Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 30, 2012, 05:44 AM
Wish i was a flight pack
Australia, NSW, Bass Hill
Joined Jan 2012
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexcopterFPV View Post
1) Assuming battery is not the issue. Satellite GPS not an issue. Can I instruct YS-X6 to execute 1-way trip as per previous example and do auto-landing? *ignoring the live-telemetry.

2) Can we have multiple tablet viewing the same info? What I'm trying to ask is, person A initiate autopilot-waypoint via WIFI, after certain range, person A loses live-telemetry. Will YS-X6 able to continue flying towards waypoint-B??? Then person B, with radio-TX and tablet waiting for hexcopter to come in range and re-gain live-telemetry & switching to manual mode control. Is that possible?
1 =yes 2 is yes you can share info on two tablets but point b must be within router wifi range . N0 i wouldn't rely on 2nd gcs to acquire info on route to waypoint b if out of router range with its own wifi hotspot enabled, as gcs becomes unstable if not initiated properly but willing to try it for you if you can wait till the weekend.
TNTJET is offline Find More Posts by TNTJET
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Stuff
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 05:59 AM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrotor_rg686 View Post
I think you need to be in "settings state" for the MAG calibration to work correctly.
Did you verify that you are in the "settings state" when you did the mag calibration?
I think the blue LED is just an indication how level is your multi to the axis your calibrating to if your off too much the LED will turn off . A quick test you can do is set your multirotor in a level place like a table and click "init setup" then click "magnetic compass" then select "horizontal alignment " then click "OK". The blue LED should light up.
Thank you for your tip.

I tried it but no luck, all the same I gonna return the unit.

Luckily I am tomorrow for a couple of days in New York so I can send it from there.

//Frank
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Old May 30, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Before you go into all that trouble why don't you try a firmware update? It only takes 1 minute. Then you will know for sure if the unit is not working.
The firmware seems to be matched with the GS application so be sure that you are running a matched pair.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old May 30, 2012, 09:53 AM
http://gothelirc.com/
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
613 Posts
Frank,

From the video you have sent, your gyro/attitude value is above 15-17 steady. Either it mean that the aircraft is not level or the gyro need to be zero out.

If those values is not under 3, it will trigger safe mode and won't do anything.
GotHeliRC is offline Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Old May 30, 2012, 11:34 AM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
Frank,

From the video you have sent, your gyro/attitude value is above 15-17 steady. Either it mean that the aircraft is not level or the gyro need to be zero out.

If those values is not under 3, it will trigger safe mode and won't do anything.
Well apparently I did not tried everything

What I did wrong was: to Zero the Gyro I selected "Init Setup" and than Zero Gyro.

If you do that you see the normal state, "Zero gyro", in the Data Tab but it will never reach '0' zero.

So I tried it again without going first to "Init Setup" and it worked.

Thank you GotHeliRC, to pointed that out to me!

Even I am in Europe I should say that GotHeliRC has a great support. I wrote a ton's of emails and every one is answered with solutions and tips. Even a phone call to help me with the final setup!

GREAT !!!

//Frank
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Old May 30, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTJET View Post
1 =yes 2 is yes you can share info on two tablets but point b must be within router wifi range . N0 i wouldn't rely on 2nd gcs to acquire info on route to waypoint b if out of router range with its own wifi hotspot enabled, as gcs becomes unstable if not initiated properly but willing to try it for you if you can wait till the weekend.
TNTJet... that would be lovely. I'll sure wait for your experimental result. Hoping to hear great news from you. Appreciate it
HexcopterFPV is offline Find More Posts by HexcopterFPV
Old May 30, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Hello guys, where can I buy hexacopter parts? I need a reliable seller that are willing to ship to asian country. I'm trying to DIY build a big hexacopter (as big as DJI S800 version or slightly bigger). The unfortunate thing is, I can only get/obtain hexacopter carbon fiber plates from USA, and also most of the parts. Whom can U refer me to?

The YS-X6, I would get it from Hong Kong supposedly. And gonna use scorpion motors + ESC. Is YS-X6 system able to suppose the scorpion ESC?
HexcopterFPV is offline Find More Posts by HexcopterFPV
Old May 30, 2012, 04:24 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
788 Posts
Have a look at 468.com, they have a nice and cheap big frame, look for the HD version (for Heavy Duty).
helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old May 30, 2012, 04:38 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Why is this FC so BIG?
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 30, 2012, 04:39 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,958 Posts
because it has the proper number of inputs and outputs...
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old May 30, 2012, 04:43 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
because it has the proper number of inputs and outputs...
That thing is twice the size of any FC I have ever seen. I am not saying it is bad, I think it's great. I wish I had the time and money to try it out, it is just very big.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Old May 30, 2012, 04:45 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,958 Posts
it will be tough to put on a quad... but for a quad I can use a small controller...

yes it's big.. but on a hex or larger it's no problem.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old May 30, 2012, 04:52 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
it will be tough to put on a quad... but for a quad I can use a small controller...

yes it's big.. but on a hex or larger it's no problem.
I mounted YS-X6 on F-450 frame, no problem.

No problem, too with X650 frame. Here's a joystick video with quad frame.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
Why is this FC so BIG?
I thought that also, but when I got it, it didn't look half as big as in the photos.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338415305.389306.jpg
Views: 98
Size: 58.3 KB
Description:
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Old May 30, 2012, 05:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexcopterFPV View Post
1) Assuming battery is not the issue. Satellite GPS not an issue. Can I instruct YS-X6 to execute 1-way trip as per previous example and do auto-landing? *ignoring the live-telemetry.

2) Can we have multiple tablet viewing the same info? What I'm trying to ask is, person A initiate autopilot-waypoint via WIFI, after certain range, person A loses live-telemetry. Will YS-X6 able to continue flying towards waypoint-B??? Then person B, with radio-TX and tablet waiting for hexcopter to come in range and re-gain live-telemetry & switching to manual mode control. Is that possible?
Get 2 rackets and a ball... Anyone for tennis? That would be a good feature.

It would be good to set autonomous flight via waypoints, upload to the YS system, and have the craft fly regardless of wifi range. It would complete the waypoints using only GPS coordinates and then RTH for auto landing. I don't see how that feature could not be enabled. Perhaps the YS cannot sore anything in memory? Perhaps it only transmits back to GCS live via wifi and the GCS assesses the next moves.
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke