SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 23, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Slowly getting there. I'm spending my time on this one to make sure all of the wiring is very clean. Should have most of it finished today.

Name: photo 3.jpg
Views: 127
Size: 159.4 KB
Description:
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 08:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
Slowly getting there. I'm spending my time on this one to make sure all of the wiring is very clean. Should have most of it finished today.

Attachment 4885426
Looking good. I'm awaiting my Galaxy Tab2 for mine. Will be a bust week next week.
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 23, 2012, 09:37 PM
Australia, New South Wales, St Leonards
Joined Aug 2009
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post

Attachment 4885426
Jdreitman
Shouldn't you mount the IMU in the middle,? Anyway I think you made good decision switching to this, i watched TNTJET flew his last weekend at Ermington, it's super stable in PH .
piccoloflyer is offline Find More Posts by piccoloflyer
Old May 23, 2012, 11:16 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
A few people mentioned that as well. I've since changed my setup and now have the IMU, receiver, and Wifi mounted on the bottom level. I'll post pictures soon. But I can tell you that it's all put together, and I've even been able to tether it to my iphone on the first try. Very excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccoloflyer View Post
Jdreitman
Shouldn't you mount the IMU in the middle,? Anyway I think you made good decision switching to this, i watched TNTJET flew his last weekend at Ermington, it's super stable in PH .
Old May 24, 2012, 07:24 AM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Some great videos just to get you guys a bit more excited:

LotusRC T580P+ AutoPilot System -- Autonomous flight using Android Phone (4 min 36 sec)

LotusRC T580P+ AutoPilot System -- Flight with Android Phone (3 min 22 sec)
Old May 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Hmm... why this APP is exactly the same as YS-X6 one?
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old May 24, 2012, 01:35 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
Hmm... why this APP is exactly the same as YS-X6 one?

because he has removed the Lotus guts and installed the YS-X6 system
others have used this same frame and installed the WKM system too.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old May 24, 2012, 02:34 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Tell me, is the double sided tape just any old double sided tape that can be bought from the hardware.

My package arrived today from China. Took 5 working days using EMS. Not bad and a lot cheaper.

Going to install on my almost home brew hexa using RC Tiger MT2814-11 motors and RC Tiger 30A ESC's. This should be completed over the weekend and hopefully I can get Bluestacks and the Android app to work on my PC so I can at least fly using my Tx.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old May 24, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Tell me, is the double sided tape just any old double sided tape that can be bought from the hardware.

My package arrived today from China. Took 5 working days using EMS. Not bad and a lot cheaper.

Going to install on my almost home brew hexa using RC Tiger MT2814-11 motors and RC Tiger 30A ESC's. This should be completed over the weekend and hopefully I can get Bluestacks and the Android app to work on my PC so I can at least fly using my Tx.

Rob
yup, just any decent doublesided foam tape available everywhere.

Alternatively, I sometimes use the very sticky 3m doublesided rubber tape that is used to hold up rear view mirrors that attach to windshields..Mainly for things I won't need to remove after applying the part. That stuff sticks very well after it has been applied for a couple hours. sorta "cures" to the surfaces.

Same stuff Gopro uses on their sticky mounts.
Old May 24, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Oct 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post

Rob
Hey Rob

I use "Sellotape" mirror/mounting double sided tape, you should be able to get it from any Builders Express.

Danz
Orracle is offline Find More Posts by Orracle
Old May 24, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orracle View Post
Hey Rob

I use "Sellotape" mirror/mounting double sided tape, you should be able to get it from any Builders Express.

Danz
I buy rolls of it at most auto parts stores
Old May 24, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Ok guys, after my crash (my fault) and broken props yesterday someone sold to me some a single 14x4,7 pusher prop. So I got back to flying today. I tested a bunch of features this afternoon, will upload the videos this weekend. I also found the cause of my toilet bowl problem, the GPS/Mag was became a little loose and the arrow pointed slighty to the right, I fixed it and now the GPS is perfect

- Fly ToPP (Click to Go) - Easy and precise to execute, the first thing I did was to go to Parameters and setup the Maximum Speed to 3.6m/s so I would'nt have a heart attack with my hexa going at 10m/s. Then go to the map and click anywhere and then click FlyToPP and confirm it. The flight mode must be Auto-hovering.

- Auto TakeOff - Not so easy as the first and caused my crash yesterday because a step I missed, a step that is not in the manual yet. To execute this function you first have to change your stick to Altitude Hold, arm the motors and turn up the motors just a bit after it starts spinning. Then you have to give the GCS the control, (enable control at control tab) and then hit the auto-take off. The craft will go up and stays there until you do something, as RTRyder said in another topic, you need some time to control the craft via a APP, but I was using a tablet so it is better. One thing he noted and I will note too, the far from the center you get with your finger, the faster the craft will go. (observing the maximum speed in Parameters)

Back Landing (Return to Home) and easy one and I used the Channel 6 position 3. The operation is like the WKM. First it goes up, then it comes back to home then it lands. The difference is the precision, its better than my WKM, but since I live in the southern hemisphere... who knows.

- As RTRyder, I couldn't make the Follow Me works, and I tested with 2 different android devices and folowed the instructions in the manual, so I really don't know if there is a step missing or not. Will try again as soon as possible.

- Waypoint, I seen the video posted by jdreitman AFTER I came back from the field, but seeing the video it looks easier than I thought so will try again tomorrow.

- Gimbal Stabilization, after a GotHeliRC giving me a hand via e-mail, I finally got the stabilization working, but didn't have the time to fine tune it, tomorrow I will fine tune it and see the end result with my AV 200.

I'm very pleased with the control for many kind of gains in this craft, today I could remove a ton of vibrations just messing around with the values.
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old May 24, 2012, 07:10 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
Ok guys, after my crash (my fault) and broken props yesterday someone sold to me some a single 14x4,7 pusher prop. So I got back to flying today. I tested a bunch of features this afternoon, will upload the videos this weekend. I also found the cause of my toilet bowl problem, the GPS/Mag was became a little loose and the arrow pointed slighty to the right, I fixed it and now the GPS is perfect

- Fly ToPP (Click to Go) - Easy and precise to execute, the first thing I did was to go to Parameters and setup the Maximum Speed to 3.6m/s so I would'nt have a heart attack with my hexa going at 10m/s. Then go to the map and click anywhere and then click FlyToPP and confirm it. The flight mode must be Auto-hovering.

- Auto TakeOff - Not so easy as the first and caused my crash yesterday because a step I missed, a step that is not in the manual yet. To execute this function you first have to change your stick to Altitude Hold, arm the motors and turn up the motors just a bit after it starts spinning. Then you have to give the GCS the control, (enable control at control tab) and then hit the auto-take off. The craft will go up and stays there until you do something, as RTRyder said in another topic, you need some time to control the craft via a APP, but I was using a tablet so it is better. One thing he noted and I will note too, the far from the center you get with your finger, the faster the craft will go. (observing the maximum speed in Parameters)

Back Landing (Return to Home) and easy one and I used the Channel 6 position 3. The operation is like the WKM. First it goes up, then it comes back to home then it lands. The difference is the precision, its better than my WKM, but since I live in the southern hemisphere... who knows.

- As RTRyder, I couldn't make the Follow Me works, and I tested with 2 different android devices and folowed the instructions in the manual, so I really don't know if there is a step missing or not. Will try again as soon as possible.

- Waypoint, I seen the video posted by jdreitman AFTER I came back from the field, but seeing the video it looks easier than I thought so will try again tomorrow.

- Gimbal Stabilization, after a GotHeliRC giving me a hand via e-mail, I finally got the stabilization working, but didn't have the time to fine tune it, tomorrow I will fine tune it and see the end result with my AV 200.

I'm very pleased with the control for many kind of gains in this craft, today I could remove a ton of vibrations just messing around with the values.

Great to hear you got back in the air and could do some testing.Looking forward to the videos. I will be setting my gimbal up soon, is there a way you can share what important information you learned about setting it up here? It would be helpful and probably save V a few gray hairs

I am still grounded from my ESC failure and hope to test these features this weekend in Miami Beach.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old May 24, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,061 Posts
Maiden success!

Got some video.
wind was blowing harder for the first flight.
with 8 to 9 sats locked, the craft barely budges except to correct for the wind.
with 7 sats locked in, she wanders just a bit, but most definitely the accuracy goes way up with 8 to 9. I flew it surrounded by hills, trees and houses but would still lock in 8 sats regularly. This GPS antenna is very accurate and sensitive.

The props are 12x3.8sf quickly balanced with a little bit of scotch tape.
the highest my vibration read was 2, sitting at 1 most of the time. Seems like the wind gusts causes it to go to 2.
Still thats fairly vibration free.

Video, boring as it is, is coming. I just wanted to show it performing very well in somewhat high winds
Old May 24, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it! I should have mine up in the air by the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Maiden success!

Got some video.
wind was blowing harder for the first flight.
with 8 to 9 sats locked, the craft barely budges except to correct for the wind.
with 7 sats locked in, she wanders just a bit, but most definitely the accuracy goes way up with 8 to 9. I flew it surrounded by hills, trees and houses but would still lock in 8 sats regularly. This GPS antenna is very accurate and sensitive.

Video, boring as it is, is coming. I just wanted to show it performing very well in somewhat high winds