SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 09, 2012, 02:32 PM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
Poll
Balsa Scratch build Forum Suggestion ??

Hi guys to get straight to the point i was wondering whether it would be a good idea to have a balsa scratch build forum. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum i didn't have a clue where to post this . I feel that if the foam builders can have their own scratch build forum then why can't we balsa and ply wood builders.

I'm new to RC planes and being able to talk to fellow balsa rc plane builders about builds, problems and building techniques would be great.

If you've got any balsa build pictures or threads please tag them in i'd be more than grateful to see them and i'm many others would to.

Here's the point: if you feel this would be a good forum to have right YES in bold or NO in bold under your comment . Just to see whether it's worth while suggesting a forum.

Thanks
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane
Last edited by RC Trainer plane; May 09, 2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: forgot to include something
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 12:09 AM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,210 Posts
The balsa builders will generally want to report to the area with the respective "type" of balsa craft.. (glider, high performance, scale, etc.)
It is the logical position given the more limited numbers and specialized nature of such craft.
Seems like an uphill battle for the OP so let me help..

Personally, I would like to see the same sratch-builder revolution with balsa as has happened with the foam forum.
If such a place exist, it may inspire me to build another as I get to see other's balsa aircraft in more volume than I normally get to see in my limited searching.
One inspires another, resources are pooled, and that forum stays alive and well.
I know this presents an argument both ways, so I say YES.
MikeRx is online now Find More Posts by MikeRx
Last edited by MikeRx; May 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old May 10, 2012, 01:53 AM
Balsa builder and balsa basher
Joined Apr 2012
683 Posts
You can vote at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1649587
RC Trainer plane is offline Find More Posts by RC Trainer plane