HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:36 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Anybody can tell me where the *Free Fly* Activity thread has gone?I can't find it, I'm ready to post a video and get the Data Link in half price and i can't find it now.
Parift is offline Find More Posts by Parift
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:38 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parift View Post
Anybody can tell me where the *Free Fly* Activity thread has gone?I can't find it, I'm ready to post a video and get the Data Link in half price and i can't find it now.
Here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703032
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2012, 05:49 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank.T View Post
You can see it if you connect the PCsoftware and it will pull up the serial number.
Yes,It also comes with your YS-X6 controller in box,a card with written number.And externalbox the "sn...." is the serial number.

By the way,YS-X6 *Free Fly* Activity thread is changed to "Forums--->Off-Topic-Discussion--->Other Websites" , the link is http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1703032&page=8, rewards are waiting for you guys, come on !
zerouav is offline Find More Posts by zerouav
Last edited by zerouav; Aug 06, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:56 PM
Registered User
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
285 Posts
Best ESCs for YS-X6

Hi all!

I am planning to buy a XS-Y6 and already got 6 Tiger motors 2814-10 and I would like to know which ESCs best suite the XS-Y6 and the motors. I already ordered from Hobbyking these ESCs http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15205 for later to reflash with Simon Kirby software. Is this the right approach, or is there a better solution?

In the standard version are mentioned these features:

- Click and go (limit 130ft diameter, can't repeat within 20secs)
- Target circling (circle around picked target for 10secs time, fixed radius of 20meters).

I do not understand well what they mean. The "- Click and go (limit 130ft diameter, can't repeat within 20secs)" means that if I click on Google map to go to a position that can not be more that about 43meters way and I must wait 20 seconds to allow repeat it again? Is this correct?

- The "Target circling (circle around picked target for 10secs time, fixed radius of 20meters). " means that the circle can not take longer than 10 seconds? If by any reason it takes longer than 10 seconds what happens?

If I want a bigger radius and more time do I have to buy the enhanced version?

Your advise and clarification about the above subjects is appreciated.

Thanks,
Manuel
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:20 AM
DVE
Registered User
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Hi all.

I saw YS-X6 on Hobbyking, price is $1033. Its not too low, but possible if its flying really good.
I don't understand, how many waypoints are included in the stock version, or I need to buy special upgrade for them? And are there any distance limitations?

Or, its like on Foxtech store: 200m and 4 waypoints? 4 WPs are ok for me, but 200m seems too low.

Tnx.
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Last edited by DVE; Aug 09, 2012 at 08:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:41 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Silva View Post
Hi all!

I am planning to buy a XS-Y6 and already got 6 Tiger motors 2814-10 and I would like to know which ESCs best suite the XS-Y6 and the motors. I already ordered from Hobbyking these ESCs http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15205 for later to reflash with Simon Kirby software. Is this the right approach, or is there a better solution?

In the standard version are mentioned these features:

- Click and go (limit 130ft diameter, can't repeat within 20secs)
- Target circling (circle around picked target for 10secs time, fixed radius of 20meters).

If I want a bigger radius and more time do I have to buy the enhanced version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVE View Post
I don't understand, how many waypoints are included in the stock version, or I need to buy special upgrade for them? And are there any distance limitations?

Or, its like on Foxtech store: 200m and 4 waypoints? 4 WPs are ok for me, but 200m seems too low.

Tnx.
The Basic version includes 4 waypoints within a 200m Diameter

Upgrade to Standard Version
Over and above the Basic Features:
1 One pair of 900MHz data link(Included)
2 Target Lock & Fly encircle (No limitation)
3 Click/Touch & Fly To Point (No limitation)
4 Auto-Navigation (16Waypoints + 1km diameter )


Upgrade to Enhanced Version
Over and above the Standard Version:
1. Auto-Navigation (50 Waypoints + no range limitation)

Hope that helps clarifying things.
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Aug 09, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:12 AM
DVE
Registered User
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Thanks a lot.

As I understand due to Foxtech prices:
1033$ - basic version
+400$ - basic to standard
+$488 - standard to enchanced

Its too much just for POI flight I'll better buy Autoquad or something like this.
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:34 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVE View Post
Thanks a lot.

As I understand due to Foxtech prices:
1033$ - basic version
+400$ - basic to standard
+$488 - standard to enchanced

Its too much just for POI flight I'll better buy Autoquad or something like this.
The $400 from Basic to Standard is without the 900Mhz data link

With the data link it is $599
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:35 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
Andre6553's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
I think its a rip off to pay for electronics and the charge more just to add more features. They want to be like car manufactures to let you pay for evry detail.
If they want to let you pay why not make a standard with 50 wp and an addvance with unlimited wp.
With all the new board like the autoquad comming along dont think dji and zerouav will have the market for much long. The autoquad does not have limitations on wp only down side is needs a little setup its not plug and play. And from frank here is more stable than ys x6 and almost half the price off the standard ys x6.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:59 PM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
I think its a rip off to pay for electronics and the charge more just to add more features. They want to be like car manufactures to let you pay for evry detail.
If they want to let you pay why not make a standard with 50 wp and an addvance with unlimited wp.
With all the new board like the autoquad comming along dont think dji and zerouav will have the market for much long. The autoquad does not have limitations on wp only down side is needs a little setup its not plug and play. And from frank here is more stable than ys x6 and almost half the price off the standard ys x6.
Hi Andre.....The YS-X6 system will suit a lot people. Not everyone has the time or the inclination to fiddle around with settings, to get it to work, which is what is needed with the Autoquad. I have also heard a lot about how good the Autoquad is, but many of the people I deal with battle with simple electronics, and settings, so the Autoquad will not suit them. Then you will get others who enjoy making some things work. and they will like the Autoquad.

I know I do not need more than 4 waypoints. Plus, can you imagine having 16 waypoints, or more. For fun, it is great to watch the multirotor move from one to the next, but by the time you have gone through all of them your batteries will be flat. And anyway, I like to see where I am flying, so the basic system with 200m diameter is enough for me.

Each to his own

Cheers
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:01 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
I think its a rip off to pay for electronics and the charge more just to add more features. They want to be like car manufactures to let you pay for evry detail.
If they want to let you pay why not make a standard with 50 wp and an addvance with unlimited wp.
With all the new board like the autoquad comming along dont think dji and zerouav will have the market for much long. The autoquad does not have limitations on wp only down side is needs a little setup its not plug and play. And from frank here is more stable than ys x6 and almost half the price off the standard ys x6.
It's classic disruptive innovation. In this case cheaper autopilots that start to perform at a level comparable to high end, forcing the high end products to either innovate or lower the price range. WKM and YS-X6 are actually already cheap disruptive innovation compared to what was available a couple of years ago. And now open-source/hardware is starting a new wave of disruptive innovation all over again.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:26 PM
DVE
Registered User
Russian Federation, Sankt-Petersburg, SPB
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I know I do not need more than 4 waypoints. Plus, can you imagine having 16 waypoints, or more. For fun, it is great to watch the multirotor move from one to the next, but by the time you have gone through all of them your batteries will be flat. And anyway, I like to see where I am flying, so the basic system with 200m diameter is enough for me
It depends on the tasks.

I'm flying for fun, its not my job. 4 points is enough, but 200m is too low - its interesting to test long distance flight, make photos from high altitude, etc.

200m can be used without any waypoints - with the bright LEDs on the quad frame

I was ready to buy this controller, but additional 800$ for unlimited waypoints range is too overpriced for me.
DVE is offline Find More Posts by DVE
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:22 PM
Registered User
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Is it true that you can't set or change any parameters unless a receiver is connected and bound to a transmitter? I haven't connected my radio equipment yet, and I hoping that's why I can't enter any settings. I know I'm connected because I can see the IMU data changing as I move it around.

Also, today I received a battery operated pocket router: http://www.zoomtel.com/products/4506.html. I had thought about trying mobile hotspot on my phone, but I decided that it wouldn't have the range of a bona fide router. So instead I have tethered my phone to the router via usb to get 4G internet access and I have the router's 300 meter range to play with. I'm sure the real life range is far less than 300 meters, and I have no idea what kind of range the YS-X6 transmitter has.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:09 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
There is firmware dated 20120802 in your website, what's changed to 20120723 version?
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:25 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
Andre6553's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
I hope the competition get very tuff so that zerouav and others will be force to bring more futures without the hevy price penalty.
Autoquad is in beta stage and will only getting better and openpilot will also bring out i believe a great product with the revolution. Op will also suport fix wing.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:22 AM
uavservices on MRF
saabguyspg's Avatar
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,952 Posts
I will believe it when I see it.... OP is vaporware in the sense that it's impossibe to get it... and has been for years, autoquad is untested and unproven an unknown.

We are a long way off any sort of real competition here.

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 03:53 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
Is it true that you can't set or change any parameters unless a receiver is connected and bound to a transmitter? I haven't connected my radio equipment yet, and I hoping that's why I can't enter any settings. I know I'm connected because I can see the IMU data changing as I move it around.

Also, today I received a battery operated pocket router: http://www.zoomtel.com/products/4506.html. I had thought about trying mobile hotspot on my phone, but I decided that it wouldn't have the range of a bona fide router. So instead I have tethered my phone to the router via usb to get 4G internet access and I have the router's 300 meter range to play with. I'm sure the real life range is far less than 300 meters, and I have no idea what kind of range the YS-X6 transmitter has.

Russ
If you have no reciever connected the 'stick' positions could be jumping all over the place.
It could be affecting your ability to enter settings.


My max range so far on wifi has been 280m
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=120
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:25 PM
Registered User
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
285 Posts
Waypoints

Rob,
Quote:

I know I do not need more than 4 waypoints. Plus, can you imagine having 16 waypoints, or more. For fun, it is great to watch the multirotor move from one to the next, but by the time you have gone through all of them your batteries will be flat. And anyway, I like to see where I am flying, so the basic system with 200m diameter is enough for me.


4 waypoints aren't much, and the battery doesn't go flat at the end of them, it will depend on the distance between the waypoints. Let's say if you want to follow over a small river or a mountain track, even for a small distance, you will need more than 4 waypoints.

There are 2 other features that have a lot of limitations. The features I am speaking about are:

- Click and go (limit 130ft diameter, can't repeat within 20secs), 130 ft are about 43 meters, this is almost nothing and to make another click and go we must wait 20 seconds(we make a "Click and go" wait "Click and go" wait), doesn't make sense.

- Target circling (circle around picked target for 10secs time, fixed radius of 20meters). Does the multicopter finish the circle within 10 secs?

These features with the limitation they have are like candy for a baby. It is just to say they have the features but they are almost useless.

I may (I want to buy a multirotor) buy a YS-X6, but, I am waiting to see if more features are implemented or extended.

Cheers,
Manuel
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:42 PM
Wish i was a flight pack
TNTJET's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Bass Hill
Joined Jan 2012
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Silva View Post
Rob,




4 waypoints aren't much, and the battery doesn't go flat at the end of them, it will depend on the distance between the waypoints. Let's say if you want to follow over a small river or a mountain track, even for a small distance, you will need more than 4 waypoints.

There are 2 other features that have a lot of limitations. The features I am speaking about are:

- Click and go (limit 130ft diameter, can't repeat within 20secs), 130 ft are about 43 meters, this is almost nothing and to make another click and go we must wait 20 seconds(we make a "Click and go" wait "Click and go" wait), doesn't make sense.

- Target circling (circle around picked target for 10secs time, fixed radius of 20meters). Does the multicopter finish the circle within 10 secs?

These features with the limitation they have are like candy for a baby. It is just to say they have the features but they are almost useless.

I may (I want to buy a multirotor) buy a YS-X6, but, I am waiting to see if more features are implemented or extended.

Cheers,
Manuel
You could buy a Wookong and get none of the above for the same price and if you spend $450 extra you get 1 waypoint free
TNTJET is offline Find More Posts by TNTJET
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by TNTJET; Aug 11, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:32 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
And no GCS as standard on the WK.
That has been real useful so far.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:34 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Unable to enter settings mode

Installing for the first time. Have searched and cannot find the answer.

I select init settings, then check the data screen and I am not in settings mode. I have also checked that I am in manual mode (channel 5 position 1).

Any assistance much appreciated.
perryrace is offline Find More Posts by perryrace
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:13 AM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
What device are you using?
Can you see values changing to confirm you have a valid connection?
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 03:20 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Silva View Post
Rob,




4 waypoints aren't much, and the battery doesn't go flat at the end of them, it will depend on the distance between the waypoints. Let's say if you want to follow over a small river or a mountain track, even for a small distance, you will need more than 4 waypoints.

There are 2 other features that have a lot of limitations. The features I am speaking about are:

- Click and go (limit 130ft diameter, can't repeat within 20secs), 130 ft are about 43 meters, this is almost nothing and to make another click and go we must wait 20 seconds(we make a "Click and go" wait "Click and go" wait), doesn't make sense.

- Target circling (circle around picked target for 10secs time, fixed radius of 20meters). Does the multicopter finish the circle within 10 secs?

These features with the limitation they have are like candy for a baby. It is just to say they have the features but they are almost useless.

I may (I want to buy a multirotor) buy a YS-X6, but, I am waiting to see if more features are implemented or extended.

Cheers,
Manuel
As You, these restrictions are not number one. They must change it.
pepere is offline Find More Posts by pepere
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:55 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
I am able to see values change on PC and on IPAD while in GCS. I am able to change settings except those values that require to be in settings mode. ( in my case esc type needs to be changed).
perryrace is offline Find More Posts by perryrace
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Got it throttle also has to be at zero on trans to enter init setting mode.
perryrace is offline Find More Posts by perryrace
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:20 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
OK I am now stuck.

I have done the following:

YS-X6 on xaircraft V8 with stock esc' and motors.

Updated firmware, setup wifi and data modem, calibrated radio (futaba), zeroed out GPS, calibrated compass ( not perfect circles but close.)

I have attempted to calibrate the ESC's and have followed all of the posted howto's. They do not beep.

I can lift off the quad and then it yaws hard right. The only thing I can think of it is esc calibration. Help?
perryrace is offline Find More Posts by perryrace
Last edited by perryrace; Aug 12, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
got er working! whew!
squamish_chief is offline Find More Posts by squamish_chief
Last edited by squamish_chief; Aug 12, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:44 PM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryrace View Post
OK I am now stuck.

I have done the following:

YS-X6 on xaircraft V8 with stock esc' and motors.

Updated firmware, setup wifi and data modem, calibrated radio (futaba), zeroed out GPS, calibrated compass ( not perfect circles but close.

I have attempted to calibrate the ESC's and have followed all of the posted howto's. They do not beep.

I can lift off the quad and then it yaws hard right. The only thing I can think of it is esc calibration. Help?
I had the same problem, then I used the install guide on the settings tab, and just followed the instructions. Works like a charm.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
I do not have "install guide" on the settings tab. I have seen it in posts but the iPhone app (latested version from gothelirc) just doesn't have this button. I am running on an iPad.

My PC GCR software also does not have this button, pull down etc.
perryrace is offline Find More Posts by perryrace
Last edited by perryrace; Aug 12, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:19 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryrace View Post
OK I am now stuck.

I have done the following:

YS-X6 on xaircraft V8 with stock esc' and motors.

Updated firmware, setup wifi and data modem, calibrated radio (futaba), zeroed out GPS, calibrated compass ( not perfect circles but close.

I have attempted to calibrate the ESC's and have followed all of the posted howto's. They do not beep.

I can lift off the quad and then it yaws hard right. The only thing I can think of it is esc calibration. Help?
Calibrating ESC end-points:

1. REMOVE PROPELLERS!!!
2. Power up YS-X6 system only (no power to ESC's).
3. Press "Init Setup" in the GCS. This will disable stabilization, making all ESC signals the same when you apply throttle.
4. Do the inverted "V" with the radio sticks to arm motors and then apply full throttle.
5. REMOVE PROPELLERS!!!
6. Apply power to the ESC's.
7. Wait for the motors to make the end-point set beep instead of the normal arming sound.
8. Quickly pull down throttle to zero. ESC should now make normal arming sound and have new end-points set.
9. Either remove power and restart the system or press "Quit Setup" in the GCS to reactivate stabilization before flying.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
I have done this several times, I have also tried doing it in "setup mode" per other posts. Never hear a beep.
perryrace is offline Find More Posts by perryrace
Last edited by perryrace; Aug 12, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:27 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryrace View Post
I have done this several times, I have also tried doing it in "setup mode" per other posts. New hear a beep.
Check the servo positions in the GCS to confirm that you have armed and are applying full throttle, before powering up the ESC's.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:59 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Yes saw this in earlier posts too, Low throttle is at 0-1 high throttle is at 100.

Do XA ESC beep?
perryrace is offline Find More Posts by perryrace
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:01 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Tried to load previous version of IOS app, thinking maybe this was Reason there is no setup menu option. Have changed permissions in all files to 755. App does not open. There is nothing easy about this FC install. Lack of documentation, inconsistent software (between OS versions) and a thread that takes days to read make all of this a major investment in time and frustration.

I am not giving up yet but am getting close.
perryrace is offline Find More Posts by perryrace
Last edited by perryrace; Aug 12, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:59 AM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Hello
I
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
Last edited by laverre; Aug 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:50 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
All issues solved.

In short I cheated.

Did 3 things. 1) bought a dji 550 ARF and put the FC on it. 2) borrowed an android tablet and used it for setup, BIG difference. 3) Asked V from gothelirc for help. Talk about support.

Had immediate sucess.

Needs some tuning as GPS hold toilet bowls. If anyone has parameter setting recommendations, these would be appreciated.
perryrace is offline Find More Posts by perryrace
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:07 AM
Registered User
koleos's Avatar
Italy, Apulia, FG
Joined Dec 2011
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
Ouch! No no no... if you look at the wiring from the manual, it does not say to power the receiver separately. I hope that the connection from your receiver to the MC is only signal wire for now, if not, that can cause a lot of conflict between two different power source.

The MC should have powered your receiver. Here's how I wire mine.

4s lipo go into MC.
Throttle: 3 wires going to MC (this will feed power to Receiver)
Aileron, Elv, Rud, ect... : just signal wire going to MC
Hello Gotheli. So you're saying only connect the signal cable between the receiver and fc and connect only to the position of the three cable with three wires (white, red, black). But this can also be done to connect the engine between the M1 and M8, ie only colegare signal cable from the ESC, is this correct?
koleos is offline Find More Posts by koleos
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:13 PM
Registered User
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koleos View Post
Hello Gotheli. So you're saying only connect the signal cable between the receiver and fc and connect only to the position of the three cable with three wires (white, red, black). But this can also be done to connect the engine between the M1 and M8, ie only colegare signal cable from the ESC, is this correct?
I understand the part about connecting the esc's without the red positive wire - that is standard. But removing the power wires from the receiver - that's a new one on me. There is only one power source - that from the FC. I have a number of multicopters, and the receiver always gets its power from the FC, either via a UBEC or a single esc, and I've never seen anything that says anything about removing the red wires from the receiver to FC. Am I wrong about this? Why wouldn't ZeroUAV give us customized cables instead of standard male to male servo cables? Why wouldn't they mention this in the manual or the quick start guide?

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:39 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
GotHeliRC's Avatar
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
612 Posts
You can leave all of the wires from RX to YS. But I choose to elimiated them to make it look nice and clean... 1 cable is enough to power the RX.
GotHeliRC is offline Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:46 PM
Registered User
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
You can leave all of the wires from RX to YS. But I choose to elimiated them to make it look nice and clean... 1 cable is enough to power the RX.
Thanks for answering that for me.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:35 AM
Registered User
koleos's Avatar
Italy, Apulia, FG
Joined Dec 2011
157 Posts
Ramp Hello, you rightly Gotheli, just leave a thread only to give power to the receiver, I did this it on another system, but here I wanted to be sure I was not wrong. Even for regulators is the same thing just connect one cable signal, so the link cleaner on your machine. If you think only the power is not needed here only three cables you use these only to give power to the servants of the gimbal. greetings
Koleos
koleos is offline Find More Posts by koleos
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
36 Posts
eladberger is offline Find More Posts by eladberger
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:27 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
SOLVED.. Thanks Cryhavoc.. SORRY to plug the flow - confusion over the manual words, and the software had me confused!

Hi All. Having a few issues in setting the 3 way switching. I have chl 5 / 6 setup for changing my flight modes. I am able to get the software to show (Auto hover, Auto navigate, and return home) on my 6 position when activated, but on my 5 switch I cannot get the ground control to show anything in position 1 or 2 other than "manual" Position one I am getting no red blink, position 2 I am getting blue blinking, position 3 activates the channel 6 3 way switch and green blink lights.
I have tried adjusting my end points, but cannot seem to get the 2 settings out of "manual" on the 5 switch. Any suggestions? Am I missing something?
Using Futaba T8FG with SBUS. ( sa and se as my 3 ways)

The heli and ground control are showing full connection and info exchange.
Thanks
Jeff
squamish_chief is offline Find More Posts by squamish_chief
Last edited by squamish_chief; Aug 16, 2012 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:43 PM
Registered User
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squamish_chief View Post
SOLVED.. Thanks Cryhavoc.. SORRY to plug the flow - confusion over the manual words, and the software had me confused!

Hi All. Having a few issues in setting the 3 way switching. I have chl 5 / 6 setup for changing my flight modes. I am able to get the software to show (Auto hover, Auto navigate, and return home) on my 6 position when activated, but on my 5 switch I cannot get the ground control to show anything in position 1 or 2 other than "manual" Position one I am getting no red blink, position 2 I am getting blue blinking, position 3 activates the channel 6 3 way switch and green blink lights.
I have tried adjusting my end points, but cannot seem to get the 2 settings out of "manual" on the 5 switch. Any suggestions? Am I missing something?
Using Futaba T8FG with SBUS. ( sa and se as my 3 ways)

The heli and ground control are showing full connection and info exchange.
Thanks
Jeff
I've noticed the same thing with my channel 5 switch, first two positions stay on "manual" I don't remember what the LED was doing. I haven't really looked in to it yet.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:43 PM
Registered User
Salocin's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
I've noticed the same thing with my channel 5 switch, first two positions stay on "manual" I don't remember what the LED was doing. I haven't really looked in to it yet.

Russ
Ch 5, position 1 & 2 (manual and baro manual) Show the same in GCS. The only difference in performance is it will auto altitude and it will wind up slow. I suggest until you get used to the feature, take off in manual 1. I really think that manual 2 is not that useful since you get better performance from Ch5 position 3 and Auto hover mode. That's just me.
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:00 PM
Registered User
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin View Post
Ch 5, position 1 & 2 (manual and baro manual) Show the same in GCS. The only difference in performance is it will auto altitude and it will wind up slow. I suggest until you get used to the feature, take off in manual 1. I really think that manual 2 is not that useful since you get better performance from Ch5 position 3 and Auto hover mode. That's just me.
Thanks for the info.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:34 AM
Registered User
Salocin's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
597 Posts
Is this calibration going to work?
I have done many times but the blue circle is absent.
thanx
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Last edited by Salocin; Aug 18, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:00 AM
Wish i was a flight pack
TNTJET's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Bass Hill
Joined Jan 2012
332 Posts
Nic did you move to maroubra? next alias please.
TNTJET is offline Find More Posts by TNTJET
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Stuff
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:39 AM
Registered User
Salocin's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTJET View Post
did you move to maroubra? next alias please.
Bra boy.
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Last edited by Salocin; Aug 18, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:05 PM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin View Post
Is this calibration going to work?
I have done many times but the blue circle is absent.
thanx
I wouldn't use it like that. Why can't you get the blue circle showing?
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion YS-X6 testing GotHeliRC Multirotor Talk 1200 Aug 08, 2013 09:23 AM
New Product Test video of YS-X6 Autopilot system pzhang Multirotor Talk 141 Jun 07, 2012 06:50 AM
Discussion New UAV System from Zero UAV alishanmao UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Apr 19, 2012 09:02 AM
New Product YS-X6:A coming new king in the multi rotor heli world yiny0730 Multirotor Talk 13 Mar 28, 2012 11:28 PM