Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:06 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
Cracksmeup... thank you for choosing one of my designs. I highly recommend using Jurgen's version though. That guy is an expert, and improved on my work.
No! thank you for your plan,i will use jurgens download but it was your idea and orignal plan and the credit goes to you. Thanks again gun. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Last edited by cracksmeup; Jun 15, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
837 Posts
So what about a scratch balsa forum in the scale, electric, edf's etc. Like for foamies? It's seemed to work for them?

I have no problem with no votes as long as you have a valid reason and not some hidden agenda. I may not agree with it but that is o.k.

I saw a point earlier somewhere that before there was the fuel to electric conversion forum that it was in another section and it should have stayed there. I would have never found that unless it was listed as conversion. It helps narrow the focus down to what we are interested in. I don't want to wade through a bunch of stuff to find what I'm interested in.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
I am a no voter and have posted balsa scratch builds in the past....in the appropriate model forum....

I am still in favor of segregating models by type, not by material.

No agenda here, just a reasoned opinion.

I still feel that putting balsa scratch builds in their own forum will cause non builder and casual interested bypassers to miss seeing them and learning from them.

It will simply increase segregation.

As I posted in the past, I think there are other ways to do this so that the balsa scratch builds can be easily found by the balsa scratch folks, even mixed in with the other threads...special thread catagory choices when posting (to be created by the managers of RCG), or by getting the words balsa scratch build in the title of the thread, for easy searching. Even just the acronym BSB, perhaps.
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:24 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingconsulting View Post
So what about a scratch balsa forum in the scale, electric, edf's etc. Like for foamies? It's seemed to work for them?

I have no problem with no votes as long as you have a valid reason and not some hidden agenda. I may not agree with it but that is o.k.

I saw a point earlier somewhere that before there was the fuel to electric conversion forum that it was in another section and it should have stayed there. I would have never found that unless it was listed as conversion. It helps narrow the focus down to what we are interested in. I don't want to wade through a bunch of stuff to find what I'm interested in.

Robert
It was listed as a forum for conversions and was one of the original Ezonemag forums. the designation has always read, and continues to read
Quote:
Sport Planes
Talk about glow-to-electric conversions, sport models, aerobatics, and other traditional RC topics.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:31 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
Speaking of foamies... I fully remember when the vote was made to divide the foamies into another category (scratchbuilt) and it received a lot of no votes, based on the notion of "dividing us up". Now which forums has the most viewers at any given time? Scratch built foamies.
Rusty-Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Nov 2011
89 Posts
Hey guys this is just a thought, tell me what you think.

Start a new thread in the already existing Builder Workshop forum; call it something like Links to Balsa Scratch Builds.

Now in this new thread you would post only a link and maybe a picture of your build. This would please the no voters that think a new forum would father fragment RCG, and it would allow people to search and find balsa builds that are scatted around RCG.

Supporters of the new thread could also add links from other peoples builds when found.

This would allow a scale builder for example to post in the scale forum, and then quickly post a link in the BSB thread for other searchers to find.

Now for the guy that builds BSB planes that do not fit in the existing categories, post on your blog or start a thread in the builder workshop, but don’t forget to add your link in the BSB thread.

This is only a thought, comments are welcomed thanks.
scallopking is offline Find More Posts by scallopking
Last edited by scallopking; Jun 14, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:21 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
scallopking... A similar idea is used in the scratchbuild foamie forum, and works well. If this new balsa scratch build forums fails then I could go for your plan B.
Rusty-Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:46 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
scallopking... A similar idea is used in the scratchbuild foamie forum, and works well. If this new balsa scratch build forums fails then I could go for your plan B.
Yep it would be a good back up plan. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:54 PM
pilot
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
Wow, good idea! I'd love to see builds models and photos or even better video of how to do this kind of stuff.
Props is offline Find More Posts by Props
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:55 PM
pilot
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
Id like to know more about this.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:00 PM
pilot
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
Me too, ( if I understand this right) I'd love a forum for scratch and kit builders.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:02 PM
pilot
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
mmmmm. thats what Im talking about. SHOW ME YOUR BUILDING BOARD PHOTOS.

best,

Kevin
Old Jun 25, 2012, 03:20 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Props View Post
mmmmm. thats what Im talking about. SHOW ME YOUR BUILDING BOARD PHOTOS.

best,

Kevin
OK
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...rumman+bearcat
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=fouga+90
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...awker+hurrican
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=cac+boomerang
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
Just took a quick look at your bearcat it's amazing very scale and and interesting build technique.
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Nov 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Just took a quick look at your bearcat it's amazing very scale and and interesting build technique.
I also took a quick look at the bearcat and was blown away by the work, and time that went into this beautiful plane. I must say thought, if you will, edit the first post with a link to the maiden flight. I searched for a bit before I found it.
scallopking is offline Find More Posts by scallopking
Last edited by scallopking; Jun 25, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:50 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,381 Posts
That build log is a few years old now, editing it would be a bit meaning less now
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Closed Thread