Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:27 AM
Registered User
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
It was about 4 hours job to set all up and all seems to be working. I'll wait if it calms a little later tonight to make maiden with F550. Just few questions left:
Can someone explain what does Broke rod and Protection settings? I'm using S-Bus but Remote Control Mode seems to switch always back to adaptive. Also what is magnet Num in data sheet, should i put there something?

Kari
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:32 AM
http://gothelirc.com/
GotHeliRC's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
612 Posts
Uh oh!

It seem that the YS is on a lock down that was due to the after June15th unlimited trial thing.

So I think this is why JDreitman waypoint didn't work (possible more than 100meters radius or more then 4 points). Somehow the speed now is limited as well, the speed is not suppose to be limited. I will let them know so this can be fix quickly.

Hold tight!
GotHeliRC is offline Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
@gotheliRC
Can you ask them also to fix the PC GCS so that the last map location will
be cached and displayed when no internet connection and make sure does not hang without internet connection?
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:17 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
GotHeliRC's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrotor_rg686 View Post
@gotheliRC
Can you ask them also to fix the PC GCS so that the last map location will
be cached and displayed when no internet connection and make sure does not hang without internet connection?
There's a red flag icon on the top menu tap. If you flag a location, it will remember that part of the map.
GotHeliRC is offline Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
There's a red flag icon on the top menu tap. If you flag a location, it will remember that part of the map.
I don't think it will save that part of the map though like the android app.
If you don't have internet connection the PC GCS just hangs. Maybe I need to wait longer? I dont know.
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:47 PM
Registered User
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
It was about 4 hours job to set all up and all seems to be working. I'll wait if it calms a little later tonight to make maiden with F550. Just few questions left:
Can someone explain what does Broke rod and Protection settings? I'm using S-Bus but Remote Control Mode seems to switch always back to adaptive. Also what is magnet Num in data sheet, should i put there something?

Kari
GotHeliRC, can you or someone please help with these? Also can someone explain how to set failsafe with Futaba. Flight mode does not change to back landing if i turn tx off.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:37 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
GotHeliRC's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
612 Posts
Broken Rod: default is enable, this is the V stick for throttle arming, diable this remove the safety. (this is what they said,but I think I have tried it and it didn't remove the arm requirement)

Protection: 5 seconds disarm, disable this will disable automatic disarm.

As for the fail safe, it should be set on your receiver/tx it have nothing to do with the YS. You have to set your RX so what if it loose signal, what position for all the channel it will output. Refer to your receiver/transmitter manual.
GotHeliRC is offline Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:13 PM
Registered User
Reginak's Avatar
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
I think my YAW problem has to be the ESC calibration.

I calibrated the ESCs one by one (SimonK) and I get the beep (throttle up) and beep beep (throttle down) that means everything worked.

But when I try what fajar wrote here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=853 or the stick movement way (to arm) I can't get the "beep" (up) or the "beep beep" (down) from the ESCs. I tried many times and couldn't get this to work. Why?

What i'm doing wrong? (the throttle travel is standard and its not trimmed also)
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:17 PM
Registered User
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
Broken Rod: default is enable, this is the V stick for throttle arming, diable this remove the safety. (this is what they said,but I think I have tried it and it didn't remove the arm requirement)

Protection: 5 seconds disarm, disable this will disable automatic disarm.

As for the fail safe, it should be set on your receiver/tx it have nothing to do with the YS. You have to set your RX so what if it loose signal, what position for all the channel it will output. Refer to your receiver/transmitter manual.
Thanks GotHeliRC, didn't see any difference in arming switching on and off Broke Rod setting. So F/S should be fine by default for my T8FG then, i just waited some kind of indication of rth (or rtc) to flight mode screen after switching tx off.

First flights behind and all good so far. After tweaking R/P and atti sensitivity down a bit it flies quite well. I added motion compensation to 110 and it smoothened a bit, but still little twitchy reactions to controls. What kind of gain settings you are having for your setups? I have F550 with 9X5 graupners and flashed esc:s, i think i will swap YS to Cinestar later this week.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:22 PM
Registered User
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
I think my YAW problem has to be the ESC calibration.

I calibrated the ESCs one by one (SimonK) and I get the beep (throttle up) and beep beep (throttle down) that means everything worked.

But when I try what fajar wrote here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=853 or the stick movement way (to arm) I can't get the "beep" (up) or the "beep beep" (down) from the ESCs. I tried many times and couldn't get this to work. Why?

What i'm doing wrong? (the throttle travel is standard and its not trimmed also)
I guess you have tried it already but i had to do it via Installation guide wizard in iPhone app, and go to setting mode and then do arming procedure before setting throttle to up position. Other than that didn't work for me.
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:22 PM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
Uh oh!

It seem that the YS is on a lock down that was due to the after June15th unlimited trial thing.

So I think this is why JDreitman waypoint didn't work (possible more than 100meters radius or more then 4 points). Somehow the speed now is limited as well, the speed is not suppose to be limited. I will let them know so this can be fix quickly.

Hold tight!
interested to know what they say, because I sure can't change my speed now.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:29 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
GotHeliRC's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
I guess you have tried it already but i had to do it via Installation guide wizard in iPhone app, and go to setting mode and then do arming procedure before setting throttle to up position. Other than that didn't work for me.
I think the biggest issue with throttle calibration is first you need to understand that the YS have throttle block... Unless you do the combination stick (rudder left, throttle low and aileron right, elevator back... then full throttle). It will never go full throttle, so your esc will never recognize that it's suppose to do throttle calibration. The other thing is look under data to see if your Throttle low value if 7 or believe, sometime your esc will not see that as a low enough value to arm itself. So adjust your Throttle travel in your radio if nessesary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
interested to know what they say, because I sure can't change my speed now.
Yes, confirmed. I will keep you guys update.
GotHeliRC is offline Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:33 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,157 Posts
Gothelirc. Check your E-mails.
tc3wins is offline Find More Posts by tc3wins
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:21 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,157 Posts
has anyone else been having trouble getting ahold of gothelirc. I sent a few e-mails and tried calling but nothing.
tc3wins is offline Find More Posts by tc3wins
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:05 PM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
has anyone else been having trouble getting ahold of gothelirc. I sent a few e-mails and tried calling but nothing.
Nope, he responded to the group a few minutes before you posted a message to him
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion YS-X6 testing GotHeliRC Multirotor Talk 1200 Aug 08, 2013 09:23 AM
New Product Test video of YS-X6 Autopilot system pzhang Multirotor Talk 141 Jun 07, 2012 06:50 AM
Discussion New UAV System from Zero UAV alishanmao UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Apr 19, 2012 09:02 AM
New Product YS-X6:A coming new king in the multi rotor heli world yiny0730 Multirotor Talk 13 Mar 28, 2012 11:28 PM