No 13 15.48%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
leccyflyer, just trying to get your goat.
Sorry about the comment chap. I would like to explain.

Has anyone ever tried to get your goat? To “get your goat” is an expression. It means to make you mad. A good friend might tell you: “Don't worry about what that person said. He was just trying to get your goat.”

Quote:
Didn't you know, thats how you get over 11 thousands posts.
11 thousand genuine posts, that are well thought out and well written like the ones in this thread is something that someone else should not be able to use, against you, and it upset you. You have put hundreds of hours into your thoughts here on RCG and have many accomplishments as well. I again would like to say I’m sorry, there is better ways to get someone’s attention.
falling pieces is offline Find More Posts by falling pieces
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:57 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,454 Posts
Bump
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Last edited by cracksmeup; Jun 07, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:59 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
And what would be the point of discussing with you? The few of us here build with balsa and would like a place of our own .Why would you think you could could change our minds when we have already voted yes. ? There is nothing personal about it you have your vote and we had ours . joe
The votes in this thread do not count towards creating the forum. The voting stage of the procedure has not been reached yet.

I'm not trying to change your mind, I am putting the case that a suitable forum already exists and, in my opinion, the creation of a duplicate forum will serve only to further fragment the content and make the site work less well, rather than better.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:02 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,623 Posts
Quote:
This is part of the reason iam so happy we had a tea party long ago .Why dont you just take your 11,000 posts and your arf's and go home.
I already am home.

I also fly, and have built, a wide variety of kit-built, plan-built, ARTF and second hand models.

You do not get to tell anyone to go home, or to attempt to stifle their contribution to this discussion.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:04 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
The votes in this thread do not count towards creating the forum. The voting stage of the procedure has not been reached yet.

I'm not trying to change your mind, I am putting the case that a suitable forum already exists and, in my opinion, the creation of a duplicate forum will serve only to further fragment the content and make the site work less well, rather than better.
Well we think it would be just fine and would make a great place for balsa builders. NOW WHAT ?
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:09 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,623 Posts
Quote:
Well we think it would be just fine and would make a great place for balsa builders. NOW WHAT ?
Follow the procedure in the sticky at the head of the forum and, if the proposal gathers sufficient support, in accordance with that procedure, it will be created.. If it does not, then it will not be created.

In the meantime you would be well advised not to attempt to quash anyone's legitiimately posted contrary opinion by attempting to make the discussion personal, and breaking the forum rules.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:14 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
842 Posts
It's all about the rules I see. Love it. So let's play by the rules...

Robert
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:24 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,948 Posts
Okay guys-I have no idea what a sock puppet is.From what I gather,it is not a good thing...To those who have an agenda,at least.

But if we look at it from another,non-purpose serving perspective,perhaps it's some one who has heard the commotion,and thought,-"wait this is what I've been looking for" a new forum ,dedicated to scratch building,from balsa and plywood,and it doesn't matter what I build"!-it could be a glider !-or a scale model !or even a BALSA flying wing !-these people want to help me be the best I can be !

Now, if you guys start picking on leccyflyer,you're going to provide more fodder for him to digest..-HE'S GOOD! he has knowledge that we can only dream about,and he has connections to the front office.-No matter-there are strict rules in place governing this sort of thing.We aren't breaking any rules and being snide means nothing....He has stated his case,many,many,times.Why,I'll bet if we asked him,he'd tell us again,why there is no merit in this forum.
I believe that he thinks we can't hear him,or perhaps we don't care what he thinks..I do care about his opinion,and that's why those same rules are in place...
He has a right to express himself,and this is the place to do it.

I believe the harder he tries to stop this,the more people get involved,and want to know why he's expending so much effort.When they read the full thread,they can decide how they want to vote,and it will be decided diplomatically.
Anyone who has over 11,000 posts must have a lot to say,or they just say it a lot.That is my respectful opinion,and is to be taken with no ill intent.

I am intent on reaching that many posts,also,but hopefully,I'll have helped some one who wants to build a better balsa model,with those posts.Please be careful what you say,and how you say it,because the next phase will be finding just cause.'That's in the rules,also'
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:50 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Okay guys-I have no idea what a sock puppet is.From what I gather,it is not a good thing...To those who have an agenda,at least.

But if we look at it from another,non-purpose serving perspective,perhaps it's some one who has heard the commotion,and thought,-"wait this is what I've been looking for" a new forum ,dedicated to scratch building,from balsa and plywood,and it doesn't matter what I build"!-it could be a glider !-or a scale model !or even a BALSA flying wing !-these people want to help me be the best I can be !

Now, if you guys start picking on leccyflyer,you're going to provide more fodder for him to digest..-HE'S GOOD! he has knowledge that we can only dream about,and he has connections to the front office.-No matter-there are strict rules in place governing this sort of thing.We aren't breaking any rules and being snide means nothing....He has stated his case,many,many,times.Why,I'll bet if we asked him,he'd tell us again,why there is no merit in this forum.
I believe that he thinks we can't hear him,or perhaps we don't care what he thinks..I do care about his opinion,and that's why those same rules are in place...
He has a right to express himself,and this is the place to do it.

I believe the harder he tries to stop this,the more people get involved,and want to know why he's expending so much effort.When they read the full thread,they can decide how they want to vote,and it will be decided diplomatically.
Anyone who has over 11,000 posts must have a lot to say,or they just say it a lot.That is my respectful opinion,and is to be taken with no ill intent.

I am intent on reaching that many posts,also,but hopefully,I'll have helped some one who wants to build a better balsa model,with those posts.Please be careful what you say,and how you say it,because the next phase will be finding just cause.'That's in the rules,also'
It would appear that the new sign-up was a duplicate account. Not too difficult to spot that. Of course that would scratch the "Yes" which that duplicate account posted.

Like I said earlier, this thread is for legitimate discussion of the forum proposal. It would be a mistake to continue to attempt to make it personal.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:46 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,948 Posts
"it would be a mistake to continue to try to make it personal"

"go ahead -make my day"!-sound familiar ?

I'm telling you guys-back off-you don't know who you're dealing with here!

on a different subject;
My dear sweet mother had a discussion with me about bullys,once.She described them as ne'er do wells,who took it upon themselves to run the school yard as they saw fit.Now if you stood up to them,and didn't allow them to intimidate you,she said,they'll go find some else to try to control,and do their bidding....But if you let them run the show,they'll make your life miserable,because they'd rather you feel bad than them."they always have to win,no matter what the cost,because to lose, is to lose face."

Guys,please keep this civil-the face value of this discussion will reveal itself,as time rolls on-if you get reported to the administrators,it's just a black mark on you,not the forum request.
When we get more than 50 votes this way,then a request will be submitted,and a poll will be run by the administrators-this one just makes it easier for us to see where we stand-it's not illegal to run this ,it's just for us to keep a running tab.

Don't create fake accounts-if anyone is thinking that-just let it ride the course.
By the same token,if someone joins,to vote for a forum that will be beneficial to him,that is his RIGHT,and don't belittle that,or try to use it as a ploy...

The hand-made props I carved and tested to 9,000 rpms are getting their final coat of varnish this evening,so I'm going to do that,and call it a day. Later.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:57 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
"it would be a mistake to continue to try to make it personal"

"go ahead -make my day"!-sound familiar ?

I'm telling you guys-back off-you don't know who you're dealing with here!
Nope, just an observation that threads where the participants go off topic and try to make things personal generally end up going downhill and ultimately end up getting locked.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Sep 2011
842 Posts
Pertaining to this topic:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1666796
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined Nov 2011
89 Posts
Why do I feel that the mood has suddenly changed around here?

Thanks Earl for trying to change the mood back to the fun it was. Do a good job on the prop.

The new guy should have read what I said about Internet Arguments, I'm telling you, there is no winner.

I’m not ganging up with or against anyone here, we’re not following the rules in the sticky, but I don’t think it really matters in the end.
scallopking is offline Find More Posts by scallopking
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Sep 2011
842 Posts
Ok so what kind of subjects would this new forum have?

For me any kind of balsa building tips would be great. I've learned quite a bit hear and there and have even remembered most of them.

I have a couple planes in my mind that I want to scratch build and have been collecting some data on them. I would love to watch others scratch build also. The original poster started a plane totally from scratch here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638287

My .02

Robert
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Nov 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
kingconsulting

Ok so what kind of subjects would this new forum have?

For me any kind of balsa building tips would be great. I've learned quite a bit hear and there and have even remembered most of them.

I have a couple planes in my mind that I want to scratch build and have been collecting some data on them. I would love to watch others scratch build also. The original poster started a plane totally from scratch here:

My .02

Robert
Ok kingconsulting, I'm misunderstanding you or you have misunderstood me. I’m not arguing here, I have voted YES, I was just pointing out that no one has confirmed what leccyflyer was repeatedly saying over and over again.
scallopking is offline Find More Posts by scallopking
Closed Thread