http://gothelirc.com/
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthtguru View Post
Hi guys

I finally set up the network with my Galaxy note the to gotheli rc

but the sad news is i have faulty IMU and i got ys-x6 from bevrc but iam using firmware from gotheli rc so is that a problem given this non changing IMU values
The firmware difference shouldn't cause any problem, it's just a way to release certain limation on different version. Our firmware contain the serial number of the unit our customers purchase and it released their unit when updated..

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
ok so I re-checked with a clear head today and I had the compass gps plugs swapped

now I have a blue light on the MC board yeah!

but I still have no data on the tablet

the wifi module is solid blue = connection achieved
the tablet is connected to the router sucessfully

!!
Solid blue light on wifi only mean it FOUND the SSID network name and password. Doesn't mean the IP address match so it won't send any data. I am not a network expert, but after messing with this so long, starting to get the hang of it. If you're using your tablet as a hot spot and wifi is connecting straight to it.. make sure you read my previous post about making sure the IP address is the same.

If you're using a wireless router.. make sure you're setting your wirelress to run on b/g and not the high speed "N" type.

If you're trying to connect it to your PC.... after getting the solid LED on wifi... go to Window > Search > Type in cmd.exe to bring up the DOS window > type in ping 192.168.1.254

If you're getting response, then that mean that the router is working with the wifi. But your computer IP going to the wifi is probably not 192.168.1.1
GotHeliRC is offline Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:48 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Quote:
ok so I re-checked with a clear head today and I had the compass gps plugs swapped

now I have a blue light on the MC board yeah!

but I still have no data on the tablet

the wifi module is solid blue = connection achieved
the tablet is connected to the router sucessfully

i am on skype with tech support now... these guys are pretty nice!!
Just to be sure you did set dhcp network in hotspot to 192.168.1.1 right? 192.168.100.1 or anything else not going to work. And DHCP on?
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:53 AM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Albury
Joined Jun 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
I really need help; Should i keep the YS-X6 and look for help or send to bevrc right away for a replacement
Reflashing the FW, using the latests one. Then do the full setup again, the sed how it goes.
wmedia is offline Find More Posts by wmedia
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Feb 2009
562 Posts
@hemanthtguru
You probably plugged in your wireless modem in com1 port of the system Pls plug it in com3 and you will have it working.
rwijnhov is online now Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Feb 2009
562 Posts
I just made a nice movie of my alt-hold problem. I even relocated all the items like the manufacturer has. Big controller, imu and then GPS. This video is completely flown in gps mode. Position hold is great only alt-hold fluctuating a lot. As you can see the weather is nice and calm. I just don't know what to try else anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1jZ8...ature=youtu.be
rwijnhov is online now Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:33 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,952 Posts
I don't have a hot spot option... this is what is so confusing for a non network guy like me... so much lingo...

I have a tablet with no hotspot options... I think I have to somehow configure my router to the ip adress you listed... but cant figure that out of course

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Just to be sure you did set dhcp network in hotspot to 192.168.1.1 right? 192.168.100.1 or anything else not going to work. And DHCP on?
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,952 Posts
on the tablet in order to assign a specific address I have to do the following

on the tablet / phone
i make a connection
network setup = manual
password is 82890430
proxy settings = none
ip settings = static ????
ip adress is 192.168.1.1
gateway 192.168.1.1
network prefix = 24
dns1= 8.8.8.8
dns2 = 4.4.4.4
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:41 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,952 Posts
so that is the tablet side...
on the router side I have set up the router to have the YS ID etc... but now somehow I have to backa and change the ip adress to 192.168.1.1

but I cant seem to do that...

Thank for all your help guys... if I were more network oriented I am sure this is child play but this is not my area for sure.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:50 AM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
so that is the tablet side...
on the router side I have set up the router to have the YS ID etc... but now somehow I have to backa and change the ip adress to 192.168.1.1

but I cant seem to do that...

Thank for all your help guys... if I were more network oriented I am sure this is child play but this is not my area for sure.
since alot of routers out there use different methods to change the static dhcp ip entries, the best thing I can tell you is to use google to search "how to" questions.

How do I change the DHCP address range for my (insert brand or model number here)

How do I set the default encryption type for my (insert model number here)
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:52 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,952 Posts
yeah.. .wow this is PITA.

thanks again guys.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:07 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Steve

There are 2 ways of checking to see what is connected to the system.

1. Go to http://192.168.1.1 and log onto the router. Somewhere it will show what other systems are connected to the router and the allocated IP address.
2. Download Advanced IP Scanner here http://www.radmin.com/products/ipscanner/ run it, and you will get an image similar to below which shows what systems are connected and the allocated IP address.

Something else I noticed is that sometimes I connect the battery to the YS-X6 and the LED red light does not come on and start flashing. It then does not send data to the wifi module nor to the router. I then disconnect and reconnect and it works...why...do not know.

Rob

Edit: I must just add that if the blue light on the wifi module is solid, then it is connected and has been allocated an IP address by the router.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Jun 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:13 AM
MULTIROTOR FREAK
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Aug 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
@hemanthtguru
You probably plugged in your wireless modem in com1 port of the system Pls plug it in com3 and you will have it working.
Its on 3 com; And the DATA from other sensors are showing fine including my RC values; so its not problem with the communication

Whats should i do....
hemanthtguru is offline Find More Posts by hemanthtguru
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:21 AM
Love my Raven's!
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
yeah.. .wow this is PITA.

thanks again guys.
as others have mentioned, you have to make sure your router delivers DHCP addresses to the connected devices in the 192.168.1.x range

Some routers default to deliver dhcp ip addresses in the 192.168.2.x range which will not work for the YS-X6

either way, YOU can specify the IP address range to whatever you want. So make sure you check/change it so that it uses 192.168.1.x (x is the number it will deliver to the device trying to connect and obtain an ip address. You should also set "Lease time" to never expire, or indefinite, or permanent (depends on the wording your router uses) so that each device will get the same IP address each time you connect and will speed things up as far as connecting goes.

Set your router DHCP lease to allow 4 or 5 "connections"
This is NOT super important unless it is set to allow only 1 or 2 DHCP leases..then you will run into issues later on. So give your router DHCP leases the ability to allow a few more devices to connect than you have

the Router SSID must be YS-X6-(your fc's serial number)
the password is the one listed in this thread and in the user manual

Data encryption is also important. use the WPA-AES encryption method

once you have these changes in the router, save the configuration and reboot.

your tablet must have its wifi settings changed to match the router's info
so your wifi connection must look for ys-x6-(your fc's serial number)
and the connection password is the default password listed in the user manual.

when you see the FC's wifi module go solid blue, at least you know the wifi module is connecting to the router.

If you still have your router plugged into your computer or laptop, you can go into the router web page and view the DHCP leases, or connected devices..you should see your wifi module AND the ip address it was assigned by the router. Verify that the wifi module has an IP address of 192.168.1.x

if it doesn't have 192.168.1.x then your router is not setup to deliver an address in this specific range.
Remember that the (1) is very important
the (X) will be some number between 2 and whatever number you told the router to allow devices to connect. So if you said allow 10 dhcp leases, then that number could be 2 through 10.

If your router is delivering the proper ip address range, then go back to your android tablet and get it to connect to the router.

once you have established a connection to the router and you have a good signal, then look in the router's web page for DHCP clients connected and you should now see your tablet and the ip address it was assigned.

If all looks good, then launch the GCS software.
you should now be getting real time data from the FC through its little wifi module.

Go to param and click "GET"
you should see numbers other than zero now.
Go to data and you should start to see some numbers in that now, some will fluctuate, others will be static...
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Whats should i do....
I have been following your posts, but I still don't know what the problem is. However, can I make a suggestion.

Start with your setup right from the beginning. I am sure somewhere along the line, you have missed something. I reinstalled my FW many times, moved things around, reread the manual over and over. Having a look at your video, I also suggest that you start with putting things in the right place on the quad. For instance, your LED is lying loose, as far as I can see, and this should be well away from everything. Difficult to see where your wifi module is. But this should also be well away from everything.

Where did you buy the YS-X6 from? Contact them and ask them for assistance.

Cheers
Rob

Edit: Okay, I see you bought it from ZeroUAV direct. Contact them and speak to them. They have a good help desk and maybe can give better assistance than a lot of us who are still learning ourselves
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Jun 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:26 AM
Love my Raven's!
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Its on 3 com; And the DATA from other sensors are showing fine including my RC values; so its not problem with the communication

Whats should i do....
well if your IMU values are all over the place and you've tried all that you can think of, then maybe you got a bad unit and should contact either zerouav via skype or email for some technical tips and tricks, or contact BEVRC for a replacement unit.

before you do that though, just make sure you have the IMU plugged in correctly.