HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2012, 03:02 PM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
one thing that I've oft wondered with any of the gps enabled FC boards is how they average out the normal consumer grade gps errors. What is it..3 to 10 meters of "accuracy" for consumer GPS use when stationary?

Would make sense to me that there would be a little bit of "toilet bowl" effect as long as its not flying this way down a line versus just making a small circle over a somewhat fixed point on the ground.

And to add, MINE FINALLY showed up.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2012, 03:10 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
when I was talking with ZEROUAV I have asked to use the "navigation" (chanel 6 - middle position) when no waypoint is programmed to enter carefree mode.
what do you think of this ?
Maximus
All I know is that I somehow cannot fly carefree at all. Have tried a number of times and I get so lost.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old May 19, 2012, 03:14 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
Changing settings helps a bit but it still won't hold very well.

Don't know what the vibration reading is, too windy to let go of the sticks to look at the phone while ithe quad is in the air and no one around to do it for me right now.

Maybe you can ask the engineers what to do about it? First I'd like to be able to properly set the declination to see if tht has any effect on things, I'll be waiting for the firmware update
Lastnight when I talked to them, they said that even if the declination is off by 2-5 digit it should work. I have had the toilet bowl effect before when the vibration was high after I change out a broken prop from a crash. But after some balance and a little tweaking it went away.

So far my experience with the gps hold with mine is amazing, it's hold within inches, never wonder off... it surprise a lot of people at the field where I fly, they didn't think GPS is that accurate. But it's the combination of gps and accelerometer. But what I don't understand it it doesn't hold as well in attitude mode, but when it's kick to gps mode, it's pretty much dead lock.

However, if I turn gps hold on before it lock into 7 satelites or more, then it toilet bowl for sure.

Also on the side note... are you hard mounted the GPS on the metal plate or gyro tape? I use gyro tape.
GotHeliRC is online now Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by GotHeliRC; May 19, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old May 19, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Hi Timecop...How are you doing without an Android?

Once i get my package, which is some where between China and here, I am going to see if mine works with Bluestacks and set up one of my wrt54G's with tomato and crank up the power as the router, and if that does not work then I am going to have to buy myself an Android Tab, still using the router. I am going to try and fly this with the PC or Tablet and use the TX as a safety net....Just for fun

Rob
Old May 19, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
However, if I turn gps hold on before it lock into 7 satelites or more, then it toilet bowl for sure.
It all depends on the Horizontal DOP. If you have a look at http://www.trimble.com/GNSSPlanningOnline/#/Settings you will see that depending on the location of the satellites, the DOP will change quite a lot which has an impact on the accuracy of the GPS. So one can have 10 satellites and a bad DOP which will lead up to the toilet bowl effect.
Old May 19, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
I have a declination of 20.85W over 8 the maximum the system accept. So I think this will be an issue here.
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old May 19, 2012, 05:01 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
I have a declination of 20.85W over 8 the maximum the system accept. So I think this will be an issue here.
Don't think to much right now, I have reported the issue to them, they are working on it.
GotHeliRC is online now Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Old May 19, 2012, 05:47 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,906 Posts
Vu you have your hands full. Mine is supposed to arrive on Monday, I hope I can help with the confusion. Thanks for trying to keep up with the service requests.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2 Lightbridge set up
Old May 19, 2012, 07:37 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
it works.

YS-X6 Waypoint (0 min 34 sec)
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 19, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
fajar,

Can you change the speed the multi goes from target to target? Example, it will goes all the waypoints in x km/h
Old May 19, 2012, 09:11 PM
Love my Raven's!
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak View Post
fajar,

Can you change the speed the multi goes from target to target? Example, it will goes all the waypoints in x km/h
I've got to recommend you read the manual and go over the past posts.

Yes..the end user can select how fast/slow it will travel to point to point, or in general.
Its in the manual, on the android display screens and posted in the two threads.
Old May 19, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
I did read the manual, but the manual is not clear enough and the only places I see speed is Max Speed at Parameters (Android APP) and in the manual (page 34) I see Max Speed - Set flight speed. (nothing more)

Is that it? Or there is some other place that sets the speed for waypoints? I really didn't find anything about this.

Thanks
Old May 19, 2012, 09:47 PM
Love my Raven's!
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
ok..gotcha.
speed between waypoints.
My appologies. yes that is a good question.
Old May 19, 2012, 09:47 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
You can change the speed for the entire waypoint operation in the parameters page. But if you want to have velocity variations for each travel point to point then I suppose you can change the velocity in the GS as the multi flies to that point.

They may come up with "operations mode" in the future where we can preset parameters into a comprehensive plan for an entire waypoint operation. They should have plans to implement the mode as their competitor has already implemented similar feature in their waypoint system.

Right now, the basic stuff works.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 19, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
So the max speed in parameters will be the speed between waypoints. Right?

Yep, I think they will come with a more "complete" solution for the waypoints system. But right now, I'm happy the way it is as I get more and more feedback looking video for example.

Thanks