Yes. And I would ask my LHS to pay for my gase 3 10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26, 2012, 10:44 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsmith View Post
I'm confused about this poll and the numbers shown. If each member gets only one vote then the numbers are way off. There are only 9 resondents to this thread yet the numbers indicate like 16 or 17. Is it possiblr to vote each time you log in or only once.

Including myself this thread has posts by rcalldaylong, Magrat, Countilaw, KCV6, sgtdirt, CodeJock, Joe1320, and Jeffhines2673. That is nine respondants so how exactly does the voting work?
I didn't vote in the poll. I think there are carefully worded, cut and dry answers being asked for and they don't necessarily represent circumstances that exist. Therfore, no vote.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt View Post
i would but there are several threads about them already. i was just giving example of the few that have given me excellent CS (with free returns) and on time delivery.

just wondering why you keep insisting that i go off topic.

meh, you are the thread starter so i guess it's your prerogative to take this thread in any direction.
Not insisting, just trying to help you.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 09:51 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
Quote:
mark,
what if you were to order a pizza and had it delivered. it matters not which pizza joint you use as they all have "free" delivery (i.e. the vendor includes the delivery into the cost).
your pizza took a little longer than expected but your just happy it arrived. you sit down and gaze at the box with hungry eyes. when you open the box, to your surprise, there is a slice with a big ol' bite taken out of it.

here's my question:
what do you do and what would be the best course of action the pizza joint should take

(this scenario has made me hungry. off to get a slice. )
Not being smart here, but I wouldn't accept the pizza so I'd point it out to the delivery guy and tell him to sort it and come back with a complete Pizza. I would expect this because when I ordered it I wasn't asked to agree to anything else. If I ordered it and part of the deal was that the Pizza may turn up with a piece missing, with a clause that it could be replaced but it was my responsibility to get it back to them, I would then jump in my car and take it back and get them to send out a new one.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; May 27, 2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:27 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Last edited by sgtdirt; Jun 07, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 27, 2012, 02:15 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
Who knows. They may, they may not.

Mark
Old May 27, 2012, 07:48 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,322 Posts
Quote:
does the pizza joint share any of the fault for the chunk of pie missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Who knows. They may, they may not.

Mark
LOL you guys are funny at times.

What happens is the customer gets pissed, sends the driver and the pizza back. The pizza establishment's manager completely denies the fact that the pizza could have ever been sent out that way, covers his tracks by firing the first delivery driver who did nothing, and sending his deadbeat brother that he hired to do the second delivery.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old May 27, 2012, 08:04 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Last edited by sgtdirt; Jun 07, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:23 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
Sorry you are not getting me at all. I clearly said it depended on what was agreed. If I buy something and at the time I buy it get presented with terms, I go by the terms that I agreed too. As an example with the Pizza I clearly stated that In the absence of any terms I expect a full pizza with the topings I chose. If I order and they tell me the topings may vary or a piece may be missing or have a bite out of it then I'm not going to have an issue if it turns up with a bite out or a piece missing. Why would I, I agreed to it.

In comparison, pretty much every vendor I use states in their terms that I am responsible to pay for returns in the event a. I have changed my mind and no longer want what I ordered or b. There is an issue with the item.

I have no issue with paying return postage, re-stocking fees or handling charges, it's all part of the process I agreed too.

Others do, thats their choice.

Mark
Last edited by KCV6; May 27, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old May 28, 2012, 02:06 AM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Not being smart here, but I wouldn't accept the pizza so I'd point it out to the delivery guy and tell him to sort it and come back with a complete Pizza. I would expect this because when I ordered it I wasn't asked to agree to anything else. If I ordered it and part of the deal was that the Pizza may turn up with a piece missing, with a clause that it could be replaced but it was my responsibility to get it back to them, I would then jump in my car and take it back and get them to send out a new one.

Mark
And would you expect them to charge you another shipping charge? (delivery fee)

as you previously said in other posts is acceptable. So , would you pay for the delivery charge? HK thinks you should.

Frank
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Old May 28, 2012, 06:39 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
Huh? What's HK got to do with it, you keep bringing them up Frank?

I thought my belief and thoughts on the subject are fairly clear and simple. What I agree to in the way of any suppliers terms at the time is cool with me or I wouldn't agree to them at the time. Therefore If I've agreed to it then I don't think a vendor should have to pay for return shipping.

Mark
Old May 28, 2012, 11:52 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
I'm sorry Mark, did I offend you with mentioning that HK expects you to pay return shipping both ways? You seem to get very upset if someone says anything bad about HK. Do you have some vested interest in them?

Frank

PS, I am sorry, If by chance, I offended you. I didn't mean to.
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Old May 29, 2012, 01:44 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
Return shipping both ways? Where did you get that gem from? Not offended at all just curious as to the motive behind your steering of the topic?

Are you stating you had to pay shipping both ways on a product from them?

Mark
Old May 29, 2012, 10:16 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
I've seen my fair share of cases where people feel the vendor should pay for return shipping on defective/DOA/broken items.

Then I kinda thought to myself- "hey the last few times I bought defective items from my LHS, I had to drive back to my LHS to exchange the item and I can't remember ever asking for gas money." I just wondered what my LHS would say if I demanded gas money. I mean these days, the closest LHS to me is 8 miles, and total trip is 16 miles...and with my truck doing 16-18 miles/gallon, I figured the LHS owes me $4.29.

if you're one of those that demands online vendors pay for shipping back, would you feel comfortable asking your LHS to pay for your gas?

What do you think?
Vendors and LHS shouldn't sell defective items. To do so shows contempt for their customers.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old May 29, 2012, 10:28 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
Vendors and LHS shouldn't sell defective items. To do so shows contempt for their customers.
The key is "shouldn't"
We all know we live in a imperfect world, and to sell perfect items is not possible. With that, at some point you will buy something that is defective from either your LHS or an online vendor.

That being said, the question and poll is fairly straight forward...If you feel your online vendors should pay for shipping the defective item back, would you feel comfortable asking your LHS to pay for your gas to return the defective item? The concept is pretty black and white.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2012, 11:02 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,046 Posts
If amazon sends me the wrong product, or a defective product, they pay for return shipping. The question should be how hard does the vendor want to work to establish a loyal customer?

The question as written in the poll is biased toward the people hawking goods. I have no sympathy. Yes, they should pay for my gas, too. And my wasted time. And go find another line of work.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f