SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 10, 2012, 09:30 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
Discussion
Rack for Pick Up truck, Storage Ideas.

Hi guys. Im looking into build a rack for my Pick Up bed i want some suggestions or photos of wath you have. I have a toneu cover in the bed so i preffer something without take out the cover in case of a rain during transport.

For planes. mostly foamys, planes and wing.
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Last edited by DaxFX; May 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 10:41 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,600 Posts
I made a sliding "shelf" out of 1/2" ply for the back of my truck, that fit between the wheel wells. I screwed eye hooks into the ply, and used bicycle bungies to hold the planes down, and keep them from sliding around. A 4" x 2" slot in the aft middle of the board formed a hand hold for pulling it out.

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old May 10, 2012, 10:56 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,701 Posts
im using something similar right now but instead a plywood im using a big grill the leng of the bed i can put some of my parkflyers and tie the landig to the grill but i have few of my planes that can not be transported with the wing mount on fuselage.

i want to do something with PVC tubbing to hold fuselage and wing separated.

thanks for your suggestion.
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX