to the local barber shop for a trim and when the barber was finished he told my mom not to bring us back. Oddly enough I was friends with one of his sons (Jimmy) and much later in life I found out that Jimmy was gay and had died of aids. I don't know if his dad was alive then, to find out his son was gay.
why didn't he want you back ?
radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2
Old May 10, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Aug 2011
718 Posts
The long hair thing.

I remember that being a big thing while I was in elem. school. The 'cool' kids had long hair and boots with pointy toes on them (believe it or not).

My parents refused to allow me to participate in either. I was incensed. Of course now it all seems so ridiculous. But at the time I so wanted to be one of the 'cool' kids.

Ended up a Geek .... LOL
Old May 10, 2012, 04:24 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
And then there's "the rest of the story":

Quote:
A question emerges in reading the Washington Post piece on Mitt Romney today: How can Romney’s old pal Stu White tell the Washington Post that he has “long been bothered by the Lauber incident” — and then later admit to ABC News that he was “not present for the prank” and “was not aware of it until this year when he was contacted by the Washington Post”?

This is curious.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/10/cr...pranks-emerge/
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old May 10, 2012, 04:25 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,796 Posts
I am curious how they learned to lie like that?
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old May 10, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Aug 2011
718 Posts
Well its obvious he has been long bothered by it all of this year.

Wow what a circus.