Yes 71 84.52%
No 13 15.48%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old May 15, 2012, 01:38 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,245 Posts
I did repairs on Mahogany Cabin Cruisers and Yachts...As doors became worn,I was assigned the cut the edges back,add new corner strips,and finish them so they were undetectable,and squared off again.

I was sent to buy transom planks of Phillipine Mahogany,with matching colors and grain..16' long 15" wide ,and 6-1/4s thick.(1-1/2").

Some of the overhead trim was laminated and bent in a 6" radius,then finished by painters who could flow on varnish that equalled a spray finish.

I love wood.It's hard for me to use anything else.
Thanks for the craftsman's history....most people don't get it-I wish they could.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 04:25 PM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
Here's a little addition to the thread, a poll to see who wants the forum and who doesn't. It makes it quicker when seiving through the comments to see who want the forum and who doesn't. . Make sure you vote
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane
Old May 15, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Trainer plane View Post
Here's a little addition to the thread, a poll to see who wants the forum and who doesn't. It makes it quicker when seiving through the comments to see who want the forum and who doesn't. . Make sure you vote
Humph ! we're starting all over?-make a note- I'm # 3 lol
RCG Plus Member
Old May 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
Weren't not all over again because I'll stil, using the feedback for all the comments . This way the thread seems more exciting ( not that it's note exciting ) and might draw in more people ( hopefully) . Everybody loves a poll ( I think)
Old May 15, 2012, 04:59 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Trainer plane View Post
Weren't not all over again because I'll stil, using the feedback for all the comments . This way the thread seems more exciting ( not that it's note exciting ) and might draw in more people ( hopefully) . Everybody loves a poll ( I think)
I like poles when girls are prancing around them joe
cracksmeup is online now Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old May 15, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,245 Posts
Don't get in a hurry Rctrainerplane-It'll happen if it's going to.I think the poll's a good idea.

Joe what are those poles made out of ? Beech or Maple.?You may need to be there with a pair of needle nose pliers,on splinter watch,if not..lol
RCG Plus Member
Old May 15, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,245 Posts
lol-if any body's even remotely interested,I'm having a pair of 5-1/2" wood wheels CNC machined for the 175% Sparky.Sent drawings of the Comet Kit style wood wheels from ancient history to Rcrobbie here at RCGroups.
He has a new toy,-a CNC cutter, and is setting it up to cut some wheels for me.

My intent with the Sparky is to scale up original plans,scratch build with balsa and lite plywood,use wood wheels and a hand-carved propellor..Does any of that sound weirdly familiar?.......oh yeah-the proposed forum ! hmmmm.hint hint.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by epoxyearl; May 16, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:32 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
805 Posts
I pranced around a dancing pole one time but then these two big bearded biker dudes grabbed me and tossed me outside and said to never come in again.

Not very hospitable if you ask me.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old May 16, 2012, 12:46 AM
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
Quote:
Don't we all lol
Old May 16, 2012, 06:12 AM
East Texas
Joined Aug 2007
994 Posts
I'll give a yes vote.
AA5BY is offline Find More Posts by AA5BY
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red
Old May 16, 2012, 07:57 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,320 Posts
What lowlife did a drive by ,we have one no vote . There would be no reason to vote no unless you are flying arfs or building with foam. joe
Old May 16, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,245 Posts
Quote:
What lowlife did a drive by ,we have one no vote . There would be no reason to vote no unless you are flying arfs or building with foam. joe
Or maybe they want to be heard,and nobody listens.Well at least they're trying...
I don't think "no's" cancel "yes's",....so as long as there are 50 yes votes, he's just wasting his time anyway.....
RCG Plus Member
Old May 16, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,320 Posts
I still felt like i got shot in the back like a lowlife would . If he's out there i would love to hear his complaint or his excuse .
Old May 16, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,245 Posts
I asked a bunch of guys at the Old Fxxxx's breakfast to join,and they will soon.

Funny-so many guys know what I'm doing with my prop,and yet not one of them has built one...Where'd you get the wood? "in the woods "..Is it dry? "five years inside"...How will you get it to balance?" by sanding it "...it will warp,if it's not dry !" I know" Is it safe?" it is now,it's not on an engine",But....But.....But....

Interesting-Jim Davenport brought in 10 hand launch gliders,and gave them out,to be slid together and flown across the dining room.Two of us completed the 50' distance....the other eight didn't know what wash-out is ,or how to "steam" it with their breath,to get it to fly straight.

Man-do we need to educate these people.....like the guy adding weight to his right wing to counter torque,then moving the landing gear 'way ahead of the CG,and complaining of ground looping.54 people said "it won't work"and still he tried.....It didn't work,by the way..
RCG Plus Member
Old May 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
I asked a bunch of guys at the Old Fxxxx's breakfast to join,and they will soon.

Funny-so many guys know what I'm doing with my prop,and yet not one of them has built one...Where'd you get the wood? "in the woods "..Is it dry? "five years inside"...How will you get it to balance?" by sanding it "...it will warp,if it's not dry !" I know" Is it safe?" it is now,it's not on an engine",But....But.....But....

Interesting-Jim Davenport brought in 10 hand launch gliders,and gave them out,to be slid together and flown across the dining room.Two of us completed the 50' distance....the other eight didn't know what wash-out is ,or how to "steam" it with their breath,to get it to fly straight.

Man-do we need to educate these people.....like the guy adding weight to his right wing to counter torque,then moving the landing gear 'way ahead of the CG,and complaining of ground looping.54 people said "it won't work"and still he tried.....It didn't work,by the way..
Most youth now a days know it all so i dont give them advice unless they ask .I had some old farts(builders) take me under their wing when i was young and i soaked it all up but its different now . Its the same with carpenters today most of them cant cut a roof or build a set of stairs unless it comes out on a flat bed already built for them their lost. joe
Closed Thread