HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined Feb 2009
563 Posts
The calibration i really touchy. It took me 2 hours the first time before i got it right.
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:57 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,217 Posts
ok I got the calibration done still got white light when doing vertival calibration, but everything went as it should. now another problem. I calibrated the radio I have balanced the props and motors etc. and I am about to throw this thing thru a wall. when I arm the motors and start up the copter starts shaking violently no matter what I do. again I have balanced everything. even tried another 2 sets of props. what is the next step with getting it to not vibrate. I even calibrated the esc's twice
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:24 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,217 Posts
the only way the vibrations kinda go away is if I calibrate the sticks every time I start it up. the vibrate state and the shake state are constantly in the red when the motors are started. and Like I said I balanced everything and the IMU is level and very secure.and to add to it. when I am in setting state, I can go full throttle with the motors and no vibration only when it is in normal mode. I also noticed that one to two of the motors are not starting at the same spped as the others. and I can hear vairations in the spped on startup. but I have calibrated everthing. but I did not calibrate the esc's thru the controller. as I have pulled the red wires from the esc's as instructed to.

I hope someone is on that can help or answer this soon.

thanks.
Last edited by tc3wins; Jun 16, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:04 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,217 Posts
tried everything again. and swapped props again balanced. I am getting nothing but wobble. I am about do nothing but problems with this., I truely feel I wasted 1000.00 on this system. I have stepped back collected my thoughts. gave it a few days etc. and unfortunaly everything I try doesn't work. yea I got the computer to work which is good, still no tablet or phone, I installed bluestacks got the app to work on the pc everthing is talking. no other flight controller has given me this much problems. so what is causing the super wobble and vibrations. If I can't get this thing sorted out sometime today I give up. it is unfortunate, as I am on line when everyone else is not. but after spending as much time as I have just getting this thing to fly. and even on the other frame. I got the super wobble. so I know it is not the props or motors. Please Please need some Help here.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
tried everything again. and swapped props again balanced. I am getting nothing but wobble. I am about do nothing but problems with this., I truely feel I wasted 1000.00 on this system. I have stepped back collected my thoughts. gave it a few days etc. and unfortunaly everything I try doesn't work. yea I got the computer to work which is good, still no tablet or phone, I installed bluestacks got the app to work on the pc everthing is talking. no other flight controller has given me this much problems. so what is causing the super wobble and vibrations. If I can't get this thing sorted out sometime today I give up. it is unfortunate, as I am on line when everyone else is not. but after spending as much time as I have just getting this thing to fly. and even on the other frame. I got the super wobble. so I know it is not the props or motors. Please Please need some Help here.
What version of firmware you're using? maybe something in your firmware is corrupted? Try to reflashed the firmware of your YS-X6 to the new firmware and make sure set the motion compensation to 80 as a starting point.
If I were you I will use a new model in my TX radio also to start clean and go from there.
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
the only way the vibrations kinda go away is if I calibrate the sticks every time I start it up. the vibrate state and the shake state are constantly in the red when the motors are started. and Like I said I balanced everything and the IMU is level and very secure.and to add to it. when I am in setting state, I can go full throttle with the motors and no vibration only when it is in normal mode. I also noticed that one to two of the motors are not starting at the same spped as the others. and I can hear vairations in the spped on startup. but I have calibrated everthing. but I did not calibrate the esc's thru the controller. as I have pulled the red wires from the esc's as instructed to.

I hope someone is on that can help or answer this soon.

thanks.
You don't need the red wire on your ESC to do YS-X6 controller calibration.
What you need to do is.
Note: make sure remove props first for safety.
1. Power on TX radio
2. Power on YS-X6 controller only. Don't power up your ESC/motor yet.
3. Put YS-X6 into "setting state" (click InitSetup) .
4. Set TX Radio to full throttle.
5.Plug in power to ESC/Motor.
6.Once you hear sound from ESC/Motor put TX radio to minimum throttle.
7.Click quitSetup to go back to manual. Done..
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
YAW question. When I take off in mode 2 (channel 5 position 2) I get a lot of yaw movement to the left (nose to the right, tail to the left) I already recalibrated my ESCs. I get some yaw movement when flying, always for the same direction.

Can someone tell me what I should look at to solve this?

Thanks
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:25 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,217 Posts
Ok guys did all that. and same thing. I tried the numbers from 80 all the way to 200. I tried to calibrate the esc's and with and with out the setup and yes powered everything seperatly. and it would not give me the beeps. it is horrible. I tried to make a video but you can't see the vibrations well in the video. I checked my props for being flat. I am not getting 2 prop klines when they are spinning which we all know is good. I am at a loss. I think I am just going to throw in the trash. I need some one that is going to walk me thru this over the phone. as I have tried eveything. 2 frames. several props, different motors. and diffretent settings. and none of this is working as it should
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:30 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Ok guys did all that. and same thing. I tried the numbers from 80 all the way to 200. I tried to calibrate the esc's and with and with out the setup and yes powered everything seperatly. and it would not give me the beeps. it is horrible. I tried to make a video but you can't see the vibrations well in the video. I checked my props for being flat. I am not getting 2 prop klines when they are spinning which we all know is good. I am at a loss. I think I am just going to throw in the trash. I need some one that is going to walk me thru this over the phone. as I have tried eveything. 2 frames. several props, different motors. and diffretent settings. and none of this is working as it should
Whats your trash address again lol
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:31 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,217 Posts
LOL. I will take it to the range with my 9mm then throw in the trash. seriously, I can't can't get any of this setup stuff with the esc's top work.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:48 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,217 Posts
Anyone out there that can call me on this stuff. the esc's will not calibrate with powering the stuff seperatly. right now I have the FC and the data radio powered that is it. it is showing on the pc. and I click initial setup, and move the throttle stick to full max and now plug in the esc's and then nothing happens. I get the one beep just as I plug in the battery. and then nothing. I move the throttle stick down and again nothing. this is honestly not good. 2 weeks and I still don't have a flying system. Please guys anyone I need to get this working today. I am super tired of it not working right. pm me and I will send you my # or something.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:42 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,217 Posts
I am sending the unit back to got helirc. I have tried everything. I have done everything that you guys have said. I have spent more money oin this then I wanted, and the wife is short of throwing me out of the house. I can't get anyone on the phone to help. except gotheli did tlak to me several times. I got the esc's to calibrate finally. but with 2 frames, several motors, several props. and all I get is violient wobble and can't get it to stop. sorry but It is official I am done with this YS-X6, I just threw away 1049.00 really leaves a bad taste. and this might be the end of my multicopter thing. I just don't have the will to mess with this stuff any more.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
I just did the throttle range calibration last night as I set up my X8; step number 3 and 7 are different from Xrotor's instructions. Here are the steps with my amendments:

Note: make sure to remove props first for safety.
1. Power on TX radio
2. Power on YS-X6 controller only. Don't power up your ESC/motor yet.
3. Put YS-X6 into "enable insurance". Confirm enable insurance.
4. Set TX Radio to full throttle.
5.Plug in power to ESC/Motor.
6.Once you hear sound from ESC/Motor put TX radio to minimum throttle.
7. You should hear esc beeping to confirm that throttle range calibration is successful. Restart power.

If that doesnt work, switch the order of step 3 with step 4.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:22 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,217 Posts
I have boxed everything up and I am sending it back. it has caused me to have alot of problems. when you put the unit on 2 seperate frames and try multible motors and props and esc's and all you get is constant shaking and wobble, there is something wrong. I got the esc's to calibrate, and got the computer to talk etc. but Gothelirc gave me some suggestions, etc. and none worked. so it is going back.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Dec 2007
169 Posts
tc3wins
How did you fix your PC wifi issue? What was wrong at the end?
After spending sometimes with you trying to figure it out I'd love to know.
Thanks
cougar2465 is offline Find More Posts by cougar2465