HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2012, 02:55 AM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,045 Posts
took the copter to the field to hang with the buddies today.
Only flew it a few times using waypoint navi, and return to home.
A little unnerving at first, given that this is my first autonomous craft after using the Naza, multiwii and KK boards.

So what I found that I would prefer it be otherwise is that when you flip the switch for autoland/return to home, I do have full control of roll, pitch and yaw if I need manual control, but the craft is going to land even if you flip the switch back to auto hovering.

It sure sets down smooth as silk, but there will be occasions where I'd prefer to have full control back if I flip the switch back to normal flying.

Perhaps this could be something to think about with regards to a firmware update..ie if you flip ch6 switch pos three back to either 2 or one, you get full control of the throttle back.

just a thought.

oh, and for those of you who have played around with return to home/auto land.. I noticed mine will yaw to point north when instructed to autoland..I'm going to assume this is as intended?
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2012, 02:59 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
took the copter to the field to hang with the buddies today.
Only flew it a few times using waypoint navi, and return to home.
A little unnerving at first, given that this is my first autonomous craft after using the Naza, multiwii and KK boards.

So what I found that I would prefer it be otherwise is that when you flip the switch for autoland/return to home, I do have full control of roll, pitch and yaw if I need manual control, but the craft is going to land even if you flip the switch back to auto hovering.

It sure sets down smooth as silk, but there will be occasions where I'd prefer to have full control back if I flip the switch back to normal flying.

Perhaps this could be something to think about with regards to a firmware update..ie if you flip ch6 switch pos three back to either 2 or one, you get full control of the throttle back.

just a thought.

oh, and for those of you who have played around with return to home/auto land.. I noticed mine will yaw to point north when instructed to autoland..I'm going to assume this is as intended?
Flip your channel 5 switch to position 1, you'll regain full control of the craft. Just mind your throttle position when switching to manual.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 27, 2012, 03:22 AM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
Flip your channel 5 switch to position 1, you'll regain full control of the craft. Just mind your throttle position when switching to manual.
Ah thanks. I hadn't thought to try that. Thanks
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old May 27, 2012, 03:43 AM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Did anybody try the YS-X6 on a Y6 frame configuration yet?
xrotor_rg686 is offline Find More Posts by xrotor_rg686
Old May 27, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Has anyone used Follow Me or Circle Target (PTZ LOCK) I tried follow me, but only once and it didn't worked, must've missed something. The Circle Target I didn't try yet.

If you did try one of these, please share.
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old May 27, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Also looking to hear if anyone has tried the follow me feature yet.

I flew the craft earlier today and had a few "scares". twice I had to flip the switch to full manual because I thought I was going to lose control. I used a few waypoints successfully throughout the morning, but on one attempt it literally flew to the waypoint doing complete 360s as it went across the field!?!? I almost started running after it as I didn't think it would stop on the waypoint it was traveling to.

One thing to point out however... I have yet to calibrate the compass, so I guess you could say I'm "living on the edge" just a bit.
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old May 27, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
One thing to point out however... I have yet to calibrate the compass, so I guess you could say I'm "living on the edge" just a bit.
You're doing Waypoints without compass calibration?
Old May 27, 2012, 05:44 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
Has anyone used Follow Me or Circle Target (PTZ LOCK) I tried follow me, but only once and it didn't worked, must've missed something. The Circle Target I didn't try yet.

If you did try one of these, please share.
Tried circle thingy and it did work. Got it to fly in 20 meters radius. You make the copter to fly in a circle by moving the aileron stick to either direction.
Old May 27, 2012, 05:58 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
The real alieron from the TX? Or the ground station control?
And how do you get out of this mode? Changing to manual?

Thanks
Old May 27, 2012, 06:05 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
The real alieron from the TX? Or the ground station control?
And how do you get out of this mode? Changing to manual?

Thanks
Tx aileron. Yeah you can abort the flight by switching channel 5 to position 1. But I aborted mine by clicking return to home and auto land ("back landing") on the GCS.
Old May 27, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
I tried to setup a Y6 configuration( aircaft type 7) this morning and it looks like the motor connection diagram for the Y6 in the manual is wrong. The motors are responding incorrectly when I operate the aileron or elevator during bench testing.
Have anybody successfully configured a Y6 Frame yet?
Old May 27, 2012, 09:32 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrotor_rg686 View Post
I tried to setup a Y6 configuration( aircaft type 7) this morning and it looks like the motor connection diagram for the Y6 in the manual is wrong. The motors are responding incorrectly when I operate the aileron or elevator during bench testing.
Have anybody successfully configured a Y6 Frame yet?
what do you mean? have you checked all channels in the GS to make sure that they dont need reversing?
Old May 27, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
what do you mean? have you checked all channels in the GS to make sure that they dont need reversing?
yes I checked all the TX channels during calibration and its correct. I have to reverse everything because I'm using a JR radio. I even checked my motor connections.
What I mean by motor responding incorrectly is when I push elevator(nose down) motors 3 & 6 turns on. But that is wrong. From the diagram motors 1 & 4 should turn on. When I pull elevator (nose up) motors 1,4,2 & 5 turns on. But from the diagram it should be 3,6,2 & 5 should turn on.
Old May 27, 2012, 09:55 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrotor_rg686 View Post
yes I checked all the TX channels during calibration and its correct. I have to reverse everything because I'm using a JR radio. I even checked my motor connections.
What I mean by motor responding incorrectly is when I push elevator(nose down) motors 3 & 6 turns on. But that is wrong. From the diagram motors 1 & 4 should turn on. When I pull elevator (nose up) motors 1,4,2 & 5 turns on. But from the diagram it should be 3,6,2 & 5 should turn on.
When you throttle up, does all motors turn as they should? You need to use acro mode in the Tx.
Old May 27, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
When you throttle up, does all motors turn as they should? You need to use acro mode in the Tx.
Hi Fajar;

Yes when I throttle up all the motors turn and also yes in acro mode.
I was wondering if somebody successfully flew a Y6 multi yet.
All the video that I have seen is either a quad or a flat hex.
Last edited by xrotor_rg686; May 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM.