Yes 71 84.52%
No 13 15.48%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:13 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,239 Posts
NO one knew that RCTrainer was intent on starting a forum,so he couldn't be advised on how to proceed...So taking it upon himself,he checked the sticky,and thought,"this is what I need to do".
He's following all the rules laid down by the site owners,playing the game fairly.

And the 50 votes required,will be available when necessary,whether now or in future.
I'm sure each new forum had the same conflicts when starting,but I don't believe the parameters have been followed in most.

I agree some are fragmented,which is why I support the young man-he's trying to create order in the chaos.
"balsa and lite-ply" have nothing to do with the weather in Borneo,so you'll be asked to delete the weather report,if you include it in a comment.Sticking to a topic is difficult for many,only because they aren't disciplined.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,239 Posts
And we haven't started a "campaign",trying to sway voters to vote either way.But if in a reasonable length of time, it appears that needs to be done,it could be.I'm willing to be patient and see how this goes.

Currently the yes voters see the need to add,or change a forum,and I think we're doing quite well,in the time span....Those who vote "no" are all concerned about the fragmentation of the'other' forums,and cannot see,or Won't see, that this could cure some of that fragmentation.

I have projects in several forums currently,and I would separate different procedures,if this forum becomes reality.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,239 Posts
I just read the sticky again,and it seems RCTP jumped the gun with the poll....But,when you look at it in another light,once he reaches 50 positives,the work will have been already done ! They won't have to wait to see if 75% agree with the need -it'll be already presented.

We'll have reached 50 names at the same time we reach 75%,most likely.

Maybe tomorrow after the Old Fort's Breakfast,we'll see some new numbers added.We have three clubs locally,totalling 300 members....we'll discuss the pros and cons in the next several meetings.Perhaps by this fall's building season,there'll be an information storm on RCGroups.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:03 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
I just read the sticky again,and it seems RCTP jumped the gun with the poll....But,when you look at it in another light,once he reaches 50 positives,the work will have been already done ! They won't have to wait to see if 75% agree with the need -it'll be already presented.
No, that is not how the procedure works. The sticky is perfectly simple to understand and the procedure is perfectly simple to follow. It was designed to permit a proper discussion and presentation of a valid case for the creation of any new forum.

Quote:
We'll have reached 50 names at the same time we reach 75%,most likely.
The poll in this thread is not in accordance with the methodology designed by the site administration.

Quote:
Maybe tomorrow after the Old Fort's Breakfast,we'll see some new numbers added.We have three clubs locally,totalling 300 members....we'll discuss the pros and cons in the next several meetings.Perhaps by this fall's building season,there'll be an information storm on RCGroups.
There already is an information storm on RC Groups.

The forum for the information being sought in the OP already exists. It is located here

http://www.rcgroups.com/the-builders-workshop-131/

The reality is that so many forums have been added over the years that the perfectly usable, well defined forums which served perfectly well for dissemination of that information have been buried under ever more forums, many of which duplicate existing forums.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
No, that is not how the procedure works. The sticky is perfectly simple to understand and the procedure is perfectly simple to follow. It was designed to permit a proper discussion and presentation of a valid case for the creation of any new forum.

The poll in this thread is not in accordance with the methodology designed by the site administration.

There already is an information storm on RC Groups.

The forum for the information being sought in the OP already exists. It is located here

http://www.rcgroups.com/the-builders-workshop-131/

The reality is that so many forums have been added over the years that the perfectly usable, well defined forums which served perfectly well for dissemination of that information have been buried under ever more forums, many of which duplicate existing forums.
Thanks for reviewing the poll procedures,but I think you're being a little too serious about this...FYI,I just visited the builder's workshop,and there is no thread dedicated to specifically BALSA and LITE-PLY construction,at the moment.Bits and pieces,interspersed with bits and pieces,but no dedication.-
It would be great to visit there,and find out how to take a sheet of balsa and form it into an airplane part.
I can't help but think ,that if some had your perseverance to stick to the rules,the forum wouldn't be as scrambled as it is...I don't see anyone redirecting improper posts elsewhere,to eliminate the floundering.I believe the OP would do that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:34 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
805 Posts
I just don't get some people. A youngster comes here showing enthusiasm for something besides foam and I see the "get off my lawn" mentality. That is the main problem with this hobby. If you woke up on the wrong side of sunshine don't take it out on the majority who don't have an opinion that matches yours.

All you guys in clubs should pass the word on this forum proposal. Now I just want to see it happen even more.

Robert
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingconsulting View Post
I just don't get some people. A youngster comes here showing enthusiasm for something besides foam and I see the "get off my lawn" mentality. That is the main problem with this hobby. If you woke up on the wrong side of sunshine don't take it out on the majority who don't have an opinion that matches yours.

All you guys in clubs should pass the word on this forum proposal. Now I just want to see it happen even more.

Robert
It's going to happen KC,and don't knock the guys who are against it....it'll take a little longer is all.He's actually helping us get it right when we do present it to the front office.Pointing out our mistakes is very helpful.
I want to be fair with the input,but if I get tired of waiting,I can eschew the benefits of this forum at club meetings.Be patient.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:51 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for reviewing the poll procedures,but I think you're being a little too serious about this...FYI,I just visited the builder's workshop,and there is no thread dedicated to specifically BALSA and LITE-PLY construction,at the moment.Bits and pieces,interspersed with bits and pieces,but no dedication.-
It would be great to visit there,and find out how to take a sheet of balsa and form it into an airplane part.
I can't help but think ,that if some had your perseverance to stick to the rules,the forum wouldn't be as scrambled as it is...I don't see anyone redirecting improper posts elsewhere,to eliminate the floundering.I believe the OP would do that.
So, if you cannot find a thread on that particular topic it is the work of a few seconds to start a thread. It really is as simple as that. It does not need a new (duplicate) forum.

Here is a current thread that would fit the bill for the topic you describe.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548253
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,239 Posts
Nope,nope,nope -won't do at all....We're talking about simply drawing your own plans.Taking a three view drawing and simply scaling your own plans to the size you want to build.Using someone elses plans,parts and drawings simply cannot be part of a scratch build.It is a simple operation,to draw your own plans,filling in with accepted construction used in any and all model aircraft.
If the OP decides to allow using someone else's published plans,that's one thing-but my understanding was he had done his own design,and wanted to continue that legacy.

RCTP-where are you ? Do you want to weigh in ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:22 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Quote:
Nope,nope,nope -won't do at all....We're talking about simply drawing your own plans.Taking a three view drawing and simply scaling your own plans to the size you want to build.Using someone elses plans,parts and drawings simply cannot be part of a scratch build.It is a simple operation,to draw your own plans,filling in with accepted construction used in any and all model aircraft.
If the OP decides to allow using someone else's published plans,that's one thing-but my understanding was he had done his own design,and wanted to continue that legacy.

RCTP-where are you ? Do you want to weigh in ?
All there in The Builder's Workshop - as well as the various Scale and Sports forums. Creating another forum will merely duplicate those existing forums.

Here's a thread that does just what you've described.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ght=plans+plan

and another on scaling up plans

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1622602
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,239 Posts
Quote:
All there in The Builder's Workshop - as well as the various Scale and Sports forums. Creating another forum will merely duplicate those existing forums.

Here's a thread that does just what you've described.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ght=plans+plan

and another on scaling up plans

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1622602
It does what I described,because I was a big part of it !I have 3 posts in that particular threads singing the praises of designing your own plans.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:39 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Quote:
It does what I described,because I was a big part of it !I have 3 posts in that particular threads singing the praises of designing your own plans.
So, given that, it really ought to be glaringly apparent that the Builder's Workshop already exists for threads exactly like the topic described in this new forum suggestion.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:52 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
805 Posts
I don't mind someone against and there were a few guys that explained their position that I don't have a problem with.

Just the internet mommy stuff that chaps my hide.

Robert

Quote:
It's going to happen KC,and don't knock the guys who are against it....it'll take a little longer is all.He's actually helping us get it right when we do present it to the front office.Pointing out our mistakes is very helpful.
I want to be fair with the input,but if I get tired of waiting,I can eschew the benefits of this forum at club meetings.Be patient.
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Jun 05, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,239 Posts
Quote:
So, given that, it really ought to be glaringly apparent that the Builder's Workshop already exists for threads exactly like the topic described in this new forum suggestion.
Maybe it's simple,but I don't understand what makes you think a new forum would be fragmented,if we kept all pertinent information in one area?
All facets of designing and constructing a Scratchbuilt aircraft would be in one "book".
Your complaint is fragmentation-it should please you that we want to build an area absent infiltration.
If we fail to get an area dedicated to the fine arts of designing,and building,the same information will be presented in other forums,further interrupting the logical order of beginning,to end.
This has been a fine exchange-but it's time to"let the people decide". Later.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:35 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Ya see whats great about rcg is you can go to guys pages and see what they are kinda all about and you leccyflyers have alot of discusions about balsa arfs and foam arfs .Now that dont mean you dont build but i did not see any scratch build threads from you. . I see you post some jokes here and there but i did not see to many posts in the builders section .I realy dont know what you want to argue here over when you could be putting your planes together and binding and flying them in the arf section. This was brought on by earl he was making me worried he was going to have a stroke soon. lmao joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Closed Thread