Yes. But I wouldn't feel comfortable asking LHS to pay for gas 9 32.14%
Yes. And I would ask my LHS to pay for my gase 3 10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 14, 2012, 12:28 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
I know we all love HK so much, that's why we can't stop talking about HK. Anyhow, HK already has so much free advertising already, so let's keep this thread HK free.

This thread is not HK specific and the concept is again very simple. Should online vendors have to pay for return shipping...if you say yes to this, then do you feel your LHS should pay for your gas when a return is made that is not your fault. These days with gas hover over $4/gal, I fail to see the difference between gas (LHS) and shipping (online vendors).

Think of the last time your LHS made a mistake. Mine has- I went in to buy a shaft adapter, and I even brought the motor. LHS rep even took the calipers and measured it, but couldn't find the matching metric, so he made a conversion and gave me the supposedly matching standard shaft adapter. Took it home and turns out, shaft adapter was slightly bigger. I had to make the 8 miles back to return the part. Not once did I ask for $4 for gas...

All I'm asking is for those that strongly feel online vendors must pay for return shipping, to honestly tell me that you would feel comfortable asking your LHS to pay your gas. And if you can't honestly say you're comfortable asking your LHS to pay your gas, then why is it any different for your online vendors.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2012, 04:41 AM
Builds better than he flies
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined May 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
These days with gas hover over $4/gal ...
Try living in Europe, we pay close to $10 per gallon (assuming 4.5 litres to the gallon)! I guess that's even more reason to get the LHS to give us something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
Not once did I ask for $4 for gas...
Blimey, what car are you driving that only does 8mpg?!
CodeJock is offline Find More Posts by CodeJock
Old May 14, 2012, 09:49 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeJock View Post
Try living in Europe, we pay close to $10 per gallon (assuming 4.5 litres to the gallon)! I guess that's even more reason to get the LHS to give us something!

Blimey, what car are you driving that only does 8mpg?!
$10 a gallon...ouch! I don't remember seeing any rioting there over gas. We Americans are spoiled as spoiled can be. I think we'd be rioting at every gas station, every political event, every city hall, every place we can think of if gas went that high up.

I'm counting roundtrip (8miles there, 8miles back home ... 16miles total)
Old May 14, 2012, 01:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt View Post
it's mentioned in the third post of this thread. it's also quoted in the 10 post of this thread. how could you have missed it?
That's alright Sarge he sees and only what he wants to see.

Why do you think the poll was limited in it's content? They only wanted part of the story, not the whole story.

And rcalldaylong doesn't want anything negative said about HK, so let's not bring HK into it as he requested. Yeah right,

You guys, and you know who I'm talking about, opened the door. So if you can't take the heat in the kitchen, don't go into the kitchen.

Is it true, that if you order something from Hobby King, and they only ship part of the order because the other part is on back order, even those the ad says it "in stock". They charge you shipping or the "back ordered" parts when they do get around to shipping them? Even though they held your money since the original order.

Frank
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 14, 2012, 10:15 PM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,904 Posts
On The HK back order bit, They don't part ship. You order and everything is reserved until the BO parts come in. It is then shipped all in one hit. If the BO is an issue you simply cancel it and they re-calculate the cost of the order and postage, credit the difference and ship the order.

Frank, why not simply have a browse on HK make an account and order something. there is bound to be something there that you may need.

You don't have to refer to me as He or part of you guys, you can call me Mark.

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old May 14, 2012, 10:55 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countilaw View Post
That's alright Sarge he sees and only what he wants to see.

Why do you think the poll was limited in it's content? They only wanted part of the story, not the whole story.

And rcalldaylong doesn't want anything negative said about HK, so let's not bring HK into it as he requested. Yeah right,

Frank
count,

see post #4. I don't get it? Why is this so hard to understand? I know, I know, sometimes it takes a little bit of thinking, but Pls try to comprehend it.

Anyways, on the next topic. The intent was to address the general online vendors, not just HK. I was trying to get something useful out of the poll and not make it into a pissing match about HK(we have enough of those). If you'd like to make it a HK poll which suits your needs, by all means make one. Last I check, RCG isn't restricting anyone.
Old May 15, 2012, 12:14 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
the plywood fuse sides to a Pfalz EI i was building where warped right out of the box. i notified the kit maker/designer via PM from RCG and ya know what? he sent me brand new laser cut sides. did i mention it was at no cost to me?
i didn't have to take any pictures and wasn't asked a bunch of questions, no threats of a PayPal dispute. all i did was send a PM (i could have gone to his site but RCG was convenient at the time) and in about a week i had my new parts.

sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Last edited by sgtdirt; Jun 07, 2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: link to vendor.
Old May 15, 2012, 12:19 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
i was having difficulty figuring out why my Stevens Areomodel SQuiRT was fly kinda queer.
i jumped on RCG and posted a question to Bill Stevens (the owner of SA). he and a few others gave me some great advise which i used to straighten out my plane. i still have that plane after many, many flights.

so once again, all it took was a simple post or PM to get my situations resolved.
Last edited by sgtdirt; Jun 07, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old May 15, 2012, 12:39 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
the plywood fuse sides to a Pfalz EI i was building where warped right out of the box. i notified the kit maker/designer via PM from RCG and ya know what? he sent me brand new laser cut sides. did i mention it was at no cost to me?
i didn't have to take any pictures and wasn't asked a bunch of questions, no threats of a PayPal dispute. all i did was send a PM (i could have gone to his site but RCG was convenient at the time) and in about a week i had my new parts.

it would be really great if the reps from HK frequented this forum and did some Q and A....oh, wait...they do.....kinda.
Good. I'm glad that's working for you. You should buy from them more and support them and support your LHS if that's working out for you. If everyone was like you, we wouldn't be having this discussion about HK and RCG would not be so fun.

I forget, now why is it we all flock to HK again? oh wait, I remember now...
Old May 15, 2012, 12:52 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
i was having difficulty figuring out why my Stevens Areomodel SQuiRT was fly kinda queer.
i jumped on RCG and posted a question to Bill Stevens (the owner of SA). he and a few others gave me some great advise which i used to straighten out my plane. i still have that plane after many, many flights.

so once again, all it took was a simple post or PM to get my situations resolved.

how's that HK chat thingy going?
Again, I'm so happy you're so happy about your squirt. I'm glad it's working for you. I hope you supported them and bought all your gear there too. either that or I hoped you bought the gear from you LHS. They certainly need all our support.

I also have an adrenalin rush from the same place. Love that thing- quick as a speeding bullet. I powered it with my $10 Turnigy motor, $8 ESC, and 2x $4 metal gear servos and an orange...and I've flown that thing over 100+ flights on my 3x zippy 3S 1000 Lipos, and yep Very happy with it.

Oh and BTW - like that Ross commercial, did I mention I was able to use the extra money I saved to buy gear for a 32" P-51, more gear for a 20" scratch build, and I still had some $$$ left over.
Old May 15, 2012, 09:17 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Last edited by sgtdirt; Jun 07, 2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added link
Old May 15, 2012, 10:00 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
i just wasted my time and bandwidth. my point was completely lost as the kool aid worked it's magic on the obtuse.

before anyone gets an itchy finger and is ready to report this post. be advised of this post made by JB.
why would it be a waste of your time? You told us how great your experience with Stevens Areomodel and I was so impressed I applauded you and thanked you for supporting SA, and hoped that you would of bought your gear from them, or perhaps your LHS. I don't get it, why would that waste your time.

I also then told you how greatly I enjoyed another Stevens Areomodel offering which is the "adrenaline rush". Oh I'm sorry, I think I did waste your time, I forgot to post the links to HobbyKings site for the cheap gear I bought. I didn't mean to have you go through the entire HobbyKing's site looking for them. I will certainly go and look for the links. again...Sorry.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:31 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Last edited by sgtdirt; Jun 07, 2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:07 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
this whole thread reeks of a straw-man.
I'm sorry you don't see it that way. You know, you're the one who brought up SA and not me. I was only trying to help and add how much I loved another SA model... nothing more. Here's my honest advice- You should really post a thread in the vendor section on how great SA is. Really, it would help deter those newbies from buying anywhere else.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:48 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Last edited by sgtdirt; Jun 07, 2012 at 05:28 PM.