SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by 4075aaron, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 10, 2012, 09:30 AM
United States, MD, Frostburg
Joined Aug 2008
1,440 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Sold
Great Planes 40-Sized Cub PNP Local Pick-up $75

Need to get rid of some planes that I am not flying to drum up funds to pay for a car repair and make space for new planes that I am finishing up. Check out my other sales if you have time!

This Cub has never been flown; I built it several years ago and I have been carrying it around with us every time we move. Details from the manufacturer can be found here (http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma0160.html). This is the 40-sized, built by me from the kit. It has some hangar rash but is in pretty good shape considering how many times we have moved! It has Spektrum servos except the aileron servo, which is a larger Futaba servo (I forget which type, but I put a larger one in there as the aileronís need more torque). The engine is an old Magnum, never been ran. This is what will need to be done to finish the plane:

Finish gluing the windshield on (only glued on at the top). It curled when I painted it, so you may need to use a clamp to get it glued on smoothly.

Decide how you want to mount the engine; I wanted to mount it inverted but that would have required a custom muffler, which I never ordered. You can also install the engine on its side. The cowl has not been cut (little holes on the sides can be covered with the dummy engines if you go with the inverted version) so you can do whatever you want.

Drill a hole in the cockpit for the aileron servo lead.

Install you Rx, battery, and radio switch.

Put in a different propeller; the one I have on there is not the right size and only for appearances.

Fix the hanger rash if you want, but there is nothing here which would prevent you from flying. I can include any left over monokote that I might have. Struts are included but not in the pictures.

Sorry for the poor pictures, they were taken with my cell phone. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Asking price is $75 firm; LOCAL PICKUP ONLY!!!! I will not ship this plane! I would be willing to drive around 50-60 miles (say to Hagerstown or Morgantown and any radius like that) to meet you. If you need me to drive out to meet you, I will need 25 cents per mile to drive unless you buy more than one plane (which would make it more worth my time). No delivery charge for purchases of more than one plane.
4075aaron is offline Find More Posts by 4075aaron
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 10:02 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,563 Posts
Trader Rating: 311
pm sent
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E
Old May 10, 2012, 12:18 PM
Team PAS
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Mar 2011
457 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
PM Sent.
purcilas is online now Find More Posts by purcilas
Old May 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
United States, MD, Frostburg
Joined Aug 2008
1,440 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Dr. E was first to express interest and the ability to come out here to pick it up. Assuming all goes well, it is sold!
4075aaron is offline Find More Posts by 4075aaron
Closed Thread