Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 29, 2012, 11:16 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
The question as written in the poll is biased toward the people hawking goods. I have no sympathy. Yes, they should pay for my gas, too. And my wasted time. And go find another line of work.

There are those that don't feel vendors have to pay for return shipping and there are those that do feel vendors should pay for return shipping....so Yes, the poll is to find out from those that feel vendors should pay for return shipping, and whether that same group would ask for gas from their LHS.

Anyhow, I respect your position. Next time when you get a defective item from you LHS, Pls demand gas, and have your receipt show the return of gas and scan it and upload it to this thread- that's all I ask to validate your position.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
There are those that don't feel vendors have to pay for return shipping and there are those that do feel vendors should pay for return shipping....so Yes, the poll is to find out from those that feel vendors should pay for return shipping, and whether that same group would ask for gas from their LHS.

Anyhow, I respect your position. Next time when you get a defective item from you LHS, Pls demand gas, and have your receipt show the return of gas and scan it and upload it to this thread- that's all I ask to validate your position.
I recently purchased a Lipo for my DX8. As I was in my car, I opened it up, and it was puffed. I brought it back in immediately. Most local hobby shops won't accept even DOA returns, but this one did--though I am not sure they would for everybody.

They get my repeat business.

Other hobby stores do not.

As for me scanning my receipt to get your true respect, why don't you take photos of your customers who are happy when you sell defective goods and upload it instead.

Amazon gets my business because they have a no hassle return shipping covered policy. Online hobby stores that provide high quality no hassle quality controlled parts get my repeat business. Local hobby shops that hide behind manufacturer's warranty do not. If I have to return it, the shipping and gas costs are less valuable than my time.

Respect my time, and I'll do business with you.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old May 29, 2012, 01:37 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I recently purchased a Lipo for my DX8. As I was in my car, I opened it up, and it was puffed. I brought it back in immediately. Most local hobby shops won't accept even DOA returns, but this one did--though I am not sure they would for everybody.

They get my repeat business.

Other hobby stores do not.

As for me scanning my receipt to get your true respect, why don't you take photos of your customers who are happy when you sell defective goods and upload it instead.

Amazon gets my business because they have a no hassle return shipping covered policy. Online hobby stores that provide high quality no hassle quality controlled parts get my repeat business. Local hobby shops that hide behind manufacturer's warranty do not. If I have to return it, the shipping and gas costs are less valuable than my time.

Respect my time, and I'll do business with you.
I get it, and I respect what you are saying.

For this poll, I'm simply asking for shipping (online vendors)/gas (LHS)

But even you say "Most local hobby shops won't accept even DOA returns, but this one did--though I am not sure they would for everybody"

if you truly believe what you said above, do you really think any LHS would pay for your gas?...and if that's the case, why would it be any different for online vendors?
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:39 AM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
900 Posts
Find me ANY company in the states that will pay for return shipping! If there are some, they are danged rare. But they should pay to reship the item.
sailr is online now Find More Posts by sailr
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:40 AM
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailr View Post
Find me ANY company in the states that will pay for return shipping! If there are some, they are danged rare. But they should pay to reship the item.
Amazon. And I just bought my last set of savox servos from them. Fortunately, I didn't need to return them. Which is what Amazon strives for. To Amazon, a good customer interaction is not having to deal with the customer after the product is shipped. From my perspective, I also think this is a good vendor interaction. Win/win.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:10 AM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
900 Posts
I stand corrected! I had no idea Amazon would do that. Good to know. Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2012, 07:29 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
900 Posts
I see you haven't found a hobby company yet.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:59 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Quote:
I see you haven't found a hobby company yet.
but that's not what you asked. (see quote below)

Quote:
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:01 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
i don't even want to know how you found this link.
http://www.bodaciousboutique.com/shi...tml?CDpath=0_1
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:58 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
The topic is relating to vendors and is posted on an RC forum. I would suggest the discussion is about RC vendors? I think that was clarified by the OP at post 93.

Brian, I note that of the links you have provided (that I looked at) only cater for domestic returns. What about Non domestic returns?

Cheers. Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:23 AM
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
If amazon starts selling, directly, more hobby parts, look out, the other retailers will lose my business. I already bought savox servos from amazon. Free 2 day shipping, $4 overnight if you have amazon prime. Great deal. I like amazon. I hardly ever have to deal with returns, and when I do, they are easy, simple, hassle free.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:31 AM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Most of the RC online venders including Hobby King over charge on shipping anyway. So yeah, they should pay for return shipping. I've read that Hobby King checks everything before it goes out, especially battery packs. I don't believe it, but I've read it.

As for my local hobby shop, the shop and myself check the item before I leave, so i don't have to drive back. And I can recall a single item that was doa from my local hobby shop.

Can't say that from what I've read about Hobby King or any other online vender. So if they did check everything before it was shipped they wouldn't have the problem of return shipping fees.

But that's what you get with online venders that are out to get your money and as much of your money as possible.

I've heard that Hobby King has a USA warehouse also. But I have read that it's just a PO box.

I would really to see someone prove or disprove that. Hey KCV6, why don't you get us a picture of that USA Warehouse of Hobby King? With a sign on the front that says "Hobby King USA"

Frank
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Last edited by countilaw; Jun 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: typo
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:07 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
900 Posts
HK does have a US warehouse. Their address may not be known but the products ARE in the U.S. as can be attested by the short shipping times when ordering from the U.S. Warehouse. A warehouse is not a hobby shop.

HK does have storefront hobby shops all over the world but none here in the USA.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:14 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
HK does have a US warehouse. Their address may not be known but the products ARE in the U.S. as can be attested by the short shipping times when ordering from the U.S. Warehouse. A warehouse is not a hobby shop.

HK does have storefront hobby shops all over the world but none here in the USA.
Yes. You are absolutely, 100% correct- That's why it's called "USA Warehouse"