HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:46 PM
EASILY ANNOYED
United States, MI, New Buffalo
Joined Aug 2011
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
That was it. Solved my ys-x6 firmware upgrade, problem. Thank you. Can we place that link on the first page of this thread?
zuby1 is offline Find More Posts by zuby1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:40 PM
MULTIROTOR FREAK
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Aug 2011
196 Posts
hows any one try YS-X6 with simonK firmware....please reply
hemanthtguru is offline Find More Posts by hemanthtguru
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthtguru View Post
hows any one try YS-X6 with simonK firmware....please reply
It works, what makes you think it wouldn't?
You don't need to choose any special esc settings either, it just works.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
67 Posts
hey guys ,look here a big surprise http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703032
Parift is offline Find More Posts by Parift
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:46 AM
Joined Oct 2011
54 Posts
I originally placed this in the wrong thread...I believe this is the correct one...Anyone got a clue to what is happening here ?...I know that it has been some time but due to how well the machine is flying I have held out until now to load the latest levels of firmware and PC S/W...that is exactly when it all started to go wrong. The machine had just taken off (about 1m off of ground) and flew backwards and to the right before crashing into an upright obstacle...a prop broke but that appeared to be all it suffered here. I replaced the prop and I now notice that the rear right motor takes an awful amount of throttle before it starts turning...sounds as though the motor took a hit as well doesn't it....I then took all the props off to 'bench fly' and test as much as I could like this. The problems appear to be many and erratic...eg...if I place the channel 6 switch down into flyback... thats it, the throttle stick does nothing, the channel 5 switch sometimes does nothing...all of this can be reset by powering off and then on the FC. Then comms through the router gave up and then started working again...If I am doing something wrong I can handle that but I need to know wwhere to start. I attempted to re-install the original firmware but it will not allow it (this is however something that I noticed on a previous occasion). I don't want to just go through a process of replacing expensive parts that are not at fault. Help needed here please ?
david.scarbrow is offline Find More Posts by david.scarbrow
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined Oct 2011
54 Posts
Sorry...I know that it was a fairly complex set of problems but I got fed up waiting for a reply and decided to finish work earlier than normal and spend the time stripping everything down, checking as I go to see if there is anything obvious, and rebuilt it all slowly ending up with reloading the latest PC GCS S/W and FC firmware...lo and behold everything works as it should. I can only guess that I somehow dislodged a connection and reseating it provided the fix and/or my original load of the latest versions PC S/W and MC Firmware got corrupted and the reload provided the fix. This mishap, whatever it was costme 2 days of my life, a broken prop and a belief at one point it was going to be an expensive fix.
david.scarbrow is offline Find More Posts by david.scarbrow
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:47 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,125 Posts
two days is nothing when it comes to multi rotors... get ready to waste the rest of your life on this stuff

Steve
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
The answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.scarbrow View Post
I originally placed this in the wrong thread...I believe this is the correct one...Anyone got a clue to what is happening here ?...I know that it has been some time but due to how well the machine is flying I have held out until now to load the latest levels of firmware and PC S/W...that is exactly when it all started to go wrong. The machine had just taken off (about 1m off of ground) and flew backwards and to the right before crashing into an upright obstacle...a prop broke but that appeared to be all it suffered here. I replaced the prop and I now notice that the rear right motor takes an awful amount of throttle before it starts turning...sounds as though the motor took a hit as well doesn't it....I then took all the props off to 'bench fly' and test as much as I could like this. The problems appear to be many and erratic...eg...if I place the channel 6 switch down into flyback... thats it, the throttle stick does nothing, the channel 5 switch sometimes does nothing...all of this can be reset by powering off and then on the FC. Then comms through the router gave up and then started working again...If I am doing something wrong I can handle that but I need to know wwhere to start. I attempted to re-install the original firmware but it will not allow it (this is however something that I noticed on a previous occasion). I don't want to just go through a process of replacing expensive parts that are not at fault. Help needed here please ?
HI , my friend , i am thechniacl of zerouav . i understand your fellings , i am sorry for You encounter problems . first my english is very poor , so you need some Patient to see my answer, maybe i can not expression my words well , but i will try my best to do it . -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I originally placed this in the wrong thread...I believe this is the correct one...Anyone got a clue to what is happening here ?...
I know that it has been some time but due to how well the machine is flying I have held out until now to load the latest levels of firmware and PC S/W...that is exactly when it all started to go wrong.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: you mean ,when you upgrade the FW , it is not successed .
Please download the newest "YS-X6 Upgrade tool" in the Attached Files on the first page of the wedsite : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post22248833
Then it will be solve this problem .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
‘’The machine had just taken off (about 1m off of ground) and flew backwards and to the right before crashing into an upright obstacle...a prop broke but that appeared to be all it suffered here.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: i am sorry to heard that . did you have hj file ? and send to me , i can analysis it , and find the reason .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I replaced the prop and I now notice that the rear right motor takes an awful amount of throttle before it starts turning...sounds as though the motor took a hit as well doesn't it....I then took all the props off to 'bench fly' and test as much as I could like this. The problems appear to be many and erratic...eg...if I place the channel 6 switch down into flyback... thats it, the throttle stick does nothing, the channel 5 switch sometimes does nothing...all of this can be reset by powering off and then on the FC. Then comms through the router gave up and then started working again...If I am doing something wrong I can handle that but I need to know wwhere to start. I attempted to re-install the original firmware but it will not allow it (this is however something that I noticed on a previous occasion). I don't want to just go through a process of replacing expensive parts that are not at fault. Help needed here please ? “
Answer: first, did you have a manual of ys-x6 ?
You can updown it in the website : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post22248833

The manual will tell you how to debug the ys-x6 .

“Sorry...I know that it was a fairly complex set of problems but I got fed up waiting for a reply and decided to finish work earlier than normal and spend the time stripping everything down, checking as I go to see if there is anything obvious, and rebuilt it all slowly ending up with reloading the latest PC GCS S/W and FC firmware...lo and behold everything works as it should. I can only guess that I somehow dislodged a connection and reseating it provided the fix and/or my original load of the latest versions PC S/W and MC Firmware got corrupted and the reload provided the fix. This mishap, whatever it was costme 2 days of my life, a broken prop and a belief at one point it was going to be an expensive fix. “
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: did you have a skype number ? if you have it , we can chat with it , maybe it will can solve your problem quickly .

have a nice day to you .
pzhang is offline Find More Posts by pzhang
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Tried waypoints yesterday. Way cool. 4 points, it just worked.
caterpillar is offline Find More Posts by caterpillar
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:38 PM
Tianjin, China
Joined Jan 2008
2,731 Posts
ZeroUAV YS-X6 multirotor controller (2 min 4 sec)

FOXTECH YS X6 Autopilot Cellphone Control Flying Test (3 min 49 sec)

ZEROUAV YS-X6 Autopilot Cellphone Control Test (3 min 34 sec)

ZeroUAV YS-X6 waypoint and RTH landing test (3 min 29 sec)

all test videos so far, hope to get a full function YS-X6 ,so we don't need to manually get the copter back after pointing a point,(it will take 30s to able to point to next point in standard version)
thanks
Fu
glassfox is offline Find More Posts by glassfox
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Foxtech 2014 Christmas Video
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:32 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
551 Posts
I'm having a problem getting my YS-X6 to work. I hook it up as per the instructions and if I try to plug in into the USB it doesn't show any data. If I plug in a battery the led flashes once blue and then is out and if I try to move the control sticks on the radio I get nothing
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:30 AM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
I'm having a problem getting my YS-X6 to work. I hook it up as per the instructions and if I try to plug in into the USB it doesn't show any data. If I plug in a battery the led flashes once blue and then is out and if I try to move the control sticks on the radio I get nothing
What happens with the LED when you don't connect USB?

I suppose that your USB is the USB to RS232 converter?
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:43 PM
Denver, CO., USA
Joined Mar 2003
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
I have the same problem and also happened when I going to upgrade the firmware. I guess the problem is from my USB 2 RS232.
Finally, I solve it using an old computer with RS232 port and WinXP OS .
kupu is offline Find More Posts by kupu
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
551 Posts
The USB worked for the upgrade just for the ground station. The ground station doesn't show any stick movement
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:49 PM
EASILY ANNOYED
United States, MI, New Buffalo
Joined Aug 2011
152 Posts
Probably a stupid question... but where the hell do I find my YS-X6's Serial number?
zuby1 is offline Find More Posts by zuby1