SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 21, 2012, 10:25 PM
anthony
Joined Apr 2012
53 Posts
HAH and Huh ! I preordered mine, it is on the way but no sign yet and NZ is only next door to you !
smudgernz is offline Find More Posts by smudgernz
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 11:55 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Australia always comes first when it comes to priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgernz View Post
HAH and Huh ! I preordered mine, it is on the way but no sign yet and NZ is only next door to you !
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old May 22, 2012, 12:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
Australia always comes first when it comes to priority
HAHAH, Thats why ANZAC is ANZAC, not NZAAC eh?
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 22, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicwilke View Post
HAHAH, Thats why ANZAC is ANZAC, not NZAAC eh?
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old May 22, 2012, 12:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
I'm getting mine from Australian Dealer here: http://www.multirotortech.com.au/ys-x6-basic/
Should be here next week at better price.
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Old May 22, 2012, 02:23 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,329 Posts
I got mine today and I have set up the mechanical side. Next step is the wifi and everything else. I eliminated the lipo connection and just wired it into my PDB on my F550. Works really well. Here are some pictures.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old May 22, 2012, 02:58 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I got mine today and I have set up the mechanical side. Next step is the wifi and everything else. I eliminated the lipo connection and just wired it into my PDB on my F550. Works really well. Here are some pictures.
Looks good Ed. Let's hear what you think about the system.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 22, 2012, 03:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Where is the fun in the hobby if everyone's quad looks like a bunch of cheap molded plastic parts.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old May 22, 2012, 03:06 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,329 Posts
That will be for another day. Way past my bed time. The daylight comes way too soon and I am not a young man anymore that gets by with 5 hours of sleep. At least very often.
Site Sponsor
Old May 22, 2012, 03:13 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Where is the fun in the hobby if everyone's quad looks like a bunch of cheap molded plastic parts.
It is just plastic envy in my opinion. If you don't like it, get some CF or aluminum stuff. It flies just fine. I will not and cannot understand why you have such a problem with these frames. I don't care if you are 14 or 40, come up with something better and the market will buy it. You are connected just make it so. If not stop bashing it. I saw a F330 do a dirt dart from about 70' up while doing a failed flip. The damage two props. The frames are aerobatic regardless of what you think. I don't remember seeing you do a flip or roll on one of your videos. Maybe you can illuminate me.
Site Sponsor
Old May 22, 2012, 03:18 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
It is just plastic envy in my opinion. If you don't like it, get some CF or aluminum stuff. It flies just fine. I will not and cannot understand why you have such a problem with these frames. I don't care if you are 14 or 40, come up with something better and the market will buy it. You are connected just make it so. If not stop bashing it. I saw a F330 do a dirt dart from about 70' up while doing a failed flip. The damage two props. The frames are aerobatic regardless of what you think. I don't remember seeing you do a flip or roll on one of your videos. Maybe you can illuminate me.
I have no interest in making trashy frames. That's what low-wage Chinese workers are for, and seems DJI is excelling in that department.
I do flips and rolls all the time, though I usually only upload hilariously ending ones:

Did a WiseDuck today (0 min 30 sec)

Yaw Authority (2 min 33 sec)
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old May 22, 2012, 04:04 AM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
So, I switched out my iPower motors for the Avrotos, reflashed and started from scratch. After some tuning of the gains, it was flying pretty well, and PH was working as good as my WKM used to.

About 2 minutes into my 2nd battery, one of my ESC's burst into flames and sent it cartwheeling down from about 8 feet up. Sadly, the first thing that came to mind was "Save the FC!" Followed by "Put out the fire and toss the battery!" After blowing out the flaming esc I yanked the battery out. Total damage was 3 busted props, a burnt ESC and the GPS mast is bent. The YS is fine and acquires satellites quick as ever, crisis averted.

This would be the first time I've had an esc do that in a long while. I was using RC-TImer 30 amp esc's flashed with Simon K firmware, they've been working well in the past. I don't think the Avroto 2814-11s motors and 11x4.7 carbon props are a heavy draw either. It was just hovering when it happened. It could have just been time for that esc to fail. I think this time around I may get some blue series or F-30 esc's instead.

The actual RapidESC flash couldn't cause something like this, could it?
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old May 22, 2012, 04:41 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
The reflashed esc have higher amp peaks due to the removed ramp up delay.
It will push the esc harder and if the esc is marginal it will fail.
I would try some F40 reflashed in that setup. If you feel like spending Castle phoenix Ice provide piece of mind.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old May 22, 2012, 04:51 AM
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Very interesting this all is as I am having some issues with my WKM (white LED and most of the time pretty poor GPS performance) I will follow that and when the early adopters confirm that everything is working well I think I will switch .

@Blucross: in the thread about reflashed ESC I remember reading that it happened to others, too. The faster firmware definitely puts more strain on the ESC so they are more likely to fail. One reason I didn't flash anything at all in the moment.
Knilch is offline Find More Posts by Knilch
Old May 22, 2012, 05:17 AM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Jun 2006
308 Posts
Subscribed!!!
ArtPiranha is offline Find More Posts by ArtPiranha