Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:29 AM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Steve

Something else I noticed is that sometimes I connect the battery to the YS-X6 and the LED red light does not come on and start flashing. It then does not send data to the wifi module nor to the router. I then disconnect and reconnect and it works...why...do not know.
happens to me every once in a while as well.
unplug the battery and plug it back in and its fine.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:45 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,956 Posts
this is crazy. I have had enough for one day....

What a complicated way to do something so simple...

I am not locked out of my router somehow.... time to step back and re-assess... I am sure it's something "simple" but it's tough to see the forest for the trees right now.

steve
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:49 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,956 Posts
really awesome of you to type all this out for me... mine does have the "1" but alas... there is no joy and I am somehow locked out of my router.... sigh... I need a step back for a few hours to clear my head and start over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
as others have mentioned, you have to make sure your router delivers DHCP addresses to the connected devices in the 192.168.1.x range

Some routers default to deliver dhcp ip addresses in the 192.168.2.x range which will not work for the YS-X6

either way, YOU can specify the IP address range to whatever you want. So make sure you check/change it so that it uses 192.168.1.x (x is the number it will deliver to the device trying to connect and obtain an ip address. You should also set "Lease time" to never expire, or indefinite, or permanent (depends on the wording your router uses) so that each device will get the same IP address each time you connect and will speed things up as far as connecting goes.

Set your router DHCP lease to allow 4 or 5 "connections"
This is NOT super important unless it is set to allow only 1 or 2 DHCP leases..then you will run into issues later on. So give your router DHCP leases the ability to allow a few more devices to connect than you have

the Router SSID must be YS-X6-(your fc's serial number)
the password is the one listed in this thread and in the user manual

Data encryption is also important. use the WPA-AES encryption method

once you have these changes in the router, save the configuration and reboot.

your tablet must have its wifi settings changed to match the router's info
so your wifi connection must look for ys-x6-(your fc's serial number)
and the connection password is the default password listed in the user manual.

when you see the FC's wifi module go solid blue, at least you know the wifi module is connecting to the router.

If you still have your router plugged into your computer or laptop, you can go into the router web page and view the DHCP leases, or connected devices..you should see your wifi module AND the ip address it was assigned by the router. Verify that the wifi module has an IP address of 192.168.1.x

if it doesn't have 192.168.1.x then your router is not setup to deliver an address in this specific range.
Remember that the (1) is very important
the (X) will be some number between 2 and whatever number you told the router to allow devices to connect. So if you said allow 10 dhcp leases, then that number could be 2 through 10.

If your router is delivering the proper ip address range, then go back to your android tablet and get it to connect to the router.

once you have established a connection to the router and you have a good signal, then look in the router's web page for DHCP clients connected and you should now see your tablet and the ip address it was assigned.

If all looks good, then launch the GCS software.
you should now be getting real time data from the FC through its little wifi module.

Go to param and click "GET"
you should see numbers other than zero now.
Go to data and you should start to see some numbers in that now, some will fluctuate, others will be static...
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:37 PM
MULTIROTOR FREAK
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Aug 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I have been following your posts, but I still don't know what the problem is. However, can I make a suggestion.

Start with your setup right from the beginning. I am sure somewhere along the line, you have missed something. I reinstalled my FW many times, moved things around, reread the manual over and over. Having a look at your video, I also suggest that you start with putting things in the right place on the quad. For instance, your LED is lying loose, as far as I can see, and this should be well away from everything. Difficult to see where your wifi module is. But this should also be well away from everything.

Where did you buy the YS-X6 from? Contact them and ask them for assistance.

Cheers
Rob

Edit: Okay, I see you bought it from ZeroUAV direct. Contact them and speak to them. They have a good help desk and maybe can give better assistance than a lot of us who are still learning ourselves
I got my zero UAV from Bevrc and They do not have any contact like skype or phone.....only mail
hemanthtguru is offline Find More Posts by hemanthtguru
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
MULTIROTOR FREAK
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Aug 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
well if your IMU values are all over the place and you've tried all that you can think of, then maybe you got a bad unit and should contact either zerouav via skype or email for some technical tips and tricks, or contact BEVRC for a replacement unit.

before you do that though, just make sure you have the IMU plugged in correctly.
I have made sure the IMU is place above foam; and i have connected the imu correctly at I1 red to red pin and i2 black to black pin.....I think thats only way it can go in so iam sure about the connections

Btw can u give SKYPE id of zero UAV and should send whole unit or just the IMU
hemanthtguru is offline Find More Posts by hemanthtguru
Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthtguru View Post
I got my zero UAV from Bevrc and They do not have any contact like skype or phone.....only mail
Hi...I had a look at your video again. Please move the LED...far away. I am sure that is what is causing interference. The white light coming from the LED means that there is a problem and I am sure it is the LED interfering with the IMU/MC/GPS.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Jun 26, 2012, 03:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
OK, seems I'm not allowed to make a fresh account (Wmedia), so thanks to the school kid who 'dobbed' me in.... That account now has been banner.
I guess there's just nothing I can do but ride the infractions given to me on this original account (nicwilke) before I can fully use this forum again. My Wmedia account got a whopping 40point infraction... What a thing to wake up too eh?
All I want to do is talk and learn more about multicopters, and saying the wrong thing you get points slapped down. OK, enough said, I've read the 'exhaustive' list of rules.... And will adhere to them. Я люблю коммунизма.

I will be starting a few videos based on the ZeroUAV YS shortly, and will post them on my Vimeo channel: Wmedia and my YouTube channel: wmediatube so for anyone interested in seeing them keep an eye out.
Since my posts are restricted by being collapsed, there's no reason to post anymore, so have fun with your systems. My infractions have been placed on me from the Xaircraft thread, where I succumbed to provocation by a member called TJB and his negativity towards the brand.
Good luck with your systems, happy flying.
Those who want to contact me for Skype text chat: skidooairman is my username.

Ciao.
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:03 PM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
nic,

why did your nicwilke account get temporarily spanked in the first place?
DJI bashing or something?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:09 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Wow this is beginning to sound a bit ridiculous for me, too much guys being banned in here all the time. Maybe we should activate discussion in multirotorforums.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
nic,

why did your nicwilke account get temporarily spanked in the first place?
DJI bashing or something?
No mate, I got rapid fired infractions for similar offenses, all in one hit from close posts, like the moderators read one thread and gave me one point, the next post, another, then another point for a funny picture of a drunk man and relating it to someones flying skills.... 3 points for a series of responses to a peanut that was being a fool.... Yes in hindsight I was doing the wrong thing, but they put it to 'provocation and trolling'. It makes me feel like Shrek being called a troll, not happy. Anyway, since my posts are hidden by default and people need to click on them, I gather most wont bother reading. I'll keep an eye on this thread, but think I'll keep to myself till august.
Name: infractions.gif
Views: 50
Size: 17.1 KB
Description:
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Wow this is beginning to sound a bit ridiculous for me, too much guys being banned in here all the time. Maybe we should activate discussion in multirotorforums.
Yes, The guy I was "provoking" was a piece of work... Oh well, guess I need to bite my tongue and be a good boy.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
I have made sure the IMU is place above foam; and i have connected the imu correctly at I1 red to red pin and i2 black to black pin.....I think thats only way it can go in so iam sure about the connections

Btw can u give SKYPE id of zero UAV and should send whole unit or just the IMU
Can you take a picture of how you installed your ys-x6 in your frame?
What do you mean by placing the IMU above the foam?
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:30 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,956 Posts
ok so bringing a router to the field is just not for me..

I have jail broken my 3GS phone and installed mywi 5.0

now I turn on wifi go into security and I only get wep and none for options... no WPA2 even though it says it supports it...

so I am stuck again... anyone have some insight on this? thanks... I am quite sure I have never asked so many questions in a forum before.... ever...

Steve
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:49 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,956 Posts
ok so for anyone out there... the 3GS iphone even if it's jail broken does not support the proper security settings... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Steve
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:52 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
I really need help; Should i keep the YS-X6 and look for help or send to bevrc right away for a replacement
The chinese version of YS-X6 is different from international version so I think thats why the firmwares are not fully compatible between one another.

Chinese (domestic version) YS-X6 is preloaded with no fly zone, speed and altitude limitation.

I suggest you to send BEVRC an email to sort you out.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar