SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2012, 09:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
TC what ESC's are you using on that setup and are they flashed with high speed firmware.
HKF30A and yes, simon fw.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15205
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 09:44 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,912 Posts
BS, actually I mean blade strike, I totally agree. I had a CC 120A HV esc catch fire while setting on my kitchen table. I was doing some test and it went off like fireworks. They replaced the esc but I have never purchased another nor used the one they sent me. For my big heli, I use Kontronic Jazz esc. It is very expensive, over $300 for one, but very good at what it does.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old May 20, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
I had in mind a real joystick not a simulated one.

I am just trying to find if I can use this: (
rc joystick test (1 min 26 sec)
, http://www.aeorc.com/english/?product-324.html)

I think my DX8 trainer port outputs PPM but not sure.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old May 20, 2012, 12:16 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
I had in mind a real joystick not a simulated one.

I am just trying to find if I can use this: (http://vimeo.com/6316332, http://www.aeorc.com/english/?product-324.html)

I think my DX8 trainer port outputs PPM but not sure.
You may want to have a look at this.

wifi control & telemetry first try (1 min 14 sec)
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old May 20, 2012, 02:53 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
So I tested it briefly on my F550 and have now moved it to my big quad. Here's a few pictures of the completed install (12" Props not yet mounted).
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old May 20, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Blucross,

Nice and clean setup, you did a really good job fitting everything so nice in this quad.
Can you tell me the GPS mast size?
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Last edited by Reginak; May 20, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old May 20, 2012, 05:43 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
Thanks

The mast is 155mm tall.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old May 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Interesting!!

What's your view so far Fajar?

Knowing your own all 3, how does it compare to DJi and XA, in GPS position hold? And Altti?
Xaircraft with the "double p" system is getting closer to DJI WKM's performance but it is not there yet. It may take them a bit more time to achieve that level of performance but the progress is real so far.

DJI WKM has problems with position hold performance in some areas of southern hemisphere. But when it works, you know how good it is. Works very well in gps mode with my 650 size frame when sats are not dropping.

YS-X6 has same high performance of altitude hold like WKM, the same goes for the position hold. And it does have more features than WKM. But most importantly, I've been experiencing consistent performance of gps hold with the unit so thats a big plus for people in down under.

If you care about aesthetics, built quality of WKM kit is more polished than YS-X6.

As YS-X6 shares similar price bracket (a bit cheaper, though) and marketing segment (serious hobbyist to pro) with WKM, it would all come down to features, performance and system reliability. No doubt these two companies are now in direct competition.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 20, 2012, 06:36 PM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Since TC never release the ESC32, I had to use CC25s for my hexa. Just tested it yesterday, all I can say is WOW! The only downside, CC25 is too expensive
ddmt is offline Find More Posts by ddmt
Old May 20, 2012, 06:45 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt View Post
Since TC never release the ESC32, I had to use CC25s for my hexa. Just tested it yesterday, all I can say is WOW! The only downside, CC25 is too expensive
I have heard really good reports on the CC multirotor download. I have heard that its some of the best out there as of the moment.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old May 20, 2012, 10:23 PM
MULTIROTOR FREAK
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Aug 2011
196 Posts
can anyone tell me how to arm the motors ; The stick combination to unlock the motors
hemanthtguru is offline Find More Posts by hemanthtguru
Old May 20, 2012, 11:55 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthtguru View Post
can anyone tell me how to arm the motors ; The stick combination to unlock the motors
The same like DJI WKM. Move sticks to lower corner then throttle up.
Old May 21, 2012, 02:01 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
Xaircraft with the "double p" system is getting closer to DJI WKM's performance but it is not there yet. It may take them a bit more time to achieve that level of performance but the progress is real so far.

DJI WKM has problems with position hold performance in some areas of southern hemisphere. But when it works, you know how good it is. Works very well in gps mode with my 650 size frame when sats are not dropping.

YS-X6 has same high performance of altitude hold like WKM, the same goes for the position hold. And it does have more features than WKM. But most importantly, I've been experiencing consistent performance of gps hold with the unit so thats a big plus for people in down under.

If you care about aesthetics, built quality of WKM kit is more polished than YS-X6.

As YS-X6 shares similar price bracket (a bit cheaper, though) and marketing segment (serious hobbyist to pro) with WKM, it would all come down to features, performance and system reliability. No doubt these two companies are now in direct competition.
Thanks Fajar, very informative!!

Will be keeping a close eye on how this one pans out! Interesting times ahead for the multirotor world!!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old May 21, 2012, 03:33 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucross View Post
Thanks

The mast is 155mm tall.

I mount the GPS right on top of the canopy in my F550. One of my mates did the same with his XA 650 v4 frame. While it is recommended to use the rod but my personal experience tells me that GPS works without problem if you mount it shorter than the length of the mast; provided that there's reasonable clearance to avoid EMI.
Old May 21, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
Ordered mine on Friday, and it arrived from GotHeliRC (V) on Tuesday morning. Did I mention I'm in Sydney, Australia!? Talk about great service. So excited to be out of the grasp of DJI.

Name: photo.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 77.8 KB
Description:
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman