Yes 71 84.52%
No 13 15.48%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:33 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,808 Posts
Got questioned by a interested group yesterday,with some valid points.

If the defense for no new forum is "clutter" what will we call the same dissemination of information in scattering the bits all over?

And why is the opposition so fervently trying to stop what the Front Office has a system in place to allow ?

The opposition is beginning to come across as the "other guys"now...(their words,not mine),with an agenda,rather than a point of view.

Personally(politically incorrect-shame on me!) up to this time,the opposition has shown me how to modify my part of the request,to make it more palatable to the site owners.I hope the dialogue continues-we may get it correct in spite of ourselves.

Gentlemen-we can't convince the 'no' voters to change their minds,but we don't have to....We need to convince the site owners that we have a plan to encourage new builders and help cross-over visitors enjoy the hobby more, by becoming self confident in new types of construction(to them)..

Still nudging 75% yes,and still growing at about 3-1 in favor of this .

OFB breakfast this A.M.-Then flying the restored Hangar Nine Cub.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:25 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the "no" folks actually post scratch build threads once it gets going. (I'd happily welcome them.)
Rusty-Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:28 PM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the "no" folks actually post scratch build threads once it gets going. (I'd happily welcome them.)
Wouldn't that be ironic. No I don't want a stratch build only forumn but I will post my builds in it. HAHA. I personally can't wait till it's created.
cbarnes0061 is offline Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:34 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,426 Posts
Quote:
Rust gun ,i enjoy your plans for fatty (a-10 warthog) and i downloaded them last week and iam going to build it soon. Thanks for the free download . joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:53 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061 View Post
Wouldn't that be ironic. No I don't want a stratch build only forumn but I will post my builds in it. HAHA. I personally can't wait till it's created.
I'll stand by my no vote , and like I said not because I'm against it but just because I don't think my builds would be aimed at the right group that's all
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:56 PM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Rust gun ,i enjoy your plans for fatty (a-10 warthog) and i downloaded them last week and iam going to build it soon. Thanks for the free download . joe
Plans for an A-10, hmmm you got me intrigued. What size and power?
cbarnes0061 is offline Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:20 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061 View Post
Plans for an A-10, hmmm you got me intrigued. What size and power?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...fattie&page=13 Its for very small prop motors and lightweight gear. jurgen built a very nice one from Rusty guns plans . joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:58 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,808 Posts
Quote:
I believe that EVERY builder has something to add to a scratchbuilt forum....Foam builders need canopies-so do we.....Anyone can add their two cents in the construction of certain parts that are common to all models...
I won't keep listing examples, but you get my drift...Once the voting is over, all are welcome to participate,no matter what their vote is.
If you expect everyone to agree all the time,you're wasting your time. Respect everyone's vote,and their reasons for doing so.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:12 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban View Post
I'll stand by my no vote , and like I said not because I'm against it but just because I don't think my builds would be aimed at the right group that's all
I put emphasis to your words.
If yours don't fit then don't post them there. I don't understand where you post has to do with voting no.
If you have no intention of posting in a scratch built forum, because it's not aimed at the right group, why vote no? (I have no intention to post in the new Airliner forum, but I did not vote against it. If it was not affecting where I post threads then I stayed out of it.)
To clarify, there are a lot of differing aspects to our fine hobby, and if one portion does not interest me then I stay out of those forums. Having a scratch built forum is not going to affect where you post, nor interfere with your specific interests, so I don't understand why a 'no' vote.
Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; Jun 14, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:19 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
Cracksmeup... thank you for choosing one of my designs. I highly recommend using Jurgen's version though. That guy is an expert, and improved on my work.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Dec 2003
23,379 Posts
Quote:
I put emphasis to your words.
If yours don't fit then don't post them there. I don't understand where you post has to do with voting no.
If you have no intention of posting in a scratch built forum, because it's not aimed at the right group, why vote no? (I have no intention to post in the new Airliner forum, but I did not vote against it. If it was not affecting where I post threads then I stayed out of it.)
And there you have it, I do post in this forum because of its diversity ,and I enjoy the people I talk to. I have a vote which is worth as much as yours so please don't think that your vote is the only one that counts nor tell me what thread I should read or post in . I think the forum listing is already long and cluttered and splitting off another forum only means information is scattered even further .That's why my vote was a no .My build thread are targeted at a specific interest group which is why I would not post a build thread in a different forum , but it does not stop me from reading or posting in the builders forum
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:38 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban View Post
And there you have it, I do post in this forum because of its diversity ,and I enjoy the people I talk to. I have a vote which is worth as much as yours so please don't think that your vote is the only one that counts nor tell me what thread I should read or post in . I think the forum listing is already long and cluttered and splitting off another forum only means information is scattered even further .That's why my vote was a no .My build thread are targeted at a specific interest group which is why I would not post a build thread in a different forum , but it does not stop me from reading or posting in the builders forum
Thank you for clarifying. Please don't take offence. I meant none. As you mentioned, your vote is as important as mine. It's your right none the less, and I respect this.
Long and cluttered forum listings don't hurt anyone. It gives others more places/choices to post their interests. I easily scan past 90 percent of the RC Groups forums that don't interest me. You can do the same with one more forum added, couldn't you?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Dec 2003
23,379 Posts
As I said its scatters the information even further than it already is, and within one forum its easy enough to create a sticky thread within that forum at least the information is then contained in 1 place rather than many ,that is what I'm saying .You don't need to scan 90 % of the forums if the information is already within the builders forum
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:52 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,574 Posts
Quote:
I am a no voter and have posted balsa scratch builds in the past....in the appropriate model forum....

I am still in favor of segregating models by type, not by material.

No agenda here, just a reasoned opinion.

I still feel that putting balsa scratch builds in their own forum will cause non builder and casual interested bypassers to miss seeing them and learning from them.

It will simply increase segregation.

As I posted in the past, I think there are other ways to do this so that the balsa scratch builds can be easily found by the balsa scratch folks, even mixed in with the other threads...special thread catagory choices when posting (to be created by the managers of RCG), or by getting the words balsa scratch build in the title of the thread, for easy searching. Even just the acronym BSB, perhaps.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:00 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
I am a no voter and have posted balsa scratch builds in the past....in the appropriate model forum....

I am still in favor of segregating models by type, not by material.

No agenda here, just a reasoned opinion.

I still feel that putting balsa scratch builds in their own forum will cause non builder and casual interested bypassers to miss seeing them and learning from them.

It will simply increase segregation.

As I posted in the past, I think there are other ways to do this so that the balsa scratch builds can be easily found by the balsa scratch folks, even mixed in with the other threads...special thread catagory choices when posting (to be created by the managers of RCG), or by getting the words balsa scratch build in the title of the thread, for easy searching. Even just the acronym BSB, perhaps.
This makes sense. I like it. A better way to search for all scratch builds in all the appropriate forums would be nice.

On a side note:
I've read folks saying we ought not divide our hobby further, as it would make it more differcult for others (they usually refer to noobs) to find info. I disagree. I think more forums that serve a specific function will make it easier for others to find things.
Closed Thread