SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:46 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
290 Posts
Hi guys, here is what happens when you set roll sensitivity value accidentally to 10 instead of 100. Just a reminder to always double check right values before take off. It's very easy to make mistake clicks with mobile apps. In video roll compensation of gimbal corrects quite well so you cannot see so well what really happened but hexa came totally uncontrollable.

6 broken wooden props but glad that Cinestar 6 frame, gimbal, GH2, and YS electronics seems to be fine. Just scratches to GPS cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Fm5LwOwds
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
Ok then the fluctuating of 50cm-1m is normal? You are experiencing the same?
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:48 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
Ok then the fluctuating of 50cm-1m is normal? You are experiencing the same?
No. I'm having very good altitude hold just like when using WKM.

Try to reset all values back to default. You have to fill in those values manually, though.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
No i mean when you look in your data screen on the gcs there you see it fluctuating with a difference of one meter. Pls check of your unit does the Same. I need to know if this is normal or not.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
Ok I just made a video of the problem. All this time the copter is standing in front of me on the table. You see it starts att 0.0 alttitude and then climbs to 2.0 and fluctuates a lot. After about 4 min the altitude will be att around 4.0 still the copter on the exact same hight as before. So I believe my baro is faulty. could you pls check if you have the same issue. Thank you verry mucht for your help. pls see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXTxqGmRSEQ for the video and the problem pls go from beginning to halfway to end and you will see the problem.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 05:19 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Ok I just made a video of the problem. All this time the copter is standing in front of me on the table. You see it starts att 0.0 alttitude and then climbs to 2.0 and fluctuates a lot. After about 4 min the altitude will be att around 4.0 still the copter on the exact same hight as before. So I believe my baro is faulty. could you pls check if you have the same issue. Thank you verry mucht for your help. pls see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXTxqGmRSEQ for the video and the problem pls go from beginning to halfway to end and you will see the problem.
have you flown yours yet?

The readings you get on the ground do not translate into how it will perform in the air.

The baro readings will show differential pressure readings given outside temps, weather changes, winds, etc.
Barometric pressure is not a static number.

The FC will hold its altitude when commanded to do so in the air via the center throttle position.

If you are looking at numbers on the ground but have not yet flown yours...then go fly, get to an altitude you are comfortable with, and put your throttle in hover position.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jun 23, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
Yes i already flew in the air i also get fluctuations of 1m when wind is blowing. I also have the wookong so i know how alt hold should work.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 05:56 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Yes i already flew in the air i also get fluctuations of 1m when wind is blowing. I also have the wookong so i know how alt hold should work.

Don't know what to tell you.
send yours back to the place you bought it and fly your WKM

Mine is rock solid and parks itself in the sky when I have good sat lock and put the throttle to middle position.

I watched your video.
I video'd my screen.
It does the exact same thing. It starts low, and then will slowly climb in value.
This is due to the temperature of the electronics/baro getting warmer as its powered on.

Shall I also make a video of my octo holding altitude hands off, just fine?
all copters will vary a little bit due to tolerances and such, but if your WKM has a better alt hold, then please, reinstall your WKM and enjoy your copter.

I am enjoying mine with the YS-X6 and I don't get altitude drift of more than a few inches up and down when the wind is blowing.

For the record, my Naza has a fantastic alt hold, but when the wind is blowing, its really bad.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 23, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:28 PM
Wish i was a flight pack
Australia, NSW, Bass Hill
Joined Jan 2012
332 Posts
They are raw values and normal not sure if its gps value or baro but the algorithm of baro sensor and z axis accelerometer that outputs smooth height hold,i own 3 ,oct ,hex and quad all 3 alt hold and Ph extremely well and show fluctuations in gcs ,spend less time worrying and more time flying ,they are solid fc's if you had these features on the competitor im sure you would find the same values in gcs!
TNTJET is offline Find More Posts by TNTJET
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by TNTJET; Jun 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: more info
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
I'm with you on this one Fajar. It's been flying amazingly well for me as well. GPS hold is 10X better than the WKM and all of the GCS features are just amazing The follow-me feature still freaks me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
What happened to your comment here? You went from "pretty impressed" and "nice smooth flying" two weeks ago to getting "a lot of twitches wobbles" today.

Do you still use it on the same platform? I use mine on F550, Droidworx CX in X8 configuration, and quad F450, all of them flies great with stock settings, check my videos on the first page of this thread.
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:56 AM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
Ok thanks guys then I know it isn't the baro that is giving me the issues. Could it be ESC related? I now use the hobbyking blueserie 30A. could it be they are not fast enough? I also have a wierd rappid twitching going on. Also I will mount the gps on a pole I now have it on top of the large unit.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:01 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
I remember simonk saying the the stock firmware on the Hobbyking F30 is slow. Slower than even crappy plush slow.
Reflash your esc ASAP
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:18 AM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
Hi use the blueseries HKz30A not the f30.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:48 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
290 Posts
Quote:
Hi use the blueseries HKz30A not the f30.
Hi, i have used with YS same but branded to maytech and flashed with simonk and it's rock solid and smooth. Highly recommend to reflash them. Also mine is flying very nice and smooth already, just need to find best possible props.

Can anyone explain how changing roll and pitch P values affect? I still have some wobble in windy with 13X6,5 props and like to have it more relaxed. It's not even close much as with wookong in Cinestar size frame with smaller props, but should i try rise or lower P value, or something else?

K
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:51 AM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
Ok looks like I am getting there. I changed the esc from 8khz to 16khz and now the twitching is almost gone. In gps mode alt-hode is verry acceptable then it fluctuates within 30cm. Only a bit more when I get a gust of wind. But verry acceptable now. Only in manual alt hold it still fluctuates 1m or more. So to round it up in gps mode it looks good. Only in manual alt-hold it still fluctuates a lot. But all and all i am starting to like the system again .

O and i also found out why the android app crashes when sending data. It only works if you put your language in English of you use other european langage it will crash while sending data. I believe it is beceause in europe we use , instead of . as a seperator.