HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:26 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
I am still trying to get my GPS to work. I have recalibrated everything, starting at the beginning and checking the programming of each ESC, even though I have used this Hexa with a number of FC's and all worked well.

- The YS-X6 flies extremely well. The best FC I have flown yet, in Manual mode 1.
- Altitude hold (Mode 2) is the best I have also used, however, I do find that if you fly in Mode 2 and stop, and try and get it to hold position, it does want to continue on the path that you were originally flying. I am sure that this can be rectified quite easily, although it seems to be a common problem with a number of us.

-However, for me, GPS does not work at this stage. I have calibrated the compass more than 20 times over the last few days and I now have managed to get reasonably perfect circles, with the hoz circle a perfect centre but the vertical circle, also a perfect circle, is off centre. So we will try again tomorrow.

Does anyone know the importance of the GPS Velx / and Vely and what it means. My Velx and Vely are sometimes up in the 20...30...40

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
Robone,

Yep, but they're not giving different features per vendor, it is a different firmware FIX per vendor. At least it looks like it.

And on another question since you're in contact with ZeroUAV, why can't we have the complete info of what each gain does. Its has been a month and we don't have a list of all the gains only some...
Well lets see what they say, because I have already asked them why.

As for the gains. I will ask them soon, but my discussions with them take time and I am still trying to resolve my GPS saga with them. This (my GPS) is important, because until I sort this out and understand what is causing the problem, I cannot sell the YS-X6, and I have plenty of people wanting to buy.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Thanks to V. I have been having some good luck with this system.

I have built up some ready to fly quads with them if anyone is interested in getting one all ready to fly. Or if anyone is at the end of the ropes setting up this system, it is not super intuitive, you can send it to me and I will try my best to get it flying.

witespyquad with ys system . Follow me feature (6 min 15 sec)
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Thanks for posting. It's great to have you onboard with the YS controller as well. Do you think we'd be able to get this to fit on your FPV quad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
Thanks to V. I have been having some good luck with this system.

I have built up some ready to fly quads with them if anyone is interested in getting one all ready to fly. Or if anyone is at the end of the ropes setting up this system, it is not super intuitive, you can send it to me and I will try my best to get it flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTNxJpD8AtM
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:30 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
Thanks, looks like it helped. Still some TB but other direction. I'll try later again with this.
Redo your compass calibration, make sure you see the circles in the GCS after the calibration.. Should work well this time.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:38 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
Thanks for posting. It's great to have you onboard with the YS controller as well. Do you think we'd be able to get this to fit on your FPV quad?
Yes. if you want it on the fpv frame, this will be no problem for sure
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:39 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Installed the latest firmware from V this afternoon and took my octo up.
no more speed limitation.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 21, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Installed the latest firmware from V this afternoon and took my octo up.
Maybe I have to recalibrate the sticks, but whats happening is that when I go full forward, the ship wants to forward and pitch left.
Pull back on the elevator and it will fly back and pitch to the right.

its not drifting left or right, but exhibiting definite tilt to the right when going back and tilt left when going forward. Only at full stick throws though.

This is in auto hover mode.

I downgraded to the previous firmware and the behavior isn't there.
put it back to the latest and the tilt at full stick push/pull comes back.

Interested to know if others update to the latest rev and see something similar.
Sorry if my suggestion sounds insulting, but did you check that you set the octo as X or + style after upgrade? Sounds like its behaving opposite style to your model.
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:02 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Hi nic,
no worries on the suggestion.
its set for 5 which is octo x

but thanks for mentioning that.
maybe a refresh of all the manual settings would be in order.
I'll try that tomorrow just in case.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Hi nic,
no worries on the suggestion.
its set for 5 which is octo x

but thanks for mentioning that.
maybe a refresh of all the manual settings would be in order.
I'll try that tomorrow just in case.
Cool mate, I'm in the process of going coaxial with my ADX-4, so familiarizing myself with different setups. I just dont want to insult anyone here since im more of the newbie in these advanced systems, and in the XA thread, anything I ever said was always questioned. This thread is much more polite and helpful. My Droidworx ADX-4 is flying Mode1, 2 and GPS assisted really well. The hover and position hold is something I'm not used to, its so stable and still. Got my Gemfan CF props from Multirotortech the other day, once those are balanced, I'll get some video for you all up (before I go X8 with it).
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:33 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
I do really like the way it feels when flying in manual with alt and atti hold, very smooth.
In GPS hover mode, with 7 or more sats, she really parks in the sky.

Its just some of the little firmware tweaks that need to be fleshed out that, when done, will make the YS a really great controller.

Its early in its life..there's only room for improvement in the code.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:59 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
GCS and Firmware explanation

I have been in contact with ZeroUAV and they said I can post it here. I have been told this:

"The firmware for Gothelirc is to release its altitude&speed limitation. At the beginning we sent the YS-X6 to U.S.&AU. with alttitude and speed limitation in case that their laws request the limitation.

Most customers need no alttitde and speed limitation except AU., so we did a firmware especially for those units.

But all YS-X6 after U.S & AU. are coming with no alttitude & speed limitation, and those who need the limitation can contact us to get a free firmware to limit it whenever needed."

The latest firmware and GCS for use by people outside of the USA and Australia is on my website http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=671 and a list of Vendors is here http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=954

Rob
Old Jun 20, 2012, 03:48 AM
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I have been in contact with ZeroUAV and they said I can post it here. I have been told this:

"The firmware for Gothelirc is to release its altitude&speed limitation. At the beginning we sent the YS-X6 to U.S.&AU. with alttitude and speed limitation in case that their laws request the limitation.

Most customers need no alttitde and speed limitation except AU., so we did a firmware especially for those units.

But all YS-X6 after U.S & AU. are coming with no alttitude & speed limitation, and those who need the limitation can contact us to get a free firmware to limit it whenever needed."

The latest firmware and GCS for use by people outside of the USA and Australia is on my website http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=671 and a list of Vendors is here http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=954

Rob
All the kits that we sell to our customers come with the same feature set as the ones other dealers sell. I have just been informed by Zerouav that the kit they shipped for US customers did initially have certain restrictions. The kits that we have shipped so far doesnt have specific restrictions other than whatever is limited in the standard feature set of the kits. We have not heard anything from our customers in Australia experiencing the kind of restrictions that US customers are having. Thus there is no need for our customers to reflash the kit by using gothelirc's firmware.
multirotortech is offline Find More Posts by multirotortech
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:49 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multirotortech View Post
All the kits that we sell to our customers come with the same feature set as the ones other dealers sell. I have just been informed by Zerouav that the kit they shipped for US customers did initially have certain restrictions. The kits that we have shipped so far doesnt have specific restrictions other than whatever is limited in the standard feature set of the kits. We have not heard anything from our customers in Australia experiencing the kind of restrictions that US customers are having. Thus there is no need for our customers to reflash the kit by using gothelirc's firmware.
I think that ZeroUAV are only trying to comply with the specific Country laws and making sure the Vendor does not break any law.

By the way, what I quoted was an almost (English changed slightly) exact copy of what they told me and they agreed that I could post it.

Rob
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
hoping to see some improved gimbal control settings soon.
Looks like the Skyline gimbal controller is having some teething pains right now
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 21, 2012 at 01:35 AM.