No 16 57.14%
Yes. But I wouldn't feel comfortable asking LHS to pay for gas 9 32.14%
Yes. And I would ask my LHS to pay for my gase 3 10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:36 AM
Lorton, Va
Joined May 2004
390 Posts
So, I have purchased many items from Hobbyking, and up until now, I have had no issues with them. However, when I pay for something, I expect it to be in proper working conditions and to do what the vendor states it will. HK's return shipping policy might not be a surprise to many of you, but it was for me. So, long story short, I purchased 2 5800 4S 30c Lipo's from the USA warehouse (have purchased 3 prior, and many other batteries as well with zero problems). I received it and the 3rd cell would never charge above 4.01, cells 1,2 and 4 would go to 4.20 as should be. So, contacted them, got a RMA for the USA warehouse and sent it back. So, yesterday I hadn't heard from the, so I inquired through the live chat, and they found who signed for it, and posted comments to my account. This morning, i checked it and they credited my account with $54.32 HK credits, which is the price of the battery (of course they are on back order). What I desired was to have a new one shipped to me, which is what I was told by the first person I chatted with is what they would do. Anyway, not only did I pay for shipping from HK to my address, but I also paid for shipping back to their warehouse as well, ON A FAULTY PRODUCT, THROUG NO FAULT OF MY OWN. So, below is how my conversation went today with them:

Kathy: Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?

You: I recently returned a battery to you because it was defective. I was expecting a replacement shipped to me. Instead, I see that you credited my account the cost of the battery, but what about my shipping? I not only paid for it to be shipped to me, but shipped back to you as well. I would like a new battery shipped to me. That is the least your company can do. 2004781041 Z58004S-30 ZIPPY Flightmax 5800mAh 4S1P 30C (USA Warehouse) I would at the very least expect to be credited for my shipping as well, which was around $25.00

You: Order Number 2004781041

Kathy: ok 1 moment

Kathy: Credited 54.32 bonus points.

You: Right, but that only covers the cost of the battery, what about the money I spend on shipping?

You: It wasn't my fault the battery was defective.

Kathy: sorry shipping will not be refunded

You: OK, that is fine, but what about crediting me some more for the cost of shipping? Are you kidding me? Your item was defective, so I am being punished for it?

Kathy: according to warranty policy shipping is not included sir

You: I have purchased a lot of stuff from you and have heard rumors up to now about shipping nightmares and such, but I have never experienced it up until now.

Kathy: sorry but shipping is not included in warranty claim

You: I guess when you get so big, you don't have to play by the rules any longer. Quit saying you are sorry, You ripped me off with a faulty product and basically robbed me.

Kathy: anything else i could do for you?

You: Yes, refund my money that I spent on shipping for YOUR FAULTY PRODUCT.

Kathy: anything else sir?

You: I will be posting this exact conversation on every forum I belong to. Good day to you and thanks for treating a valued customer so poorly.

Actually, I kind of find it funny now that she/he/it just politely blew me off. Freak'n sweet. Ha, ha, I guess. Swell.
sjgusmc21 is offline Find More Posts by sjgusmc21
to remove ads between posts