Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:11 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel View Post
I'm a strictly scratch-builder, where "scratch-building" is defined as building from my own plans. I'd love to see an area devoted to actual building (as opposed to assembling, i.e, ARF'ing or shrink-wrap removing. Plans-building, kit-building, kit-bashing, etc., would all fit in such a sub-forum..

CD
Welcome aboard Captain Dunsel..Thank you .
We're in agreement that we want to address "builders" primarily,and as you're probably aware,developing your own plans requires a basis of some kit or plans-built models experience first,usually......
Occasionally someone starts a model with no prior experience,and flounders.Rather than have that happen,we'd prefer experienced modelers offer their knowledge to help them through the unfamiliar areas. We have no idea what's out there,waiting to be developed.
Many of us want to see the finished results.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Water Sports
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:19 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
There are builders like me who design, build, then fly, a plane just to see if we could do it. I've a few successes, and failures, but the fun is in the building as much as they flying. I'll keep messing with scratchbuilt balsa planes for many years to come. Lets keep the hope that this new scratch built balsa forums comes alive soon. I've got a new idea for another scratchbuilt plane up my sleeve.
Rusty-Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:05 AM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
Finally my exams are over so now i can concentrate on flying. sorry about the lengthy breaks but sometimes, very rarely something comes before RC Planes. I just thought i'd let you guys know that im back and also a big thanks to Epoxyearl and others for keeping this thread going
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,463 Posts
I don't know the protocol on promoting this thread...Am I allowed to campaign for votes? I haven't so far,at least not intentionally,but I think the difficulty of finding it is hampering it's growth.

I 'm confident that it's time to introduce the proposal,RC...so if you're interested,fire away.

Some of us are planning new builds this fall,and having the forum operating by then would be fine with us.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:18 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,377 Posts
Iam guilty of not being here also my boss wants me to work my pay check latley . I was going to retire but they talked me into staying around a little while longer $ . I have had a chance to find some new build plans plus the ones i have already so i can see some balsa builds comming up soon. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Iam guilty of not being here also my boss wants me to work my pay check latley . I was going to retire but they talked me into staying around a little while longer $ . I have had a chance to find some new build plans plus the ones i have already so i can see some balsa builds comming up soon. joe
They gave me two year's pay to stay another one.....it wasn't worth it...I wouldn't do it again.And I loved my job....
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:32 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,377 Posts
They let me make my own hours working from home and i can travel anytime i want as long as the blackberry goes with me . My girlfriend has 6 years to go before she retires so iam stuck in this state anyways but it wont be long till we are both out in arizona to relax . joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:15 AM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
...Am I allowed to campaign for votes? ...
epoxyearl for president! (Balsa and Lite Ply Scratch and Kit Build Forum)
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:08 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,570 Posts
The thread has now attracted the required 50 Yes posts and the OP should notify the administration, in order for them to post the official poll.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:35 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
yay
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:47 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Agree with the rest - let's keep real building in one place.

The foamin' lobby has their own forum for scratchbuilts - so why not one for real aeromodelling?
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
There are builders like me who design, build, then fly, a plane just to see if we could do it. I've a few successes, and failures, but the fun is in the building as much as they flying. I'll keep messing with scratchbuilt balsa planes for many years to come. Lets keep the hope that this new scratch built balsa forums comes alive soon. I've got a new idea for another scratchbuilt plane up my sleeve.
When I wanted to build a Canard,I had high enthusiasm,and no experience.I used a Sig Kougar,removed the rudder and fin from the fuse,and reversed the stab so it was at the front..I had no idea the C/G should be forward of the wing,not at 30% or so,as usual.I put a fin at each wing tip and went flying..It took off okay and flew decently,until I slowed up to land.....It flipped onto it's back and fell to the ground.
When an observer pointed out my mistake with the C/G,we rebuilt and flew a fine aircraft....We're able to help each other-let's do just that...
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:04 AM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
...We're able to help each other-let's do just that...
Here's a chance for helping some new builders:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1704076
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,463 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know the status of the proposed forum..

Has anyone heard from RCtrainerplane?

cbarnes-we have that Dle 55 in an AMR giant stik,that I test flew for a club member.
It's an awesome performing engine....It should give you all the oomph you'll need.

I'm liking your scratch built cowl form...I'm making a form out of blue foam for a large Fairchild....should be back on it soon.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread