Closed Thread
Old Jun 06, 2012, 01:46 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
No sir this will be a new forum about the model builder's who BUILD with balsa . joe
You mean like The Builder's Workshop? That sort of thing?

Or perhaps you mean the Scale Electric forum, where there are thousands of threads by folks who build with balsa, detailing their builds.

Or the Sports Plane forum, which also includes a large number of build threads.

Or any one of the other dozen forums where building in balsa is already covered?
leccyflyer is online now Find More Posts by leccyflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:00 PM
Balsa and Foam can Coexist
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
You mean like The Builder's Workshop? That sort of thing?

Or perhaps you mean the Scale Electric forum, where there are thousands of threads by folks who build with balsa, detailing their builds.

Or the Sports Plane forum, which also includes a large number of build threads.

Or any one of the other dozen forums where building in balsa is already covered?
+1

How many times does he have to say it?

Ethan
WAGliderGuy is online now Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:18 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy View Post
+1

How many times does he have to say it?

Ethan
Well he could have voted no and moved on

but ,just like you its hard to do sitting behind your computer with nothing else to do. Or maybe he could have gone a scratch build a plane or just Binded and fly one.
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:19 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,099 Posts
For the faint of heart-we're still hovering near the 75% required positives.....and without even asking,it's beginning to spread like wildfire-leccyflyer's reverse psychology is working!

I won't expand on this but they want to know why one more forum is so threatening?

I imagine that if we add thousands of threads into one more forum,that can only be good for RCGroup's image ! Man-you can go there,and find what you want somewhere.!

RCG can't lose-worst case scenario-the forum doesn't live up to expectations,and is required to close after a bit.But-if it prospers,and more people find their niche,the new ideas in building,and the continuation of building,will be flowing.
Does anyone want to know how to add the fin fairing on Cub types,after the model is covered?We can show you how,easily.But you gotta wait !
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
6 Posts
This was my first look at the Builder workshop, found this thread looking around at balsa planes, made an account to post, yes.

Quote:
Discussion Building a paved runway and cost - 14 days old

Question Recommend a good hot foam knife? - 11 days old
Why should a balsa lover need to look around many different forums and threads like this to find a balsa plane?

The foam builders have a neat and tidy forum, not sure about that last comment because I have never looked, but my point is, balsa’s spread out all over the place. I would guess that the Foam forum does not talk about building runways over there so why is the wood builder slapped in the face with this kind of irrelevant talk and are the wood builders not deserving of a dedicated forum?

After reading the pros and cons here I have already heard many say that balsa scale, sailplane, and sport are already in their place, and that’s just fine with me. But there are planes built that do not fall in those categories. Is there a trainer plane forum or a flying wing?

I feel that if I took my building skill, which is a two out of a ten over to a scale forum, I would probably not be or feel welcomed with that kind of talent and a balsa forum would be a good place to practice before I take on a masterpiece.

One more question, I would guess there’s still freedom for the guys to post in their classification or in the new wood forum, if they would like, and if so, for the no voters, what’s the big deal?

Quote:
Thank you.-it goes so much better,with a single word answer.!
Sorry epoxyearl for the extra words!
falling pieces is offline Find More Posts by falling pieces
Last edited by falling pieces; Jun 06, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:30 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Well he could have voted no and moved on

but ,just like you its hard to do sitting behind your computer with nothing else to do. Or maybe he could have gone a scratch build a plane or just Binded and fly one.
Please do not attempt to make this discussion personal.

This forum is for the discussion of the proposals for creation of new forums and this thread is for the discussion of that proposal.

The poll attached to the thread is not a poll for voting to create the thread and it has no legitimacy in that regard.

If you do not understand that then you should read the sticky threads at the head of the forum which explains the process.

So, your option of "voting no and moving on" is not one that would involve any discussion of the proposal.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:33 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
For the faint of heart-we're still hovering near the 75% required positives.....and without even asking,it's beginning to spread like wildfire-leccyflyer's reverse psychology is working!
No, we are not "hovering near the required 75% positives". Please read and inwardly digest the procedure outlined in the stickies at the head of the forum.

Quote:
I won't expand on this but they want to know why one more forum is so threatening?

I imagine that if we add thousands of threads into one more forum,that can only be good for RCGroup's image ! Man-you can go there,and find what you want somewhere.!

RCG can't lose-worst case scenario-the forum doesn't live up to expectations,and is required to close after a bit.But-if it prospers,and more people find their niche,the new ideas in building,and the continuation of building,will be flowing.
Does anyone want to know how to add the fin fairing on Cub types,after the model is covered?We can show you how,easily.But you gotta wait !
Sounds like another thread for the Builder's Workshop. or one of the Scale forums.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:41 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
805 Posts
Mom is that you? Are you part of the RCgroups staff or just taking that position on your own?

You made your point so why keep repeating it? Your not going to change your opinion and we are not either.

I see foamies scratch built, foams kit built forums. Nuff said.

Robert

Quote:

This forum is for the discussion of the proposals for creation of new forums and this thread is for the discussion of that proposal.

The poll attached to the thread is not a poll for voting to create the thread and it has no legitimacy in that regard.

If you do not understand that then you should read the sticky threads at the head of the forum which explains the process.

So, your option of "voting no and moving on" is not one that would involve any discussion of the proposal.
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
You made your point so why keep repeating it?
kingconsulting

Didn't you know, thats how you get over 11 thousands posts.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:53 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falling pieces View Post
kingconsulting

Didn't you know, thats how you get over 11 thousands posts.
Oh look, a brand new sign up, only registered today and making a bee line for this forum. Wonder who that could be.

My posts are all on the record and I stand by them. Only posts made to the on-topic forums here at RC Groups count towards a member's post count.

Like I said, this isn't about me, it is about the frequently repeated spectacle of proposals for the creation of forums that duplicate the function of already existing forums and contributing to the increased fragmentation of content here.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
6 Posts
leccyflyer, just trying to get your goat. Now that I have you attention, I made a few comments in post #215, would you please pick it apart for me and answer some of the questions.

Quote:
Oh look, a brand new sign up, only registered today and making a bee line for this forum. Wonder who that could be.
I believe the term you’re looking for is called a sock puppet account.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:10 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,444 Posts
Quote:
leccyflyer, just trying to get your goat. Now that I have you attention, I made a few comments in post #215, would you please pick it apart for me and answer some of the questions.

I believe the term you’re looking for is called a sock puppet account.
Indeed it is, and I've notified the administration accordingly.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
6 Posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:20 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Now, why would I do that, given the mode of your entry into this discussion?
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,307 Posts
Quote:

And what would be the point of discussing with you? The few of us here build with balsa and would like a place of our own .Why would you think you could could change our minds when we have already voted yes. ? There is nothing personal about it you have your vote and we had ours . joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Closed Thread