SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:24 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post

I am now going to go outside and try and calibrate the compass and hopefully I can get it done properly this time.

Rob
Below is the best Compass alignment I could achieve before the movement of the IMU and the best I could do after the realignment.

I took a few snapshots of the GPS Velx and Vely which should ideally be around 0 and less than 10 before taking off. As you can see there has not been much improvement by the realignment of the IMU and I am still getting high numbers of 17 and 28 respectively and also going into the high negative numbers of of -36 and -75 respectively.

I never took it for a flight as the winds were at about 24-28kmh.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:24 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
for the heck of it, move your gps antenna up on its shaft and mount it
see if your velocity numbers change.

I agree though, those are way out of spec.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:59 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
for the heck of it, move your gps antenna up on its shaft and mount it
see if your velocity numbers change.

I agree though, those are way out of spec.
I have had the same numbers occurring when it was mounted on its shaft. But maybe they will be different now that the IMU has been moved, so maybe I will put it back on its shaft, tomorrow. But 1st I will fly like it is and see what happens. Those numbers are not always that high, and generally are below 10, but its when they get that high that the GPS co-ordinates start moving around a bit, which is every 10-20 secs.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Tried to update fw but it looks like it doesn't connect to MC. I'm not windows hero as i'm mac user (and before that i used ms dos ) But has anyone got it work with Win 7 32bit/usb-DB9 adapter/parallels combo? DB9-usb adapter driver installed fine and i can see it in device manager but that's it. I don't see it connected to anywhere. Where i should find COM ports appearing? Sorry for stupid question.

Kari

Edit: Solved, just had to re-install again usb-db9 driver few times and it started to work.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Last edited by KariY; Jun 22, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
How do I make it hold better altitude. When i am now in alt-hold the copter fluctuates about 1m up and down what parameter do i have to change to make it better?
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
How do I make it hold better altitude. When i am now in alt-hold the copter fluctuates about 1m up and down what parameter do i have to change to make it better?
You can try the vertical stable at parameters. I use 100 but you can go higher so it can try to not to fluctuate.
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
honestly till now I am not that overly impressed with this system. It isn't near as stable as my wookong. I realy hope firmware update will smoothen it out. I still have a lot of twitches wobbles on my quad. I am now at gain 45. And I still get fast oscilations but if I drop gains even more it will become verry unresponsive. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:09 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Just had my second flight and indeed take of in manual1 and make sure you before you touch down again engage manual 1. Did really does the trick for me. I must say I am pretty impressed with the FC nice smooth flying. And the gimball output is way better then the wookong. My gimball is a much more smooth with the X6. But I do have a lot more jello with the x6 compared to the wookong. I just replaced the wookong with the x6 so i has to be something with pid tuning.
two questions:
1. I notice when taking off in manual 1 i need 3/4 throttle to take of. When switching to manual 2 i use 1/2 throttle to stay level. So i think it is not possible to swich from 2 to 1 during flight beceause it will make the hexa drop?
2. I need more yaw authority I find i responds verry slow on yaw. What parameter do I have to change for faster yaw response.
What happened to your comment here? You went from "pretty impressed" and "nice smooth flying" two weeks ago to getting "a lot of twitches wobbles" today.

Do you still use it on the same platform? I use mine on F550, Droidworx CX in X8 configuration, and quad F450, all of them flies great with stock settings, check my videos on the first page of this thread.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
Nope I changed from the f550 to the f450 beceasue I just could not get it smooth like my wookong. I still think this system has great potential but it needs a bit more developing. I still like it but honestly I think this system has to mature just a little more.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Feb 2009
565 Posts
Vertical stable at 100? Default is 150.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
Upping the altitude gains does not necessarily mean getting better performance for altitude hold.
multirotortech is offline Find More Posts by multirotortech
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:12 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Nope I changed from the f550 to the f450 beceasue I just could not get it smooth like my wookong. I still think this system has great potential but it needs a bit more developing. I still like it but honestly I think this system has to mature just a little more.
I dont really understand what happened to your F550. I use YS-X6 with my F550 and it flies great. I cant tell difference in terms of position and altitude hold performance between my WKM ADX4 and YS-X6 with my F550 hexa, they're all flown with nearly stock settings. And yes, the hexa flies great with the YS-X6 without the need for me to muck around with the PIDs.

YS-X6 Waypoint (0 min 34 sec)

Sure there are rooms for improvements but which FC doesnt? the cam stab function can get more customization options, for example. Some would even prefer more agile flying characteristics like the MK but in terms of smoothness, it is as smooth as other competing FCs out there. I've owned and used MK, HFP, XA, WKM, Gaui etc.

But my point is, even with default values I'm having great success across all multi configurations with the YS: quad F450, hexa F550 and coaxial octo Droidworx CX4. They fly consistently well. My CX4 is a bit more sensitive than the rest but I'm using 11" graupners with that frame so perhaps not the best combo for the setup considering the prop wash. And the options to muck around with PID (minus the D value) is always great if I want to move the system to a much larger frame.

Do you mind to post a video of your setup so that we can get better grasp of the issues and help you to troubleshoot the problems?

Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:16 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
I press almost the buy button on this fc and decide to wait and does not want to make the same fault i made when i bought the Xaircraft v1 fc with it adverts that promise one thing and results proven the opposite.

So I went and bought the Arducopter APM2 electronics witch i could afford at the time and i must say with the newest software and Firmware 2.6 i get alt hold fluctuate 30cm up and down in no wind and pos-hold within 4-5m with stock settings.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:33 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
I press almost the buy button on this fc and decide to wait and does not want to make the same fault i made when i bought the Xaircraft v1 fc with it adverts that promise one thing and results proven the opposite.

So I went and bought the Arducopter APM2 electronics witch i could afford at the time and i must say with the newest software and Firmware 2.6 i get alt hold fluctuate 30cm up and down in no wind and pos-hold within 4-5m with stock settings.
The truth is in the pudding. There are so many videos out there in youtube to prove that this is an excellent FC. I have been playing with almost every features of YS-X6 and every single one of them works very well.

This system works very well and offers more bang for the buck that they must have got their competitors worried about market share.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:50 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
The truth is in the pudding. There are so many videos out there in youtube to prove that this is an excellent FC. I have been playing with almost every features of YS-X6 and every single one of them works very well.

This system works very well and offers more bang for the buck that they must have got their competitors worried about market share.
its just a shame my friend Rob here can not taste the pudding yet

Here is one video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AD3KVra6RrA
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553