HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2012, 10:52 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,528 Posts
Finally got Bluestacks loaded on my netbook and installed the ap. Won't be able to play tomorrow but maybe Sunday. Hope you guys are around for some questions. It is nice to have so many people ahead of me that can help.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 10:58 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Finally got Bluestacks loaded on my netbook and installed the ap. Won't be able to play tomorrow but maybe Sunday. Hope you guys are around for some questions. It is nice to have so many people ahead of me that can help.
Ed -

Waiting for your flight report, Iím very close to getting one. I would have probably already done it if I didnít need a complete airframe also.. I guess it's only money
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2012, 12:51 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Can this electronics fly fix wing as well?
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old May 26, 2012, 01:19 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbee View Post
Website says,range is only restricted to WIFI range.
Anyone know what safe distance can be achieved with wifi????
Depends on the power of your wifi router. With a good range booster, you could get more than several hundred meters.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 26, 2012, 01:28 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
The battery operated router I posted before and one of this in WISP mode will have you covered for 200 - 300 meters.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/d...TL-WA5210G#fea
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old May 26, 2012, 01:34 AM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucross View Post
I just wanted to share that although I had my esc's individually calibrated, things didn't smooth out until I followed step 7 in the quick start guide about putting the GCS into settings mode and calibrating them all at once through the FC. I am not sure why there is a difference, but it was noticeable and my left side drifting went away when I did it by the book.

If you could post your procedure for doing this step by step, it would be much appreciated

I've calibrated my esc's manually before installing them, but I've been trying to do the init setup calibration to no avail I think.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old May 26, 2012, 08:00 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Here's where you can find latest firmware and GS software.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 26, 2012, 08:09 AM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
What exactly is WISP mode? Also, if you're planning to use a standard wifi router off a lipo, I'm assuming your just doing it through a power supply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
The battery operated router I posted before and one of this in WISP mode will have you covered for 200 - 300 meters.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/d...TL-WA5210G#fea
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old May 26, 2012, 08:47 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Ed -

Waiting for your flight report, Iím very close to getting one. I would have probably already done it if I didnít need a complete airframe also.. I guess it's only money
Sorry man, I have to fly up to Reno today and work on one of our rental properties. I will be back tonight and start doing the programing. Hopefully I will be flying tomorrow. Winds have been brutal for the last two days with gusts to 55.

Should die down tomorrow or Monday. I will post my results.
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
What exactly is WISP mode? Also, if you're planning to use a standard wifi router off a lipo, I'm assuming your just doing it through a power supply?
Well the idea is using a TL-MR3040 and an TL-WA5210G connected in WISP mode.
The two routers are wirelessly communicating and extending the range. The only issue is that the 5210G needs power on it's own.
The whole setup costs around 75 euro and I already have the WA5210G. That's the only reason I am considering it.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old May 26, 2012, 08:52 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Sorry man, I have to fly up to Reno today and work on one of our rental properties. I will be back tonight and start doing the programing. Hopefully I will be flying tomorrow. Winds have been brutal for the last two days with gusts to 55.

Should die down tomorrow or Monday. I will post my results.
No problem.. we have had the same winds and also some snow last night!!?
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2012, 09:30 AM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
If you could post your procedure for doing this step by step, it would be much appreciated

I've calibrated my esc's manually before installing them, but I've been trying to do the init setup calibration to no avail I think.

Sure, bud. It confused me too.

Start off by only powering the flight controller and not the esc's. Also make sure your transmitter ch5 is in manual mode.

Next, in the gcs press "install guide." During the install guide in the gcs when it gets to step 7, you should hit the cancel button to exit the guide. Then click "init setup" and click the "data" tab to verify it shows you are in settings mode. Once you confirm it is in settings mode you can do the normal procedure of moving the throttle to its highest position and powering up the esc's. You should hear them all signal at once. You can then re launch the install guide and it should continue from step 7.

It should be noted that you can perform this procedure any time the gcs is in settings mode, not just from the install guide option.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old May 26, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
I did some more tests today, when I lower Roll Sensitivity and Pitch Sensitivity I can get rid of the vibration, I can rise Attitude Sensitivity a bit too. Right now my Roll/Pitch Sensitivity is 20 and my Attitude Sensitivity is 75. I didn't change Roll I or Pitch I, that looks like Roll / Pitch Inclination (?)

Attitude snesitivity is easy to undestand, higher the value higher the FC will try to control the attitude, a big value and it will fly like a UFO. But I still don't undestand exactly what means a lower sensitivity in Roll and Pitch, its sensitivity for what? Control? Movement?

I tried to change Motion Compensation but I didn't see any changes, I changed from 150 to 200 and now back to 150. I do want to know exactly what it does.

If someone experimented with these values and did undestand exactly what they change in craft behavior, please share.

I already said it before but this is the best GPS I've seen in these FC, its fast, I can get 11 sats within 2 minutes and after propper magnetic calibration (that is more sensitive than WKM one) I can get a incredible position hold.
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old May 26, 2012, 11:05 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,528 Posts
I was in Reno this morning, back in Vegas tonight, and the snow in the low lands was impressive. In Reno the snow was melted. I did not get up to our house in Tahoe so I cannot comment.
Site Sponsor
Old May 27, 2012, 12:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
I just saw on multirotortech twitter they have a firmware for the Zero on thier support page. Kinda good to get a tweet announcing info like this, saves scouting for it.
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)