HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2012, 10:08 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrotor_rg686 View Post
Hi Fajar;

Yes when I throttle up all the motors turn and also yes in acro mode.
alright, now check ESC and receiver mode in the parameters page. The manual v 1.2 says "JR Satellites;the current firmware does not support JR Satellites temporarily, but later firmware will support." Dont know for sure if thats the problem as I use futaba s.bus. Do you have other radio system to try?
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2012, 10:21 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
@fajar

I'm using normal ESC and normal receiver in the parameters page. I'm pretty sure my receiver is fine because I can see in the data tab that the unit is detecting my aileron,elevator,rudder,throttle channels signal correctly.
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Old May 28, 2012, 04:05 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
@fajar

I'm using normal ESC and normal receiver in the parameters page. I'm pretty sure my receiver is fine because I can see in the data tab that the unit is detecting my aileron,elevator,rudder,throttle channels signal correctly.
Quad, hexa and octo seems to be working well, keep us updated with your Y6.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:30 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
I tried to setup a Y6 configuration( aircaft type 7) this morning and it looks like the motor connection diagram for the Y6 in the manual is wrong. The motors are responding incorrectly when I operate the aileron or elevator during bench testing.
Have anybody successfully configured a Y6 Frame yet?
I posted my thoughts on this here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=952

IMO the layout of the motor numbers is incorrect and the motor mix should rotate counter-clockwise to the left by one arm so that the front is between motors 1,4 and 2,5 and not as shown between 2,5 and 3,6

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old May 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,906 Posts
Hi all I just got my test unit from Zero, I also have a YS09 from them (fixed wing uav)

If I am VERY happy with this I will be the canaidan distriubutor... but trust me I won't be distrubuting anythign unless it is very good... as in it has to be better than DJI.

First test will be on a massive octo with 14" props.

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old May 28, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Jul 2011
404 Posts
After 3 minutes, 14 satellites acquired while the craft was sitting in the bench outside.

Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old May 28, 2012, 08:43 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,906 Posts
nice what I love about this thread is there is no whining and crying... like the DJI thread... lets keep this professional guys!!!

thanks for all the posts up till now they are greatly appreciated.

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old May 28, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined May 2012
18 Posts
I just got mine on a bench test on my hex, locked 9 in about 2min, 6 above 5 meters, then locked 4,6,10,6...anything wrong here?????
Dadsgr8t is offline Find More Posts by Dadsgr8t
Old May 28, 2012, 09:36 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadsgr8t View Post
I just got mine on a bench test on my hex, locked 9 in about 2min, 6 above 5 meters, then locked 4,6,10,6...anything wrong here?????
Can you share a pic of your setup? That will give us some idea.
Old May 28, 2012, 09:46 PM
Spring warmth will soon arrive
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadsgr8t View Post
yes, lets see a pic of your YS installation
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old May 28, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Jul 2011
404 Posts
Can someone with the new firmware (the one that was made to solve the android app closing sometimes) test if using 20,57 as magnetic declination will close the app? I have to use 20 or 21 a round number, sometimes I get perfect PH and sometimes I get a small toillet bowl effect.

Thanks
Old May 28, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
Can someone with the new firmware (the one that was made to solve the android app closing sometimes) test if using 20,57 as magnetic declination will close the app? I have to use 20 or 21 a round number, sometimes I get perfect PH and sometimes I get a small toillet bowl effect.

Thanks
Sorry I can't use any of those numbers since I have to use neg dec, but if you get a tiny amount of TB with 6 or 7 sats, thats somewhat normal given that GPS in general isn't very accurate at the consumer level. 3 meters or so for consumer electronics..however, when I get 8 or more satellites, it really locks in and stays there.

At the field, I was flying adjacent to the background of the moon in the sky and my buddy remarked how it was just parked there and we used the moon as a fixed reference point.

If you lower your gains too low though, you will slow down the auto correction..
Old May 28, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined Jul 2011
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
If you lower your gains too low though, you will slow down the auto correction..
So thats my problem right now. I get at least 11 sats and got 14 today. But right now I have to use lower gains (30-40 for roll/tilt sensitivity and 40-50 for attitude sensitivity) and lower motion compensation. If I rise the gain to the default I get BIG vibrations.

Vibrations on Skyjib6 + AV200 + YS+X6 controller. (1 min 8 sec)

When it moves, the vibration goes away, but when I stpop....
Last edited by Reginak; May 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old May 29, 2012, 01:16 AM
Joined Mar 2007
8,007 Posts
you didn't answer my previous question about your vibration.

what does your telemetry show for the vibration readout at various points in your flight?
Old May 29, 2012, 02:27 AM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Anybody know if this would work with the GCS software? Looks like an awesome deal for an Android system with 7" screen at only $50! http://www.woot.com/offers/velocity-...m_medium=email
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman