Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:48 PM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban View Post
That build log is a few years old now, editing it would be a bit meaning less now
Also have you got any plans for your cac boomerang because no joke it's Truely spectacular. I've spent the last 3 hrs looking through the whole build log and it's amazing and the scale is also so.
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 04:36 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,438 Posts
Sorry I build from 3 views and draw up only basic lines drawings, as you would see in the first couple of posts in the Boomerang thread.
P.S Thanks for the compliment
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Nov 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
I also took a quick look at the bearcat and was blown away by the work, and time that went into this beautiful plane. I must say thought, if you will, edit the first post with a link to the maiden flight. I searched for a bit before I found it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban View Post
That build log is a few years old now, editing it would be a bit meaning less now
On the contrary. If a guy came across your build log like I did, a quick link to a video of a beautiful plane, my get someone inspired; not to mentation the plane is well worth a few more views. Only one man's opinion. Thanks.

The F8F-2 grumman Bearcat Maiden (4 min 3 sec)
scallopking is offline Find More Posts by scallopking
Old Jun 26, 2012, 03:36 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,438 Posts
ok ,I posted a link on the build thread for the Bear for future reference I hope it does inspire some builders to have a go
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:25 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,851 Posts
BTW i think your nearing the target
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:49 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,473 Posts
There are already way too many forums so one more won't matter one bit. I say Yes.

It might help promote building again. Lord knows there are too many people that have no idea what building a plane is all about and this may just help.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Jul 05, 2012, 05:08 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,199 Posts
Frank-thanks for weighing in on this subject.I didn't,and still don't-understand the objections of fine men who have voted 'no'.
It seems that limiting the amount of information available is akin to having limited the amount of instructions included with a product you purchase.
What is difficult to fathom,is their suggestion to put it some where else,other than a forum."It's okay to do,just don't do it here".
It's already necessary to scroll halfway down the page to find 'Giant',and 'Scale' forums now.....One more click,as an excuse to not have a forum?.That doesn't fly.....Fractured ?-what's broken ?-their vision of consolidation?

A balsa and lite ply scratch and kit build forum,right in the middle of the builder's action ! Not limited to any aircraft,only to the method of constructing them.
With no pressure to hurry this thing along,we have averaged a higher percentage of 'yes' votes than is required,to bring this to the attention of the front office.....Maybe it's time for the OP to submit the proposal.....

We have people starting builds quite often,now,usually a couple a week,it seems....It would be great to share the accumulated knowledge and make their journey much easier and confident.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:44 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Frank-thanks for weighing in on this subject.I didn't,and still don't-understand the objections of fine men who have voted 'no'.
It seems that limiting the amount of information available is akin to having limited the amount of instructions included with a product you purchase.
What is difficult to fathom,is their suggestion to put it some where else,other than a forum."It's okay to do,just don't do it here".
It's already necessary to scroll halfway down the page to find 'Giant',and 'Scale' forums now.....One more click,as an excuse to not have a forum?.That doesn't fly.....Fractured ?-what's broken ?-their vision of consolidation?

A balsa and lite ply scratch and kit build forum,right in the middle of the builder's action ! Not limited to any aircraft,only to the method of constructing them.
With no pressure to hurry this thing along,we have averaged a higher percentage of 'yes' votes than is required,to bring this to the attention of the front office.....Maybe it's time for the OP to submit the proposal.....
Nope. The "poll" created in this forum, is not an official poll. The procedure has been explained several times now. The OP needs to gather 50 "Yes" posts before requesting that an offical poll is posted by the admin.

Quote:
We have people starting builds quite often,now,usually a couple a week,it seems....It would be great to share the accumulated knowledge and make their journey much easier and confident.
Which, of course, they are perfectly at liberty to do so, and are encouraged to do so, in the existing forum which is described thus:

Quote:
The Builders Workshop
Discussion of RC model building techniques, including scratchbuilding, kits, plans, and related tools, machining, etc.
or in any of the forums which deal with the type of aeroplane that they are building.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:19 AM
Joined Oct 2011
9,199 Posts
If I thought the comment about this not being an "official" poll were relevant,I'd explain that the Op posted the "poll" to keep a running score on the results,before presenting a proposal to the front office.
But having explained so many times before that it is NOT an official poll,as the last poster has pointed out,it's becoming boring,so I'm not going to say anything about it.
But if it were an "official poll" I imagine the numbers would be the same,in which case the point is moot.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:00 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
If I thought the comment about this not being an "official" poll were relevant,I'd explain that the Op posted the "poll" to keep a running score on the results,before presenting a proposal to the front office.
But having explained so many times before that it is NOT an official poll,as the last poster has pointed out,it's becoming boring,so I'm not going to say anything about it.
But if it were an "official poll" I imagine the numbers would be the same,in which case the point is moot.
I haven't counted, but I would imagine that there isn't too much difference in the number of time that it has been pointed out that this "poll" is not official and the number of times that someone has suggested that the OP should present the proposal to the management, despite not having gathered the required 50 "yes" posts.

Not to mention the number of times that it has been stated that the required 75% approval has been gained, even though it hasn't.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:19 AM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,362 Posts
Haven't read all the posts but it seems like a good idea. So, yes.
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:18 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
I like that: Balsa bulders forum. There are not all that many people building balsa planes even from kits, let alone building from plans. Many of the build threads seem to be on RC Universe, but I don't like the graphic format as much as RC Groups. Also, for some reason the builds seem to go on forever, and then the OP never quite finishes the plane ... or so it seems. Anyway, here's a yes.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:07 PM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
615 Posts
6 more yes's we are almost there.
cbarnes0061 is offline Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Jul 20, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Oct 2011
9,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061 View Post
6 more yes's we are almost there.
Yep.I imagine that if it is approved,we'll be ready by the next building season.
It seems like every time somebody stirs the pot,a couple more get on board..

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL POLL! this poll was introduced to keep a running tally to display when we get to 50 "yes" votes.
NOT BEING AN OFFICIAL POLL DOES NOT MEAN IT IS AN ILLEGAL ONE.

-just savin'him the bother-
When we reach 50 yes votes the OP will request the front office to start an OFFICIAL poll,which is when we all have to come back and vote again.This time for real.I'll probably become vociferious then,requesting your help.So far.it's just been loafing along,gathering a crowd.

Hopefully all the scratch builds will be under this umbrella,rather than where they are now,spread throughout each thread.....I'm following 7 builds now,each in a different area,including my own three. It takes many pages to get where I want to go.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Nov 2011
89 Posts
2000 post

Earl that was a great post, number 2000 for yourself. This was my favorite part.

Quote:
THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL POLL! this poll was introduced to keep a running tally to display when we get to 50 "yes" votes.
NOT BEING AN OFFICIAL POLL DOES NOT MEAN IT IS AN ILLEGAL ONE.

-just savin'him the bother-
scallopking is offline Find More Posts by scallopking
Closed Thread