SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 19, 2012, 10:46 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
You can change the speed for the entire waypoint operation in the parameters page. But if you want to have velocity variations for each travel point to point then I suppose you can change the velocity in the GS as the multi flies to that point.

They may come up with "operations mode" in the future where we can preset parameters into a comprehensive plan for an entire waypoint operation. They should have plans to implement the mode as their competitor has already implemented similar feature in their waypoint system.

Right now, the basic stuff works.
What I would like to see in a future rev is a target point for the cam lock..
perhaps its there already, and I just haven't seen it yet.

Like mikro uses..select a target and then select way points around the target where the craft will auto yaw around for the cam lock. I suppose this is part of the enhanced version of the firmware?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 12:22 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
What I would like to see in a future rev is a target point for the cam lock..
perhaps its there already, and I just haven't seen it yet.

Like mikro uses..select a target and then select way points around the target where the craft will auto yaw around for the cam lock. I suppose this is part of the enhanced version of the firmware?
in the map you can click a point to bring up a smiley on the map, activate ptt lock thingy then move your aileron stick and the copter will fly in a circle with the yaw lock to the smiley. Tried that in the field last week but I had to abort the circle because the radius was a bit too wide for me. yeah, this feature is part of the enhanced kit.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 20, 2012, 03:42 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
So I'm slowly putting this thing together.
Got it inside my GhettoStar clone frame.
It seems to be really heavy. I will probably fly it with 4S 5000 pack, which is another few hundred grams. Seeing how I never built anything > 1kg AUW I'm wondering if it will fly.
It's 1.8kg now without battery.

timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 20, 2012, 03:47 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
It seems to be really heavy. I will probably fly it with 4S 5000 pack, which is another few hundred grams. Seeing how I never built anything > 1kg AUW I'm wondering if it will fly.

It's about time you fly something with more mass, TC.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 20, 2012, 04:01 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Any info on what makes the box tick? Are the hardware similar to ... or of better quality?
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old May 20, 2012, 04:54 AM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
715 Posts
Quote:

Hey TC, glad to see that huge NoppiStar equipped with excellency stuff!
Eager to see it airborne, do take a vid of it please, for the Hall of Fame J/K
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Old May 20, 2012, 06:58 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Interesting!!

What's your view so far Fajar?

Knowing your own all 3, how does it compare to DJi and XA, in GPS position hold? And Altti?
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old May 20, 2012, 08:25 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:

TC 2 images came to mind that would be reallt cool logo for your zero aircraft get a decal made up I think I like the pink one best.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old May 20, 2012, 08:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Thanks dude. Getting Quad_Addict to print me a decal asap.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 20, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Quote:
The joystick is connected through YS-X6 wifi module. I use android tablet as my GS.
Do you need any special hardware for that? I can not understand how the connection between the joystick and the android GS is made.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old May 20, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Dec 2007
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
Do you need any special hardware for that? I can not understand how the connection between the joystick and the android GS is made.
I think its a virtual Joystick on the tablet screen.
cougar2465 is offline Find More Posts by cougar2465
Old May 20, 2012, 09:16 AM
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
724 Posts
2 different things. There is a virtual joystick in the GCS software, but I think redridinghood is asking about using a PC Flight Joystick with the YS as shown in the product videos.

They mention using a specific wifi version of a joystick, I am looking for it I can't recall off hand. I would imagine that it connects to the same router as the YS and somehow is detected by the GCS, but some clear definition of the process would be cool. The manual doesn't say a word about it.
Blucross is offline Find More Posts by Blucross
Old May 20, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Dec 2007
169 Posts
Would be great to have a radio TX in the shape of joysticks it wouldn't be hard to make. Both Radio TX and Joystick use the same type of pots but just different spring rates.
cougar2465 is offline Find More Posts by cougar2465
Old May 20, 2012, 09:32 AM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
TC what ESC's are you using on that setup and are they flashed with high speed firmware.
Thanks ahead of time.
For some reason I can't wrap my head around spending over 50 dollars a unit for 25 amp Castle creations high speed ESC's but really trying to lock down a high speed ESC that will be reliable in flying aircraft that are worth more than my first automobile. Or first born as far as that goes lol
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old May 20, 2012, 09:36 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
TC what ESC's are you using on that setup and are they flashed with high speed firmware.
Thanks ahead of time.
For some reason I can't wrap my head around spending over 50 dollars a unit for 25 amp Castle creations high speed ESC's but really trying to lock down a high speed ESC that will be reliable in flying aircraft that are worth more than my first automobile. Or first born as far as that goes lol
I wouldnt give CC anymore of my money.. Just do a read on the quality of the last year and they support.. They used to be on top but now...?

Coming from heli's I have seen more than one cc esc catch fire and destroy very expensive birds and would not trust any of them now!
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: S900 H3-3D Mount