Yes 71 84.52%
No 13 15.48%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,166 Posts
I can see clearly,now-the rain is gone..

I swear it's got to be a sign !!
I finally dredged up the gumption to present a request to the front office,and now ,my computer won't copy and paste.
It'll highlight and copy,but when I go to "paste",there is a blue fog over the icon.

I'll talk to flying buddy Gene tomorrow and see if he can fix it..The Building season is nearly on us,and it's time to go !

After next weekend,I'll be all gung-ho most likely...We're caravanning to Bethel Pennsylvania to an Airport where some young men with vision are building WW1 replica Fighters.-Actually BUILDING them !You can see pictures of them at 1-1 scale builders in the scale models forum thread by Mr.Damiani...we're all invited.

With The original OP's stepping down,I think a user friendly title to the Forum should be introduced.
I'm thinking along the lines of "Traditional balsa and lite ply scratch and kit builds." That'll allow the wire and metal that has always been included with kits,along with hardwood mounts and F/G or plastic cowls available for scratch builds.
We'll be scrutinized by you know who,and we should be able to temper his opposition with a wider description of materials.As always,we welcome his input,since the criticism teaches us what is needed to pitch a new forum with the largest amount of conformity.
The computer holds our future in it's hands. HELP ME, GENE !
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:49 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
843 Posts
If you on windows try highlighting the text and pressing CTRL then C at the same time. Then go to where you want to paste and press CTRL then V.

If that doesn't work then try rebooting your computer.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
I swear it's got to be a sign !!
I finally dredged up the gumption to present a request to the front office,and now ,my computer won't copy and paste.
It'll highlight and copy,but when I go to "paste",there is a blue fog over the icon.

I'll talk to flying buddy Gene tomorrow and see if he can fix it..The Building season is nearly on us,and it's time to go !

After next weekend,I'll be all gung-ho most likely...We're caravanning to Bethel Pennsylvania to an Airport where some young men with vision are building WW1 replica Fighters.-Actually BUILDING them !You can see pictures of them at 1-1 scale builders in the scale models forum thread by Mr.Damiani...we're all invited.

With The original OP's stepping down,I think a user friendly title to the Forum should be introduced.
I'm thinking along the lines of "Traditional balsa and lite ply scratch and kit builds." That'll allow the wire and metal that has always been included with kits,along with hardwood mounts and F/G or plastic cowls available for scratch builds.
We'll be scrutinized by you know who,and we should be able to temper his opposition with a wider description of materials.As always,we welcome his input,since the criticism teaches us what is needed to pitch a new forum with the largest amount of conformity.
The computer holds our future in it's hands. HELP ME, GENE !
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:49 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
...I'm thinking along the lines of "Traditional balsa and lite ply scratch and kit builds."...
How about simplifying it a little?

Balsa and light ply are both wood so perhaps: "Building in wood from scratch, plans and kits"?
loNslo is online now Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:14 AM
Cheese eating monkey.
France, Bretagne, Rennes
Joined Jul 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loNslo View Post
How about simplifying it a little?

Balsa and light ply are both wood so perhaps: "Building in wood from scratch, plans and kits"?
Or even simpler: "Woodies built from scratch, plans or kits."
Panoramix is online now Find More Posts by Panoramix
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:40 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
BTw You have been over 50 yes's For a while now!
Keenan smith is online now Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:34 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,464 Posts
I haven't seen anything in SSC yet. Are we going to make this happen?

Can I help somehow?

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Sep 2011
843 Posts
I'm willing to help if any is needed too.

Robert
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:16 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,166 Posts
I've just e-mailed Muroc Flyer,asking him to take the reins...He had offered to do so last week,and I'm conceding that's a better move .
We will ALL support him,I'm sure,and I have a new build beginning soon,so will contribute.
Let's make this a step above the fiascos we're seeing else where,and keep the subject matter on track,and remember we want to help anyone who hasn't built from wood,or wants to improve their skills.
There's a good chance now,with all the interest generated and so many positive votes,that the front office may just put us on the probationary status,without running their own poll.....That doesn't matter.....just remember to cast your vote again,if they ask us to.
You should know that I'm not bailing-I've been here from the first post-but that my computer illiteracy prevents me from doing some of the steps necessary to get properly involved.
I know my limitations and I'm not yet qualified.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,464 Posts
See below
Last edited by Murocflyer; Oct 01, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Sep 2011
843 Posts
These are the ones that clicked on "Yes" You can click on the number to see them.

Robert

1056729, 3DDFHobbies, AA5BY, AirspeedNZ, AndyOne, balsa sticks, BanditBushman, BJ64, Captain Dunsel, cbarnes0061, clonk, cracksmeup, Dereck, earlcbrown, Eclipse_7, epoxyearl, falling pieces, Fravits, georgewaldrop, glazzies, Gray Beard, Greenpeace, InvalidUsername, jamfly, JanRy, jcallighan3, JimHSoars, JohnsPop, jordanhahn, kingconsulting, loNslo, melmoth, MiNiFlIgHt, mjcmyers, mnowell129, moop, mrjoshua, Murocflyer, Navy Chief, Nodd, nova50073, Ottomite, Panoramix, payne9999, pecor, Props, RC Trainer plane, rcav8r2, Rcflyyer1, Richard Cox, Rusty-Gunn, scallopking, scope2229, Søren Vedel, TerryM76, Thayer, TheRealMrEd, TomCrump, TomM, turbojoe, u2builder, wecoyote, wizard of odd
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingconsulting View Post
These are the ones that clicked on "Yes" You can click on the number to see them.

Robert

1056729, 3DDFHobbies, AA5BY, AirspeedNZ, AndyOne, balsa sticks, BanditBushman, BJ64, Captain Dunsel, cbarnes0061, clonk, cracksmeup, Dereck, earlcbrown, Eclipse_7, epoxyearl, falling pieces, Fravits, georgewaldrop, glazzies, Gray Beard, Greenpeace, InvalidUsername, jamfly, JanRy, jcallighan3, JimHSoars, JohnsPop, jordanhahn, kingconsulting, loNslo, melmoth, MiNiFlIgHt, mjcmyers, mnowell129, moop, mrjoshua, Murocflyer, Navy Chief, Nodd, nova50073, Ottomite, Panoramix, payne9999, pecor, Props, RC Trainer plane, rcav8r2, Rcflyyer1, Richard Cox, Rusty-Gunn, scallopking, scope2229, Søren Vedel, TerryM76, Thayer, TheRealMrEd, TomCrump, TomM, turbojoe, u2builder, wecoyote, wizard of odd
Sweet! Thanks Robert. I didn't see that. Going back to revise my list.

Thanks!

Frank
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,464 Posts
Forum request submitted.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post22884278

Frank
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Nov 2005
25,464 Posts
Well I tolld Earl I may not be the best guy to submit the new forum request since I am not in the best graces of management here. I would suggest that someone esle do the same if nothing happens.

Sorry about that guys.

Frank
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:42 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,543 Posts
The poll has been created:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1744238

If this is voted in it would be a forum section in Aircraft - General.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:10 PM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
The poll has been created:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1744238

If this is voted in it would be a forum section in Aircraft - General.
I'm confused...What's the point of creating a second poll? was the one in this thread not good enough for some reason or another?
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Closed Thread